Bow4Buck and The Learning Curve

Pretty shot of the Zkittlez after some defol. These are going to be special i think, at least in looks.

22 Likes

Just stopping by to wish all you old crotchety sumbichz a Happy Father’s day. May it be a beautifully high day.

4 Likes

In watering the Zkittlez ladies tonight.

Just starting to frost up a lol bit

17 Likes

Thought I’d throw up a few pics before heading out this morning.
The new auto room has had its issues so far. Couple of them are looking like I want at this point and a few that are just determined to be autos.

20210629_084726

The 2 tallest were crowding the lights. Being stubborn i didnt want to raise the lights farther from the shorties. Paid the price, started to burn them up. They are moved into a tent curently with their own light running 80% now to give em a break.

BAC and RNTZ not liking something. Havnt had issues popping beans in some time and these don’t want to cooperate. 1 of 3 Bac sprouted and doing fine. Another I thought sprouted, could see the seed hull at the surface but after a couple days.no improvement. Went looking and found it was just the seed hull laying on the coco. No plant to be seen. Left it to see what happens. The 2 runtz that popped just started to die. Thinking of keeping the one BAC and just pulling the rest. I have other stuff I can run Zkittlez looking better. Started getting some deficiency but could have been caused by me. Ditched the jacks right at flip and started them on Maxi series for flower. I flushed before the nute change and thats about when the problem started to show up. Been a few feedings and they are looking better. Also adjusted ph from 5.8 to 6.1, see if we can get them what they want.

I’ll get some outdoor pics tonight or in the am.

20 Likes

Not much to update things are just chugging along kinda.

Only 3 plants inside are the Zkittlez. Started showing magnesium deficiency and then potassium as well. Ran ph water only to get good run off, check ppm 2900+ in every pot. Ok, I’ve got lock out but why? Figured ph must be way off. Between 3 pots in coco 5.8-6.1 ph not off at all. Narrowed it down to two things both have been corrected. 1. Over feeding, simply giving the plants more than they need, so cutting back on feed schedule. 2. Switched nutes a friend recommended and has had great success with. Get the nutes, first bag xteaspoons per gallon in, next up x amount of ml per gallon in, OH dont forget the calmag 2-5 ml per gallon we’ll go 5 in flower to make sure they get what they need. After I started getting the problems looked closer at the bag. Right there in plain text “calmag already added”. Think I caused the plants to OD on calmag.

The auto room, getting sprayed today, seeing signs of leaf minners but all looking pretty good for where they are.
Kinda forgot the wife has her first plants going. Sour diesel and bubblegum autos.
Couple plants I’ve got outside. They went out a bit late but starting to see new growth daily.

18 Likes

A little learning about lockout for me :grin: Really impressed with how these plants can turn around.

Got myself in a bind and not sure what caused lockout. Vegged with jacks 321 switched to maxi bloom and Kool bloom at flip. Started showing deficiency fast.

Flushed with sledgehammer at 6.0 ph 15 gallons per each 7gal pot took ppm from 2900+ to 370. Waited one day and fed again half suggested dose of nutes ph 6.2 ppm around 600.

Only been 2-3 days and every cola has grown a couple extra inches. With my best guess everything above the red lines grew in the last couple days. Nice unexpected come back.

15 Likes

Oh its going to be a glorious day. Hope all are alive and kickin. Enjoy today, it will be gone tomorrow.

10 Likes

Completely off topic but we love our pets. We been looking and waiting for our new baby. He can come home Thursday :grin::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

That pic looks like your getting ready to have " my kinda pic-nic "

2 Likes

That was breakfast, trying to figure out dinner now…:grin:

1 Like

Figured we throw up a few pics today and see whats going on.

WW autos just simply suck as nice as I can say it. No growth, very squatty, just think they are the worst I’ve ever grown. Would think I did something wrong but gave one to a very awesome Gardner having the same issue.

She is starting to flower and all of it looks odd to me. The new growth seems to be on one side of the stems in places, hug twisted, curled calyx. One pic look at the foreground, whats the large growth, looks split and new growth on the top of it?? Been a very strange plant
20210724_113109
Strawberry cough

Chemgawg

Aps in space

Runtz

Cherry cake

Mystery bag seed but fem

Hmmm think I need to go back and get a couple more pics. I know there are 9 photo period out there but I’m only counting 6 here.

11 Likes

I tried some ilgm WW’s auto , They sucked big time ! They were short as heck & only produced about 2 oz’s each , was a waist of grow space for me . I really hope yours grow out of it , I let mine go 107 days till chop

Don’t think these will grow out of it. Nice thought but I doubt it. :grin:

Water and leaf plucking in the autos today. Please be advised, all issues seen on these plants are from under watering. The upstairs gets so hot in this old house have to keep the ac cranked in there. Pots dry super fast with fans and 40% rh.
2x2 tent
Looks like the 3 montercrops finally starting to take. New pistols and some new baby leaves on 2 and the 3rd put out a new node right at soil level.
Solo cups are 4x far right GDP to be pollinated by the ppp, the others will be the next photo run after the room gets reset. Had some seedlings die could be from the low humidity but they have been replaced. Super Skunk, bad azz cookies, GSCX and added a couple carmalicious.

3x4 tent just holding the atomic and a Durban Sunrise that got to tall for my lights on the other autos.

Under the hps looks like a couple winners and a couple turds. @twenty20 Would really like to know more on these freebie DLT I got from @automatik. If they smoke good, they are a pleasure to grow and looking good at the moment
Another atomic

Ann a Whiskey Zulu nug frosting up

15 Likes

Lookin good , what’s your thoughts on the Atomic ? Is it stavia or indica <

I like the looks of it anyway

1 Like

Both looking sativa, longer slender leaves and definitely sativa structure with the more lanky wide node spacing. The one in the tent seems to be pushing a bit harder then the other. Interesting for me to see this, LED .vs HPS maybe I do t know.

One Zkittlez down this morning. Colas got some weight to them. 2 more left to chop.

Even the mids and lowers looking good on these.

12 Likes

So disappointed in each grow as far a weight or am I expecting to much??.

Two plants dried and curing. 311g after dry. Seems kinda weak to me what say you. I am happy to announce however, since my first grow, quality is off the charts now but weight always seems to be light to me.

21g already been removed.

Couple of those tops that grew out after the flush.

13 Likes

2 plants 3/4 lb indoors isnt bad

5 Likes

I’m happy with 2 zips per plant, and anything extra is just a bonus.

4 Likes