Brazilian Ganja Indoor Cultivation - Space's Living No-Till Diary #2

Hi guys, how are you? :cowboy_hat_face: :brazil:

9 days went by without me doing anything, basically. I did some training here and there and I’m trying to spread the girls around with the nets. I would like to flower them right away, the first tent I believe could now flower, however, as all tents are in the same room, for reasons of logistics and ease, I prefer to flower all at the same time. So I should give 1 or 2 more weeks at most for the others to grow a little more and I will change the photoperiod.

Some will flower even small, after all, the plants I germinated have different growth times and different structures as well, but there is no problem with that.

It’s been 9 days that I haven’t watered them, I’ll water them later today and tomorrow I’ll update the diary again, I feel that after watering they always look better hahaha.

First tent:

It’s already a great size, I’m loving the plants that are here.

Second tent:

This tent also has great plants, I feel I managed to spread it well, but the bottom and top of the left side have some plants that got stuck (they were clones of a mother that was not so healthy) and didn’t fill so well

Third tent:

I felt rapid growth in this tent compared to last week. I also felt they are greener, they are filling in well, I think one more week and I will be ready to change the photoperiod.

Mothers/clones/fathers room:

Here there were some really ugly clones last few weeks, today they’re all pretty green. I will be taking out some clones in a few weeks and soon I will organize my scheme to make the crosses.

Carmelita male:

The biggest plant in this room is a male Carmelita . It has a beautiful structure, grows very well (without stretching too much), has a great internodal space and giant fan leaves. I’m in love with him, not to mention that he’s giving off a very strong marijuana smell. It is already full of balls but the photoperiod is still in 18/6, but he is already old, I think he must have about 50 days around.

Adding a little more of what I’ve been thinking lately:

Basically my plan is going to be to breed my two favorite Carmelita males with all 4 Carmelita females I have, a Guicy Banger (almost a cousin of the carmelita, same breeder) female and a phaya nagga (why not?its already there, right :rofl:)

• Carmelita »»» [Cream D’ Mint]) x [Grease Monkey]

• Cream D’ Mint »»» [Cookies and Cream] x [Mint Chocolate Chip]

• Guicy Banger »»» [The Guice]x [Mint Chocolate Chip]

I want to have saved these genetics in seed form and also have a Carmelite F2 to look for better mothers and better plants overall. Even though I haven’t actually smoked, I still think I can save some time doing this.

As for how I’m going to do this, it’s basically going to be all in an
box, with a charcoal filter attached to an exhaust fan and a sealed passive air intake. Soon when assembling the structure again post here. This will be my first time messing around with males and seeds so I’m very excited.

7 Likes

The plants are very well, giving a little praise. Tent one looks beautiful! With a nice green, they all are actually, but from the photos they look better.

The quantum board on tent 1 uses 6500K chips only, so it’s a bluer light, it looks better in the pictures, while tent 2 and tent 3 is a mix of 3000K and 3500K.So they look a little yellower than in real life

Tent 1:

Tent 2:

Tent 3:

Sorry for the bad pic

VPD is looking nice for veg.

6 Likes

Hello guys ! :cowboy_hat_face:
I have just taken some clones from the girls, I intend to change the photoperiod on Sunday and clean the lower branches, remove the descennessary leaves that are covering branches and tops.

I didn’t take many clones, maybe on Sunday during the cleaning I’ll take some more. Some plants were a little small so there are some small clones, but hopefully they root too.

I use 6500ppm indolebutyric acid as a root growth stimulator, I like to mix it with a little water until it turns into a paste, I feel it sticks and they absorb better than using only the powder. I don’t know :rofl:

Always before cloning I clean all the table, the cloning cabin and all the stuff too, I think it’s the most important part of growing and it’s usually overlooked. Anyway, in a few days I hope to have some good results to show.

As lighting I just use this normal 40W 6500K house lamp, it always works well.

7 Likes

Good Saturday guys!
Today I did a defoliation here on the girls, I took about 20 more clones, the same way.

Below are some photos from today’s adventure:

I also decided to take some clones of my favorite male as I’m thinking about keeping him, it might be good for the future. The male clones (which also have a lot of balls) I left in a separate place.

In fact, he’s already shedding some pollen, even before 12/12, I think because he’s too old. So I’m already taking some precautions when going from one growroom to another. Tomorrow is the big day, I will change the photoperiod, I was going to change it today, but as I took a lot of leaves and branches I decided to give the girls a day of rest.

They should be stretching a lot soon. I’ve been wondering a lot about using the 11/13 photoperiod. What are your thoughts on it?

6 Likes

Hey man , wasup.
Nice garden.
This no till are going good.
It will be a good opportunity to turn the photoperiod.
Best regards
@berzerkl

2 Likes

Electricity bill savings, shorter flowering period and maybe less harvest, better read the whole thread:

Seems you’ve got everything under control, nice looking plants … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

What are the natural daylight hours presently in Brasil, 11 hours?

I don’t have anything more factual than the topic on light cycles, but 11/13 seems like a natural choice.

2 Likes

So I’m 22° south latitude and 43° west longitude
I’m not very experienced with this sort of thing, but as far as I know here we always have less than 13 hours of day light and always above 10:45 hours a day.

January (summer): 12:15 hours
February (summer): 12 hours
March (summer): 12:15 hours
April (Autumn): 11:30 hours
May (Autumn): 11 hours
June (Autumn): 10:30 hours
July (Winter): 10:45 hours
August (Winter): 11:15 hours
September (Spring): 12 hours
October (Spring): 12 hours
November (Spring): 12:30 hours
December (summer): 12:15 hours

4 Likes

Very busy day here

Just build mine DIY Male Isolation Chamber. It is a little tight there :rofl:
It is a little messy right now, but I’m working on it.I just wanted to finish as soon as possible to avoid pollen in my entire house.

There’s a passive air intake with a AC Carbon filter on this 56L Box and a active air outake with a very big carbon filter

My main male is too big for this little cabin, possibly I’ll have to cut him well so he doesn’t get too tight. . I’m not so sorry I have to cut it a lot, as the females I intend to use to cross are still in the cloning stage (the clones I took), so until they root and grow enough to be ready to receive pollen, the male will have plenty of time to recover.

The light still goes well, I want to do a possible PPFD test, to compare the amount of light the plastic keeps from passing, but I believe it’s passing enough

My next males will also use a smaller pot, currently they are 1.2L but I think I should use something similar to 300 or 400mL in the next one, to prevent them from growing so much.

At the time of mating I intended to put the females in there too, but it seems like it got a little tight, or I’ll have to use very small plants.

My pots didn’t help me much either, I need more square pots.

Anyway, I’ll think about what to do in the meantime.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the info. I was looking for something like that. I’ll get a good read on it. :cowboy_hat_face: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Update on them
3 photos on each tent, 5 days on 12/12.

TENT 1

TENT 2

TENT 3

6 Likes

Wow!! Great job!! @space, you rock!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray: Congrats!! They are beautiful!!

2 Likes

They’re starting to smell. I think they’re prettier in real life hahahah.
I’m excited to watch they flower.

2 Likes

Beaultiful scrog.
This bed is incredible.
This is a good way to make it rain.
I aprreciate this plants.
What fertilizer you use?

I dont use any fertilizer.
All the macro and micro nutrients are on the Soil. I just use probiotcs and let the things work out alone. I use IMO, EM-1, Biosinphony, FAA, LAB’s and some others bacterias.and fungi. When this cycle is done I usualy top dress the soil with rock dust, neem meal and others amendments. Also organic aerated teas.

But no fertilizer.

3 Likes

Organic fertilizer i sayin , the organic chas and etc…
When i meet you i will show some.

1 Like

Oh, on organic teas
I always use something like this;
-vermicompost
-alfafa meal
-black molasses
-Fish hydrolised
-Humic acid
-probiotic bacteria and fungi (azos+mycorryza)

4 Likes

What mycorryza you use?

2 Likes

I have mykos from xtreme gardening and ‘‘biofértil’’ from ananda vida(brazilian brand), has a lot of good life

3 Likes

Good to know.
This xtreme sound good to me.
ananda too.

2 Likes