Bodhi's Triple Goddess, HolyAngel's Franco's Lemon Cheese x NL5Haze/Sensi Star and Doc D's Wat Pho

It was a good game…kinda lackluster on offense in the second half, but the Lions put things together on defense when they needed to. Best part of today is that the packers beat dallas, so instead of Detroit having to beat dallas at home (again) they get a bonus home playoff game…I’m guessing against TB.

6 Likes

Yeah, I like the Bucs to win tonight, too, not sure I’ve ever seen a team crater and implode as quickly as the Eagles have this season. But, as you well know, that’s what happens when you let Matt Patricia into the building haha. I wouldn’t let that guy coach a high school special teams unit, no idea how he’s still working in the NFL.

4 Likes

Patricia must interview well. That’s all I can guess.

I keep looking at the comments on Lions posts today and they’re full of salty Rams fans talking about no-calls & the fully legal tackle on Higbee. Like how many times can Lions fans post the “first time?” meme when it comes to getting screwed by the refs? I mean, the uncalled hands to the face on LaPorta in the Lions’ first drive told me what sort of officiating we were going to see. I can’t say my assumption was wrong either.

4 Likes

Ummm, I dunno. I didn’t think there was anything “egregious” on the part of the refs or anything. I don’t remember the uncalled hands to the face on LaPorta, but I was pretty lit yesterday haha. I thought it was just a good game that the Lions won, nothing to do with the refs or anything.

I also haven’t seen any of those comments from Rams fans. I’ve been banned from commenting on TheAthletic for a couple years now haha, no idea why. I certainly didn’t violate their TOS, but I never got an answer from the bots on why it was or what comment I made that got me banned. So I finally canceled my subscription a few months ago haha. The only other sports site I go on that allows comments is SBNation, but I haven’t checked out any of those articles yet. No need to, really. I watched the game, the Rams lost, that’s all I need to know haha.

I’m looking forward to this off-season, anyway. Puka looks like a future hall of famer, Kyren looks awesome, we’ve got cap space, a lot of our rookies on defense looked great this year, we’ve got a first-round draft pick for the first time in, like, twenty years… haha.

I read an article a couple years ago where multiple Lions players were interviewed after he was fired and they fucking hated him. Nobody had anything good to say about him at all. You’d think that the people in charge might take how a coach’s former players feel about him into consideration when making the decision about whether or not to hire him, but I guess not haha.

3 Likes

I can agree on that. Dude’s slippery AF and had to get gang tackled all night.

Probably time to look at drafting a QB. Stafford’s still got an arm, but he definitely got another concussion last night based on the look on his face when Hutchinson & McNiel pounded him into the ground late in the game. He probably only has another year or so left in him before he starts turning into Terry Bradshaw.

3 Likes

Eh… Maybe. Not with our first-round pick, though. Obviously, Stafford’s getting older (we all are, every second haha), but I don’t think this QB draft class is as good as everybody’s saying. If Penix is there when the Rams are picking, maybe him. Jayden Daniels, maybe (but he won’t be there). Definitely not JJ McCarthy in the first round (no offense haha) and not Bo Nix, either.

The only QB I’d draft in the first round this year is Drake Maye. Caleb Williams has “bust” written all over him, no idea why people are freaking out over him. I watched most of his games the past two years at USC and he’s straight-up not a very good QB. He can throw the ball, but he can’t find open receivers at all.

4 Likes

They gotta find someone good but from a smaller school (or coming off a major injury) who won’t command a 1st round pick. Not sure who that might be in this draft yet.

Hooker would have been a 1st round pick if he hadn’t torn his acl, but instead the Lions got him for a steal. I expect to see more out of him next season, possibly using a QB rotation like the Saints have done.

Stupidest hot take I’ve seen this week had the Lions taking McCarthy in the 1st round at #28. Because the Lions don’t have a relatively young QB waiting in the wings, apparently. And because they don’t have other needs, like CB/SS that could be better helped by a pick somewhere between #24 and #32.

3 Likes

Haha, I haven’t seen that particular mock draft, but I do read those things, even though they always write the stupidest stuff. McCarthy to the Lions (or anywhere in the first round, really) sounds pretty unrealistic. If he was so good, why did Michigan only throw the ball ten times a game? Haha. He’s a second-rounder at best. And how many second-round QB’s have actually gone on to be legit starters? Drew Brees, I guess. Andy Dalton? Haha. There’s probably been a few others.

I mean, even if y’all hadn’t drafted Hendon Hooker last year, Goff looks pretty dang good. I don’t see any reason to not resign him and move forward with him as the starter for the next five or six years, unless Hooker or another QB on the roster looks better.

Rolling with Goff and improving the D sounds like a better plan than drafting JJ McCarthy haha.

2 Likes

Not sure about 2nd rounders…but Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Just sayin. Statistically speaking more first round QBs end up being busts than end up being long term starting QBs.

But that’s the thing. Goff is expensive already (thanks to his former team) and resigning him is gonna get more expensive due to his current team’s success. As long as his agent agrees to a team friendly deal, I’m all for it. Like sign him for another 5 years and make the contract back loaded and incentive based.

I like the idea of going with a QB rotation with him and Hooker, especially because Hooker has legs. RPOs become an additional threat when the QB can run too. But what do I know?

3 Likes

Well, sure. And Joe Montana was a third-round pick. So was Chris Simms haha. My point was really just that if you have a second-round grade on a QB, he’s probably not that good. Dak was a fourth-round pick, Brock Purdy was the last guy drafted, Tony Romo wasn’t even drafted, Russell Wilson was a third-rounder… Nobody knows anything haha.

Resigning him is gonna get more expensive because that’s just the nature of QB contracts. Daniel Jones got 40 million per, even though EVERYBODY knew he’s not worth that much money. I suspect that Goff will sign a team-friendly contract just because he knows that he wouldn’t be better on another team.

I’d front-load it actually, the same way Daniel Jones’ contract is. Pay him now, before you have to pay actual stalwarts on the team, like Hutchinson, Brian Branch, McNeil etc. Those guys are gonna command big contracts when their rookie ones run out. Better to pay Goff his bonus over the course of the next two years and see if Hendon actually becomes a legit starting QB and before you have to pay the actual good players haha.

4 Likes

Welp. The bodhi thread here has pretty much turned into the bodhi thread at RIU. Was nice while it lasted, I guess.

10 Likes

B thread on RIU has been fine - just very slow and inactive. I think in the winter months even less people are growing than usual and when someone says something that may affect the value of the seeds in their fridge they get uncomfortable. I know none of my remaining SL beans will throw nanners while sitting in the fridge at least.

9 Likes

I’ve never really checked out the Bodhi thread on RIU, except for information about a specific hybrid, never “hung out” on that site, but that’s funny.

Haha, good point, I didn’t even think of that.

Did something happen since yesterday? I haven’t looked at the thread here today yet.

Edit: never mind, I just saw that there are 49 new posts there, so obviously something happened haha.

6 Likes

Nothing new really since last night :sweat_smile:
More reiteration on what we were talkin about

2 Likes

Okay. I was like,”Fuck, I hope it’s not about something I said. Again…” haha. Didn’t really feel like going on that thread and having to “defend” myself haha.

6 Likes

lol yeah not at all ^^
Just the few of us going back and saying we weren’t trying to bash bodhi or anything.
Still found and continue to find great plants and whatnot. Just pointing out the particulars :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Because someone installed a bright neon sign at RIU pointing here a while back. Why all the riff raff is here instead of there now.

Nah still just a few people making blanket statements about wide swaths of Bodhi seeds & males, trying to paint themselves as master growers of all things and painting their opinions/personal theories as immutable facts.

Ffs, I had one Superstitious herm on me after having a fan fall on it, a bright slit of sunlight in the tent during lights out, and overwatering issues. The plant next to it was fine. Seems like I should say all seeds using the snow lotus male are shit too, right? Except that I had another Superstitious and 2 Solo’s Stash in the same tent that didn’t herm. So that throws out the “all plants using snow lotus male will herm” thought right there.

8 Likes

It’s why I’m really cautious about posting any negative anecdotes there. People can get pretty emotional there and it seems difficult for them to parse information dumps or critical reviews. Also seems like a lot of people are just waiting for something to be offended about or for an opportunity to white knight. Even if the poster adds disclaimers and explains their perspective to assist the reader.

I’ve pretty much only germinated seeds from Bodhi since 2015 and have seen a fair share of nanners (zero “full blown herms”). Also when you consider the genetics in a lot of these crosses it’s not really a surprise. A lot that you would expect to have some intersex issues had none as well. My grow area with cold temps in the winter, hot temps in the summer, extreme dryouts, rootbound plants and occasional light interruptions seems pretty decent at testing stability.

Haha fair enough. The free seed craze has seemed to burn itself out here at least for the most part.

12 Likes

Yeah this. Like pointing out to Karma Genetics that whole packs of headbangers and sowahh hermed. Every single plant. Wanna know the answer? “Sour diesel is known to herm so you should’ve expected it.” “Pick the balls off, its fine”

8 Likes

Well I grew out a pack of X and didn’t see any herms so you must be a terrible grower with a hidden agenda. I’ll continue to shame and berate you on a public forum so others may think twice about posting any negative experiences. → Also I don’t see anyone else posting issues with that cross. Nice loop there haha.

I get why it was done in the past. Instability reports could really tarnish a breeders reputation during the era where breeders only had a handful of crosses that they dumped a lot of time into. Add GG4 , GSC , OGS and all that to the mix and you’d have to be at least a bit naive to think you won’t see at least a few plants freak out in stressful grow areas.

10 Likes