BOO (Bag Of Oranges) reproduction

Just thought about that, but one thing that can really help to add a layer of protection against scammers is the public message acknowledging and thanking for seeds that has been received.

I mean, looking 10 sec at @DougDawson giveaway threads convince anyone he isn’t a scammer :laughing:

So that’s useful to have that kind of public feedbacks. If someone doesn’t have much of such messages but hunts for a lot of seeds…

Morality: always ask for a public message upon reception (if possible), and always post one if you receive seeds (that’s the basic anyway).

11 Likes

I agree with the 10 seconds of research point but I don’t like the idea of a public shout out all the time. I’m not sure why, and I’m not opposed to it, but I just feel that private transactions should remain private.

Also when I get shout outs it’s often followed by unsolicited requests for seeds which I don’t like.

29 Likes

Fair point, I do not send much so have no idea of that kind of consequences.

Didn’t mean everything should always be public neither :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s against the ToS but if it’s somebody I know DMing me then it doesn’t bother me and I’m happy to oblige it’s when people with zero rep see that I give out seeds that it gets annoying.

15 Likes

Yeah I never ask in DM anything to anyone I don’t have a connection with already. Otherwise that’s just annoying people.

3 Likes

Your giving out seeds. Gimme. Gimme gimme. Oh wait I got some, that is why I stopped by this thread. Thanks @wizdom , again.

17 Likes

“fold my poster tiny hamster” was my take

6 Likes

Has anyone grown theirs out yet??

2 Likes

If you are talking about the seeds recovered by Wizdom, there hasn’t been enough time to get them out of the seedling stage.

4 Likes

Oh okay so literally none had gone out prior to this “saving grace” so to speak . . .? Got it. Wasn’t sure

2 Likes

Gotta say this is beautiful artwork. @Soiltech great illustration and design!

13 Likes

I appreciate that.

That is unfortunately a definite byproduct of those callouts. I get many of those PMs, quite a few with the “this is the first time such and such has posted, let’s welcome them” message above their post. Most of those folks tend to dissappear quickly which is a good thing. Never got the idea of walking into a room with a stranger and having your hand out.

24 Likes

Gimme all your seeds!

11 Likes

Gimme that booze, ya pumpkin pie headed freak!

8 Likes

That’s very mean!

5 Likes

I get DM’s often and I’m not a vocal as @DougDawson or @Foreigner .
I can’t imagine…
If I haven’t had previously interacted with you and your just asking for seeds… chances are nope! But if I’ve had interacted with you what I have I give freely !

22 Likes

That’s @Soiltech. Love it too!

You were the obvious and easy example :slight_smile:

I don’t think we’ve met already… :wink:

5 Likes

I just ignore them but it is annoying. I also tend to do giveaways in dark alleys, not the free seeds thread because that thread brings out the element in question.

14 Likes

Do you have a long trench coat as well?

5 Likes

You may have anything I’ve made that tickles your fancy.

4 Likes