BOO (Bag Of Oranges) reproduction

I hear ya @JustANobody. I lost straight $$ to TST and others promising giveaways, etc, in the last 8+ months. Good nature gets taken advantage of again I’m afraid. @Northern_Loki I’m not certain what to say but I felt compelled to say something. I’ve written off the loss but it’s still a gut punch and makes my heart hurt for these people. I wish them well as I don’t know the specifics of their situations…it’s just sad :frowning_face:. I believe 99%+ of OGers are happy to be a part of a pretty dang cool community of like-minded folks and would help others out in times of need…just sucks to get taken advantage of. :green_heart: Have a great day everyone of OG. Sending positive energy and good vibes to all.

Regards, -j

35 Likes

This is disappointing to say the least!

9 Likes

Lost a little bit money… again lol Where there’s planing, there’s chipping I guess.

Next time I’ll go with my gut feeling again.

Some people…

16 Likes

I sent him 300$ to help buy the chem Jones seeds and the 5x5 tent was from me too.

:man_shrugging:

41 Likes

Didn’t know about that one. Related to this?

10 Likes

Yes. That’d be another one due for a seed increase… unfortunately projects kept piling up.

I don’t think thr chemmy jones involved more ppl tho

11 Likes

“Projects”, promises, and good intentions.

14 Likes

I sent him $45 to help out with shipping. If he’s scamming us, I’m really surprised, but I guess you have to consider the evidence. It sucks, but I sent what I could, with the knowledge that this was a possibility. So I don’t really feel like I lost much.

I guess I’ll have to calibrate my bullshit meter because I still don’t believe it.

18 Likes

There is a pretty good number of people he screwed over, I’d guess more will be sharing as they wake up and have time to come online. @Northern_Loki has been looking into this for a few weeks, it’s not a knee jerk reaction.

13 Likes

Wow, who would have guessed all this !

26 Likes

I also sent a donation to TST not a large amount but still doesn’t feel good to be scammed

9 Likes

For the record, I recieved beans from TST that where not part of a trade or giveaway, just a thank you for beans I had sent. I always got the feeling he was collecting for someone else (his “mentor”) . There use to be a couple brick and mortor seed banks based out of Niagara Falls that I’ve dealt with in the past and I’ve got a gut feeling that he was providing, perhaps selling to them. Maybe supporting a habit? It’s a shame , whatever the reason, that he took advantage of folks good faith.

33 Likes

I lost some nice packs of seeds
Who knows what I got in return now ffs

13 Likes

this is a sad day i was just starting to get trusting now im paranoid again

10 Likes

Strange how a speck of dirt will ruin a whole cup of water eh?

Man this is all so crazy!!! I’d never had guessed bro…

10 Likes

In hindsight, based on his behavior, language used and personal information he’s posted here over years, the context seems to point that he’s battling some kind of health/mental/financial/substance issues. Common these days sad to say.

(edited to sound less judgemental)

20 Likes

Sad stories in public are big red flags
Hussle imminent

22 Likes

There’s a fair amount of sharks in the water at the moment. I’ve been impressed by Loki and mods knowing what’s going on behind the scenes but at the end of the day discernment is going to be key. Everything that glitters isn’t gold, and everyone regurgitating information from old forum posts isn’t a stand up guy or even a great grower. Not specifically towards top, his case feels a bit more peculiar.

18 Likes

I’ve been in construction for 30 +yrs and have seen and had to deal with employees who turned out to be hard drug addicts on many occasions. I have also, tragically, lost a step daughter to the crisis so I’m keenly aware of the tell tale signs and behaviors.

18 Likes

or when you get the coffee grains in your throat and the cup is full

4 Likes