Bodhi's Triple Goddess, HolyAngel's Franco's Lemon Cheese x NL5Haze/Sensi Star and Doc D's Wat Pho

Well, yeah, I’d expect something that was getting 13 hours of light to take quite a bit longer than if it was getting twelve hours. But does eleven (or less) make them finish faster than twelve? I dunno.

I know @HorseBadorites always flowers on 10/14 and he’s said that he hasn’t noticed a difference in yields between plants flowered on that schedule and plants flowered on a longer one. I’m not sure I’ve ever asked if he’s noticed a difference in finishing times, though. If I have, I don’t remember his answer haha.

11 Likes

LOVE the way that #5 MT looks! Think the long fat colas are from the Williams Wonder?

And honestly that #1 MT doesn’t look too far off from Bodhi’s pic :thinking:
Bodhi_Seeds_-_Mountain_Temple

Everything’s looking stellar this run! :muscle:

10 Likes

I can’t find anything saying longer then 12 hours of darkness makes them finish faster. So I give up haha and it is probably some differences depending on the genetics too.

4 Likes

This is the money shot! Drooling over her. Great job on all brotha! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

I think it’s from that OldSog SSH that he used, actually. Something about that #5 plant has been reminding me of my favorite Silver Mountain that I grew a few years ago and there’s no William’s Wonder in that. She doesn’t look exactly like that SM plant, but she’s putting out the same vibes haha.

Yeah, honestly I don’t really decrease lights-on to get them to finish up faster or anything, I just like to try to mimic nature as much as I can indoors. Shortening the “day” length as the grow progresses seems like a relatively easy way to achieve that.

Thanks, dude. That’s all the breeder’s work, though, I’m just watering the plants haha.

15 Likes

I just picked up my Ethiopian Flame cut from a friend. It has that tropical fruit, unripe banana smell to it, sounds like your banana soap

15 Likes

I did 10/14 for a long time, and I didn’t notice any yield difference from 12/12, but I was much shittier grower before that!

As for a faster finish, IDK, everything I grow seems to take 10 weeks no matter what the light schedule is.

I’ve been back on 12/12 for almost a year. R.C.Clarke and a botanist friend who studies indoor grow lighting at Duke both mentioned it could make bigger trich heads. I think it does, but have no way to prove anything like that. Seems like the same SSDD I’ve been growing under 12/12 is a lot stickier… I’ve been having to clean my snips a whole lot more, lol! Still takes 10 weeks, too :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Not including the 100+ days of veg haha.

Oh, you have? I must’ve forgotten.

Hm. That’s interesting. I used to start flower on an 11:45 schedule and then decrease by fifteen minutes after a month, then fifteen minutes again like three weeks later etc until the plants finished and they always turned out super-sticky. I’ve definitely noticed that a lot of my stuff isn’t as frosty or as sticky since I’ve been doing the “five minutes a week” thing, but I just assumed it was the genetics that I’ve been growing lately.

Maybe I’ll switch back to the old way…

8 Likes

I think I’ve been on 11.5 on | 12.5 off for the last year or so. Some hard sativa leaners won’t finish at 12/12 or take forever.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I start on now and then decrease by five minutes a week a month in.

That’s kind of why I’ve been doing that lately haha.

7 Likes

@minitiger have you chopped your mountain temples yet? I think mine will come down fairly soon. Im going to look her over tonight

5 Likes

Uh uh, no, not yet. I thought I was gonna chop one of them today maybe, the #1 plant in the pics above. She’s been looking done for a little bit, but when I took her out to water on day 64 (three days ago) she started swaaayyyyyying, which she hadn’t been doing before whenever I moved her. I figure that means that the flowers are still filling out, so I’m gonna wait a few more days, probably day 70 or 72, maybe even a little bit longer than that. The lowers are still pretty “airy,” too, so…

The #5 plant looks like she still has a ways to go, probably won’t chop her until day 80 or so. I think that one’s an (exciting) outlier, doesn’t look anything at all like the other one I’m growing now or the three that I grew last time.

How far along are yours now? Post some pics here, since you don’t wanna post any in your thread haha.

6 Likes

Mine is on day 67. I’ll take another look at her tonight. I posted some pics, she’s just been in the far back corner. Floppy as hell, just like green crack.

5 Likes

Oh, yeah, DUH! haha. I forgot you and I flipped on the same day.

5 Likes

Mountain Temple, Day 67.
Floppy as all hell.
It’s not leaving the far back corner until harvest. Still looks to be fairly decent.

18 Likes

That’s interesting. The #5 plant, the outlier and what I’m assuming is an OldSog SSH leaner, is the only one of the two flopping this round. I stuck a couple stakes in that pot a few days ago. The #1 plant is pretty sturdy, although she is starting to sway quite a bit, like I mentioned. I don’t think she’s gonna need to be staked, though.

The other three that I grew last time all got pretty floppy, all of them had to be staked, but they were also like twice the size of the two I’m growing now, both height-wise and, uh, circumference-wise or whatever. I guess Mountain Temple is just a floppy plant haha.

Yours looks good, anyway! Kinda looks a little like the #1 plant that I’m growing.

11 Likes

Yea it’s a nice plant, pretty excited to try it, I think it’s got a few more days. I figured the floppieness was from the green crack in the appy, the green crack I had and did some chucking with was EXTREMELY floppy. You looked at it wrong and it flopped.

4 Likes

I’m trying to remember the other Appalachian crosses I’ve grown… I think it was just a couple Prayer Towers and a couple of The Fuzz. I’m pretty sure I didn’t have to stake any of those plants, but I could be wrong. That was years ago…

3 Likes

Yea the green crack mom I had was extremely floppy. I made 2 crosses with it, I wonder if those have the flop too.

3 Likes

Plant ‘em, dude! What’d you cross her with?

3 Likes