Brazilian Ganja Indoor Cultivation - Space's Living No-Till Diary #2

The clones are looking fine, some of them already have roots showing.

6 Likes

Hi guys, little update. I raised the leds today, I want them to stretch a little bit further, so I think the lower PPFD will help a little on that. There’s a lot of pistils already, they’re making new leaves and stretching kind of well. But I expect more stretching on this next 2-3 weeks. It will help me a lot on the watering part. They’re starting to have that good weed smell too. I loved it

8 days into flowering photoperiod:

-----> Tent 1

-----> Tent 2

-----> Tent 3

Some clones are already rooting, I will test to see if they’re ready to transplant tomorrow, I want to root them fast and start growing them. Some of those will be pregnant very soon. I dont want they to become bigger, so they can fit in my male chamber with the male on it.

6 Likes

When the clones have big roots, I usually ‘‘test’’ them to see if they’re ready for transplant. I like to call this test forgetfulness test, and it consists of leaving them outside of the dome for like 3/4 hours and see if they do not lower down. If they resist, they’re ready to go. I tested about 5 clones today and only 3 won. They already have big roots, so I put them on soil and watered them really well. Unfortunately this 3 clones are from the same plant, Peyote Critical, she’s a fast rooter I guess :face_with_monocle: :cowboy_hat_face:
Some pics down below:

5 Likes

Hey, the reason why would be in terms of leaving the clones out of the chamber? Giving them a shock instead of a gradual adaptation time? Thanks! Nice work!!! :hugs: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I usually spray the clone chamber on the first three or four days. Usually from there, I only spray them if they’re too much dry, so I think there’s some kind of gradual adaptation with lower humidity, but nothing fancy.
I had some clones on the past that were all good, really good roots, good leaves and I did not test them on the ‘‘real world’’ for so long, just half an hour, so a few hours after the transplant they became really ugly. So after this long period of testing, I feel like this doesnt happen anymore.Only the clones that are really ready to go.

4 Likes

So, The ppfd is sitting around on 250 at the corners and 300-400 on the middle. I will probably raise the PPFD next week. There’s too many cookies strains here so they dont stretch a lot so that was my plan with lowering the PPFD. But next week they will need more power to fully use the energy on making flowers.

I also installed the charcoal filter, usually I leave it uninstalled during the vegetative stage, as it doesn’t have much smell and prevents the filter from wearing out, it’s in the last photo. There was a funky smell in the room, but now you can’t feel anything anymore. It’s important for those who live in an apartment.

Going back to stretching, some actually stretched, others stretched very little or almost nothing. Carmelita’s genetics is the biggest example I have of this, she is very cookie, she didn’t respond very well to the toppings I made and it always took longer than necessary to recover and grow back. I really think it is a better genetics to do a SOG (sea of ​​green) without any kind of training, with only 1 main branch. In the next bed cultivation I will try to follow this way to see how it will grow and respond

-----> Tent 1
2 weeks ago:

now:

-----> Tent 2

2 weeks ago:

now:

-----> Tent 3
2 weeks ago:

now:

-----> Random pics

8 Likes

Today it’s been exactly 3 weeks since I made the change from photoperiod to flowering. I’m happy with the spread of most of the plants, some smaller ones really didn’t stretch as much (cookie genetics), but I think that lowering the PPFD helped a little in this regard.

The PPFD has been raised to an average of 500-600 today, they all have a lot of pistils already, some with very thick pistils, and I think they will like the PPFD raise. As they grow and get closer to the panel, the PPFD will rise a lot. The average PPFD at this current height is around 500-600 as I said above, but from about 30cm away the PPFD is around 900. I think they will continue to stretch for the next 2 weeks and will pick up more light as they grow .

The temperature is perfect for flowering, ranging from 77F to 68F. The humidity that is slightly worrying me, by day is getting around 48% and at night 58%. Anyway, I’ll keep an eye out, all I least want to have at the moment is some fungus on the buds.

The plants smell great, now with the charcoal filter turned on it’s even difficult to smell them, but getting close or passing your hand you can feel an interesting, sweet smell. Some are already starting to produce lot of resins, I’m excited to see what happens.

Maybe this next week I’ll make an aerated humus tea with insect frass, I think it’s very good for flowering. In addition, only keeping the weekly waterings with pure water. No problem. The clones and mothers are fine, today I will transplant the rest of the clones and I believe that soon the crosses of the Carmelites will roll.

->TENT 1

->TENT 2

->TENT 3

->Random pics

6 Likes

Wow! They’re moving along!! Congrats!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Updating you guys:

Lots of things happening this last week.Two plants hermed, just a one or two branches, but these 2 plants were very slow, so I preferred to kill them. As I’m a very curious guy, I decided to look at the roots, and the following is what I found:

I did a video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDcvWRXwiE

Anyways, I think they’re root aphids, idk. I want to thanks @PlantShepherd for helping in the solution. I haven’t seen any on the plant stems and no flyers either, I think it’s in a very controllable initial state.

, I watered about 5 days ago, medium volume (5L in each bed) with met52 and beauveria.

Yesterday I watered more (the plants asked for water, they’re flowering) with a Brazilian product that I have (composition: beauveria, met52, Isaria,
Nomuraea, humic acids, fulvic and seaweed) A very complete product that I came across on the internet. Living in an agro country has some advantages, we have many products here. Anyway, I’m analyzing the plants daily, especially the holes with the roots of the 2 plants that I killed because they herm.

Today I found some Roots aphids standing there, not moving, I looked closely and concluded that they were dead, in both holes, I believe the treatment is already starting to work. I’m much less scared, I confess. I’ll keep the treatment going for the next few weeks and update you.

The plants are still doing well, I’m finding the growth a little slow compared to the last few runs and maybe I’ve found the reason. As you can see in the photos:

I’m not a good photographer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Soon I’ll remove some old leaves that don’t get any more light

5 Likes

temperature and humidity are fine, 68-74F/20C 48%-55%
ac is on to reduce humity

4 Likes

That was a wise move … Arriba|nullxnull

2 Likes

Hello everyone, everything good? I hope you have a good weekend. :cowboy_hat_face: :brazil:

So some news, some anxiety crisis and some good news (I think):

Anyway, I removed the plants that hermated, I also killed two smaller ones that were kind of ugly and underdeveloped, my plan was to remove these more fragile ones that would probably be more difficult to recover, I was afraid they would be easier targets for more serious diseases because they are more fragile and with sore roots.

The plan was to try to save the healthiest.
So, I watered the tents a lot a few days ago and now I’m letting it dry well, today I’ll water the bigger beds again, it’s been 10 days since I watered. And the smaller bed I watered with 10L 4 days ago, as it was wetter I didn’t water it.

I’m getting to see some dead root aphids being colonized by fungi on plant stems, I’ve never seen them around there, here are pictures (I decided to post several because seeing these damn dead pleases me):

Also (unfortunately I didn’t take pictures as I was in a bit of a hurry) I decided to dig in the soil, I made a small hole to see at the bottom, not too close to the plants, but not too far away, I wanted to see some roots (without harming them ) and see the bottom of the beds. I saw a few live aphids in all of them(and I killed the ones that I saw), but I also saw dead aphids, some clearly colonized by the fungi and others just didn’t seem to move, maybe the fungi resulted in death but it hasn’t gotten to the point of producing mycelia yet.

Anyway, unfortunately, it’s not being my best cultivation, a few stones in the way, but the important thing is to learn from it and move on. I’m hopeful. Today I will again water the larger beds with the product that has the 4 concentrated endopathomological fungi, a little rock dust , neem meal and maybe a little liquid compost humus, as they are a little discolored and with some deficiences (maybe because the aphids sucked the roots). I’m going to water a good amount so the water reaches the bottom of the tent and try to control things down there too. Hope to bring you more good news soon, some photos:

6 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: Nice! Am wrong or the lights are about 70 to 80cm from them? Congrats!

1 Like

Hey guys, I wanted to bring you some good news, I even have one or the other, but unfortunately they are not the majority.

I don’t think what I have are root aphids, I think they are soil mealy bugs, because I don’t see any flyers and I believe root aphids have a flying last stage of life. Anyway, the solution for both is the same, pathogenic fungi, I’m even seeing several dead and covered with fungi, when I stir the soil I still see some alive, unfortunately, but I’ve seen some dead in the soil and colonized and this brings me some kind of satisfaction.

I think the mealy bugs problem is being resolved, however unfortunately it seems they asked for help too. And now I’m suffering the consequences of damage caused by them, root rot or some kind of wilting whatever.

Basically, all the smaller ones are gone, I managed to take pictures of it, it was very ugly and pictures of the root, you can see the black tip and a bit soft inside, rotted.

They will probably all die, they are not evolving, there are even some pretty ones, but I can already see some kind of wilting in them and I believe their time will come, if not today, next week or next.

I will probably lose all this plants, but I still have my clones and mothers (they’re looking fine and I’m already treating them with beauveria,met52 and the 2 others fungi). Anyway, shit happens. I noticed the problem too late and when I managed to start fixing the damage it was already done. The fungus takes time to colonize and also takes time to act on insects. I am seeing some improvement in the amount of root aphids that I think are alive but the damage has not been completely resolved and this will result in the loss of this crop.

It’s really sad when something like that happens, really. Guilt and failure taste bitter. The thought that I should have noticed before is really deafening.

Anyway, the plan now is to raise my head, I’ll kill the ones who can’t survive. And I’m already devising a strategy to care for and treat this soil for my next crop here. So if you guys have any tips I’m all ears.

8 Likes

Permission to follow >>> @space

Tamo junto mano

:green_heart: :call_me_hand: :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Of course my brother. You can follow and comment whenever you want.

:cowboy_hat_face: :blush:

3 Likes

Long time no see.
Yeah, it’s been a long time

Everyone needs a fresh start sometimes, and I’m no exception to that. I made mistakes and I’m paying for them, but I won’t face them in fear.

Instead of seeing my weak, small and maybe even some plants reach the end, I preferred to just start over. I think it was the smartest option, kill everything, clean and treat the soil and in the future see wonderful results like the ones I’ve had in the past.

So summing up what happened in the last few weeks. I killed everything. I treated the soil with water, neem oil, surfactant (I read on another forum that using neem oil with surfactant causes the oil to get stuck in the insects’ skin eventually leading to their death) and the famous entopathological fungi.

Things are looking pretty good around here, I literally don’t see any unwanted beings crawling around on my soil, everyone seems to have died over these weeks (I only see corpses and corpses being decomposed by fungus) and I’ve been looking at the soil a lot for long periods of time. The soil is pretty dominantly taken over by fungi, I think because it’s in high humidity and in total darkness during that time, so I think the bugs don’t stand a chance anymore.

I’m still not 100% sure of putting my clones on this soil, obviously I don’t want to lose everything again. So I decided to use some test plants, I have seeds from 3 companion plants, clover, alfalfa and another that I don’t remember, I used a little rock dust and neem meal on the top of soil, mixed with the seeds and watered ( with the fungi)

In a few days I will see how they will develop, and in a few weeks I will remove some of the soil to check the roots, see if they are developing well, if there is any unwanted being in any root, or something like that

wish me luck

7 Likes

You don’t need luck!
{Full disclosure… stoners ARE a superstitious lot :rofl:}
You have planning and preparation on your side and a good plan.
:sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes