Bodhi Time Bandit and Goji

Whoa! :open_mouth: Every single plant looks amazing. :clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3:. Love seeing fat ass branches swaying back forth testing our patience and shit lol. Going to have to do some serious staking but all I have are 2 ft bamboos and every plant is 4 ft or more :roll_eyes:.
On being an inspiration, Thank you . Buuuuttt, I feel like forums such as this one, where everyone can share info and pics without judgement or feeling like everyone is trying to one up each other, is what inspires me personally. Meeting people such as yourself, others you mentioned and others not mentioned are what inspire me to take down info and take time out of my day to post it and enjoy others work and possibly help at the same time.
You are doing great and I hope this place can flourish further. :v:t3:

9 Likes

Sorry I forgot to mention you, @Swe-can. I love your screen name. Every time I see it, I’m like,”Sweeeeee-caaaaaannn…” haha! Thanks for the compliment, but it wasn’t any work to it. Just letting Bodhi’s cross do its thing…

6 Likes

Forgot about @Sunvalley, too. You are an inspiration, dude. If you can’t get inspired by @Sunvalley’s threads, you might as well be dead.

9 Likes

Mhm, yep, that’s right. That was my point. Let’s all help each other out. Having said that, if y’all wanna judge me, feel free haha.

7 Likes

I forgot to address the bamboo thing. Getting stakes during this pandemic has been a serious pain in the ass. I looked all over in March and April and could not find them. Amazon had them but at a ridiculous price, like 75 bucks for a pack of 25 four foot stakes. Which is just stupid. I finally found a place just a little bit south of me, 100 five foot stakes for 100 bucks. Still a lot of money, but I figured I could cut them to fit the size I needed and basically get 200 stakes for the price of 100. Honestly, I haven’t needed stakes in like my last three grows, but I had a feeling I’d need them for this one. And for the next couple grows I’m planning. So I grabbed a shitload and now I’m set. Won’t ever need stakes again haha!

6 Likes

I am happy to hear that you were finally able to get some stakes. I pay $1/ here and they are 6ft, so I sometimes will half them as well. I appreciate you including me in your inspiration post (although I am not sure what I did to receive the honor haha) and also for the invite here. I am about to send out more seeds to quite a few people here and other places and that truly makes me happy. I really enjoy the vibe here. Your plants are looking beautiful. If you could just drop the temperature a little bit, I’m sure you could get them to blah blah blah. That shit still cracks me the fuck up haha. I still hope to be able to get my hands on some Goji OG seeds to try out for myself one day. You know, for science haha. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

5 Likes

Wow, those plants look so good! Great growing brother. Wish we could have some virtual smoke sessions, or at the minimum some damn Smell-O-Vision. 2020 is so much lamer than I envisioned as a kid.

7 Likes

Haha! That’s right, I forgot about that. Definitely need to try and get my buds to Purple Up haha… And start Packing On The Weight.

And you are an inspiration, dude, don’t be modest. Making seeds and giving them to people is probably one of the coolest things that somebody can do. I really need to start doing that, too. I just don’t trust my judgement when it comes to males/making seeds. Which is weird, since I trust my judgement completely about literally everything else.

I have a few Goji seeds left, I’ll have to look at my seed list and see exactly how many (five or six, I think). I actually thought I’d planted them all, but when I got my seed fridge and started cataloging everything while I was moving them from our “real” fridge to the seed fridge, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I still had some more Gojis. Not too many, but I’d be willing to part with them and see what somebody could do with them. Five seeds ain’t much, but you never know…

I will say that I’m much more impressed with the Gojis this round than I was the last time I grew them. These are way different. Obviously, how they smoke will be the true test, but I can kind of see why people were freaking out over these when Bodhi released them.

6 Likes

2020 is soooooo much lamer than I envisioned as a kid haha! No doubt…

4 Likes

beautiful work - great growing
enjoy !!
Sam

6 Likes

Looking amazing I’m gonna have to track some of the Time Bandit down. Excellent work :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if you are offering me the Goji OG seeds or not, but if you are, I would definitely be down to look through them. I never like making promises before I am 100% sure that I can keep them, but I could definitely promise to appreciate them and germinate them on my next round of germination after receiving them. I usually start new seeds every 2-3 weeks. I have 22 cultivars that I am growing and I just started germinating 6 more cultivars yesterday haha. Always steady searching. I appreciate you, but definitely don’t feel obligated to send anything my way either.

I truly enjoy making seeds and spreading them around as much as possible brings me happiness, so I can’t say that I do it all selflessly or anything haha. Creating new cultivars and gifting them to others and growing them out myself is easily my favorite part of growing cannabis. Really just the camaraderie that surrounds it all. I appreciate you! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

7 Likes

Man they seriously look amazing. Nice job! You can see what that shot of fulvic or whatever did to the leaves a few weeks ago, but the strong genetics still turned out a bumper crop. I’m super impressed by that Goji #9! Looks phenomenal.

I’d say the Time Bandits have a typical “HP” thing going on. Maybe people call it OG style but there’s no OG in the 88g13hp F6 male that bodhi’s using. Your plants don’t look weird at all, and spacing between nodes is good for lighting and production - big bushy colas don’t usually have much down low and don’t weigh as much as those dense nodal nugs. Honestly, they look like the best of the bodhi HP crosses I’ve grown. Nice node spacing, no foxtailing, just solid pinecones on top and extra dense golfballs all the way down. Very photogenic. If looks aren’t deceiving, I’d bet those are very strong meds. I hope at least one isn’t ultra couchlock. lol

As mentioned before, these HP crosses can look deceptively done, but will often reward your patience while they go long. Sometimes they look done done at 8wks, and you could harvest them then, but they’ll often keep fattening up. Trichs and pistils are two measures, but I read back in 99 or 00 on the original Overgrow where a guy said he thought the buds, when ready, turn an obviously different hue. I’ve found that to be true. It’s subtle if you don’t know what to look for, but most plants do it. No need for loupes or microscopes or any fancy bs, and it doesn’t really show up in pics, especially not blown out pics with a flash, but you’ll see it. Around their expected crop date, at some point you’ll wake up, look in the tent and know it by the color shift. The Doppler effect. Or maybe I’m just the superstitious son of a farmer.

12 Likes

Yeah, when I first bought the Time Bandit seeds, I thought it was straight White Fire x GHash and I was pumped. I looooooove White Fire. Then I realized that it was WiFi 43, which I guess is some kind of Indica-dominant pheno of White Fire? That made me less pumped haha. But now, having grown them out, I’m pumped again. So far, it definitely seems worth it. We’ll have to see how they smoke…

But I love the way they’ve grown, flower formation is good, definitely stinky. Grab those beans, dude. I haven’t really been looking around too much in the past few weeks, but I feel like I saw them available at multiple seed banks last time I did.

8 Likes

Haha, yeah, dude, I’m offering you (or whoever wants them) those Gojis. I just looked at my list and the only thing I saw re: the Gojis was “11x Goji” scratched out. That was the pack I used for this current run. But I feel certain I saw like half a pack or so when I was moving shit from one fridge to the other. Probably just forgot to write it down. I’ll take a look in the fridge at some point today just to be sure. I’m not gonna grow them again any time soon, so I’d rather somebody does while they’re still viable.

My memory’s really, really bad except when it comes to weed genetics and NFL players’ alma maters. So if I think I have these seeds, it’s like 99% certain I do. And I can tell you where almost every single football player went to school haha…

9 Likes

@minitiger I would be down for some Goji. Never had any so dont know what I’m missing yet. Would be nice to have if no1 else takes.

Peace

2 Likes

Yeah, I know what you mean re: the hue. I’ve actually been noticing that the last few days, where the buds are looking almost blue. “Blue” isn’t exactly the right word, because they’re obviously not blue, but it’s the best word I can use to describe it.

I will say, too, that looking at the full plant pics I posted, the nugs are obviously fatter than they were the last time I posted pics (yes, I obsessively read and re-read my posts haha). Definitely a good idea to let them hit nine weeks instead of chopping them at eight weeks. It’s weird, but I feel like I get a better sense of the plants by looking at pictures of them, even though the plants are right there in front of me. I dunno. It could just be because of my shitty eyesight, but pics definitely seem to help me get a better feel for what’s going on.

The only reason I was thinking “OG” is because of the WiFi. I really have no idea how that grows, since I’ve never grown it, but it is an OG hybrid. But yeah, I agree, the GHash is definitely obvious in the Time Bandits. I know you (and a lot of other people) think that GHash dad takes a back seat to whatever mom it was crossed with, but I really feel like it dominates everything. This is now the third GHash cross I’ve grown and they all seem pretty similar, as far as structure is concerned. The smells and flavors aren’t the same (Clusterfunk was onion/garlic/BO-smelling and pine-y hashy flavor; Golden Triangle tester was wet carpet-smelling and ridiculously complex and delicious flavor; we’ll see how the Time Bandits end up…), but the structure of all three of those crosses has been virtually identical. And the Clusterfunk high and the Golden Triangle high are exactly the same. I won’t be bummed if the Time Bandits smoke the same, too.

Anyway… I loooooove growing that weed haha!

12 Likes

So I chopped the Time Bandits yesterday, day 64. It just worked out that way with the watering schedule. I like to chop plants two days after the last time I water and since I watered on day 62… Plus, I had some other shit going on, couldn’t have chopped on day 63 if I wanted to.

Anyway, it felt weird not taking ANY pics at all on chop day, so I snapped a few real quick. I’m not sure which phenos these are:

Time Bandit chop day 64 1

So those are down now, Gojis are still going. Probably gonna chop them on day 70. Almost definitely gonna chop them on day 70.

And since this grow log is coming to an end, I have to include a pic of my dogs. Couldn’t have done it without them haha.

My girl tied some bandanas on them yesterday, I dunno where she got them from. I like it, though. Makes 'em look younger…

29 Likes

OMG I love boxers! Had one long ago but left it with my ex when we broke up. :slight_smile: They’re the best. Happy and fun, always down to clown, emphasis on the clown. :clown_face:

Nice plants, look like a real easy trim, too. They sure seemed ready. Can’t wait for the cured smoke report and obligatory dried budshots. :popcorn:

13 Likes

Haha boxers are awesome! The one in the back doesn’t look so sure of you :rofl:

Your Goji and TB look great! I have some Goji’s finishing soon too, it will be interesting to compare ours.

7 Likes