Bog Seeds Availability Info

Hahaha! That’s what I figured!

2 Likes

Day 24 Flower on these 6 Bog Bubbles. Decided to delay a pollination run, still have another pack and would rather be more selective on choosing a male, but everything has been cloned and rooted!

Excited to see how these develop, it’s been so long since I’ve had Bog Bubble! Merry belated Christmas!

23 Likes

I have a friend that grew bog bubble about 6 years ago , grew some 4 years ago .
He said that it wasn’t the same , older was better .
Take the timeline and results with a grain of salt , I didn’t see any of it so consider it hearsay .

4 Likes

I grew Bog Bubble once 16 years ago, and another time 6 years ago, so I will have that to compare it to. So far the plant structure and the odors (thus far) are on par. Hoping the smoke will be as well

6 Likes

The more I read the wider my eyes got. Point proven @Tonygreen

5 Likes

Here you go,

3 Likes

BOG jr was on Adam Dunn’s show last night with James Bean. It was a great interview and everything is definitely legit. While the original moms are gone he has the secret stash and looks forward to making more seeds in the future.

Listen for yourself….

They even talked about a BOG Duke Diamond Collab in the future.

7 Likes

@PCC5rivers

4 Likes

Hell yeah. That’s what I’m talkin about, thanks for sharing this!

3 Likes

Now I’m curious about y they’ve only been dropping the same strains LoL but seriously it’s just a bummer to read that Sour LSD and the Big one BOGGLEGUM are listed as being retired and I have 5 ot 6 Bogglegum from original stock so I might have to wait and see because I don’t know if I am comfortable doing an open pollination run yet but it’d be nice to see if anyone else is interested in preserving them, especially if they’re retired. And now it’s hopefully time to see some BMR, Blue Kush, Bogglegum & Sour Strawberry ! But thanks for sharing and making the Community aware of the podcast very much appreciated @Cyr_grow and HAPPY NEW YEAR

8 Likes

I ordered direct about 2 or 3 months before BOG passed and the menu he sent for what was available pretty much matches up exactly with what’s been dropping at SHN.

Blue Moon Rocks…OUT

Blue Kush

BOG Bubble

Bogglegum

LSD

LifeSaver

LifeStar…OUT

Sour Boggle

Sour Bubble

Sour Grape

Sour LSD…OUT

Sour LifeSaver

Sour Strawberry

Sour BluTooth NEW

Sweet Cindy

Sweet & Sour Cindy….OUT

I believe there had been a couple packs of BoggleGum dropped and a couple Lifestar maybe one or two Sour Cindy but I haven’t seen any drops of BMR or Sour LSD. I think I saw a single pack of Sour LSD sell in the SHN auctions fairly recently, otherwise the majority of the drops seem to correspond with what BOG had available just a few months before he passed. Also, when comparing seeds ordered direct from BOG with seeds ordered from SHN more recently, they pass the eye test as being BOG made and more specifically pass the eye test when held up and compared to packs sent by BOG himself of the same varieties just a couple months prior. I’ve said it before and I say it again, these are likely the last seeds made by BOG and should be treasured. Surely everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I’m looking forward to seeing what Jr. does with the lines and I’m hopeful for the future of BOG genetics. Much love

12 Likes

At this point, BMR is the most elusive of the BOG strains. The pack I bought in 2020 had 0% germination. The second pack sent to @DougDawson had 1 that germinated, and I’m not sure if he’s received any more since then. He had to move on to other projects.

The Bogglegum I tested a couple of years ago was an excellent plant. It had a sort of spicy, funky flavor with a hint of real bubblegum on the backside. The buds almost tasted like mildewy bubblegum. No, the buds did not mildew, it just tasted like that. It was really strange, but I liked it. My occasional-smoker friend said it was a super clear high and he raved about it. I’m glad I have more in that pack.

I kept a Sour Blutooth running for 3 years because it had a nice, sorta gassy blueberry flavor. The only downside is the buds grew so thick and huge outdoors they developed mold when we got hit with two weeks of rain and freezing temperatures at the very tail end of the season. The high had the usual good pleasing qualities from other BOG strains.

16 Likes

Those that are holding packs of BMR should probably run them to determine if germ rates are better than 0 -10%.

6 Likes

fwiw -->bmr
I had subpar results from my pack purchased before he passed. i didnt care, and still dont. cant win’em all.
may even have a few more in the kitty, will have to look.

2 Likes

I have a few in the mail on the way and one plant in my tent. Going to keep it in veg and cross my fingers the new seeds germ. Now more then ever these need to be F2’d to preserve this strain. I am hoping to find some more before the run starts but it’s getting more and more difficult.

13 Likes

These are available at the present time. Just got mine in today.

13 Likes

Man I’ve had a heck of a time getting any of these new packs to germ. Seems like the stuff on SHN is definitely some older, and questionably viable, stock.

8 Likes

100%, I was only able to get 8 seeds to germinate from 2 full packs.

Just flowered them out and it definitely appears that a different male/female was used in breeding these seeds. Structure wise they seemed similar, but none of them had the big broad dinosaur leafs that I remember from BOG, and the smoke on all of them was different from what I remember of Bog Bubble.

Going to try popping some of @Cyr_grow open pollination seeds, I think I’ll have a lot better luck on those!

13 Likes

Mi primer mensaje aquí. Buenas a todos. Recientemente compré unas sourbubble en Shn; por fin despues de años de búsqueda; la probe en 2008. Hasta hoy no había entrado aquí; o rara vez. Llevo cultivando desde 2003.
El ratio de germinacion fue 11 de 13. Bastante bueno. La tasa de hembras no tanto…3 hembras, 8 machos, ya sabia que era dificil encontras a buenas damas.
Ellas y morfogicamente iguales; menos una mas ramificada.
Ellos todos iguales menos dos. Uno salió atrofiado con solo una hoja, pero un nudo. Se corto y la reacción fue buena salió como el resto.
Y mi keeper de hojas largas, finas y internudos largos.
Antes de toda esta compra me empape en el ic, de los103 páginas de post. Vi también a tg, a Phoenix, pureknowledge. Pero sobre todo de Bog.
Yo no puedo decir nada hasta que corte; pruebe y sepa a mi cepa cultivada en los 00 desde que perdimos el clon en España, estuve buscando semillas hasta que di con shn.
Hoy he comprado los dos últimos paquetes que tenían.

3 Likes

Bienvenido a OG. Encantado de conocerlo. Soy un gran fan de Sour Bubble. Es una de mis cepas favoritas.

3 Likes