Pollen Chucking with VAhomegrown

I have no idea on that cuz. I DO know the finished bud will fail, and that’s in ANY state that tests, not just Cali. It cost us big-time to find that out here in Oklahoma. Period…

5 Likes

I’m out…

2 Likes

One parting comment, we lost literally tens of thousands of dollars because of Azamax 10+ pounds had to be destroyed!
Over $20,000 at the going rate of that year (2020) and that is what we’d get IF we coulda sold it to the dispos, not what they’d make!
btw. the plants only got sprayed ONE TIME in veg with Azamax!
The plants were outdoors, so i don’t know where you get the info that it’s ‘gone’ after a few hours!

6 Likes

man this sucks. Be great if company’s didn’t lie about this.

So Bifenthrin isn’t typically taken up by plants, its not water soluble and has a half life of 7-8 months in soil.

Permethrin can be taken up by plants, will stay on the leaves for 1-3 weeks, and if applied to the soil and then you put plants it, Permethrin can be found in the plants 120 days later. It has a half life of 30-40 days in soil, but only 2.5hrs in water, and less than 5hrs when exposed to sunlight.

Azadirachtin is very similar, half life of 30-44 days. 48min-4days in water. 1-3 days on leaves. microbes and light break it down.

7 Likes

Sorry if I did a slight ‘Hijack’ of your thread @VAhomegrown but I had to say something here!

7 Likes

Dude! Sucks! I’m very sorry to hear that! I’ve gotten to the point where I just assume they are present, but dormant or my weekly IPM is keeping them at bay.

Im still using Nube’s spray and haven’t seen anything in a while. I make sure to hit them weekly in veg. In flower I got nothing. Actually, I remember colocowboy over on riu mentioning spraying flowering plants with alkaline water, then acidic water on rotation daily. Never tried it, but sounds like it might keep populations low enough to get through harvest.

6 Likes

You’re really close to harvest time. Can you “wash” the plants after chop w a hydrogen peroxide & water bath?
Then thorough dry off w a fan before hanging plants to dry like usual.
It should remove the mites and poop i read.

Here’s the thread (link below) on riu from a grower who used it to clean off PM spores and bugs.

Here’s WinterBone’s method in summary:

“This is my method now. Two buckets. One with warmish water (around 20C) that I mix 1 cup H202, 2tbsp baking soda and 2tbsp lemon juice per 5gal. (some people do three buckets and have a bucket each for H202 and soda/lemon juice). Then rinse in a bucket with cold water. Hang to dry as normal. Done this for four harvests now and I’m very happy with the results. No issues, no loss of quality, tastes better than my previous non-washed harvests. good luck!”

7 Likes

Oh I don’t mind at all! Glad you dropped that knowledge. Not sure why they’re allowed to put “OMRI” on their label anymore after reading that. Shame because it worked well. I guess we know why lol.

How much did all the materials to make the UltimateUM cost? Debating my options. Drive an hour + to DC and spend the $$$ on a gallon of Dr Zymes and try and save what I can, or buy the stuff for your mix and just start my grow over again. My lights just came on, and after looking closer all I see is tons of mite damage after spraying the Dr Zymes last night. They are def on more than just the 2 that I tossed last night. Think I might just scrap this grow and do a reset.

7 Likes

That does work , if the plant survives through full maturity. The SMs, if on the plants very long, do enough damage that the THC content is a lot lower though.
Not only did we lose out on over 20k, for the harvest batch, but had to toss a $350/gal of Azamax, and also lost out on over 500 other plants in the grow, destroyed and started over.

So, you can see why I’m so ‘down’ on Azamax!

5 Likes

The ingredients for the MTA one-n-done mix is well under $100 total from Amazon. I don’t remember the exact number but I think it was around $60-70

4 Likes

@HolyAngel ya know I luv ya cuz! lol But please, don’t recommend Azamax to folks! lol

3 Likes

If you wash the plants w H2O2 like above, maybe at least you can get clean enough plant material to make ice water kief for hash or concentrates?

5 Likes

I’d recommend dipping the entire plant, still live and in the pots. Then you have time for it to recover and produce THC like it should. Cover the soil/potting mix, with cardboard and turn the whole thing upside down and immerse in a 5gal bucket for a bit.
Not the best, but it can’t do any more harm than them lil F’ers are doing.

5 Likes

I can probably get away with doing that with the Orange Verde’s. They still have a couple weeks to go. The SSDD were going to get defoliated today and chopped on Tuesday. They are pretty much done.

5 Likes

yeah no worries! I wasn’t aware it had the thrins in there or i would’ve never used it to beginwith. Did a lot of research before I came to that after being recommended it by other growers for veg-only use on plants you’d make clones of, and that shit never came up :see_no_evil: Appreciate the heads up regardless, it’s going in the trash now.

9 Likes

We thought we had done proper investigating also! lol Spent $350 on gal of the stuff, used it on the entire grow, it does work! But… lol finding out after was VERY costly

live-n-learn, right?

8 Likes

Should I clone out and trash any plants that have had Azamax put in the soil?

5 Likes

That’s what we did cuz, but not to sell to dispos, lol Just used the concentrate for personal. Couldn’t sell it since we didn’t have processor license, only growing license

5 Likes

I would. and maybe clone them again after that too. That’s what i’m gonna have to do on these bandaid cuts… fuck. and my northstar and nl5hss girls too :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

If you sell it, yes. If only personal, up to you. Just bear in mind the chem is there. Making concentrates is an alternative.
Even then if any plant matter makes it into the concentrate (and it usually does) there will be traces, but shouldn’t be enough to hurt ya
Don’t reuse the soil/potting mix though lol

6 Likes