Breeding Project: Acapulco Gold x Shoreline (Houston Cut) Bx3

Acapulco Gold
Flower Week 10 Day 5

2 Likes

Shoreline Bx1

3 Likes

Just arrived from Canada!

2 Likes

My Barney’s AG was anything but the classic sativa look. Was quite stout, leaves nowhere like long fingers, and finished well before one would assume it should take, due to its name. Good psychedelic smoke though.

3 Likes

When our friend @BadVoodoo will try to grow the Oldtimers Haze he will understand what I was triyin to explain him bout his Acapulco Gold; cos the real Acapulco Gold grows, flower n look more like a real Acapulco Gold must look…

3 Likes

Not to mention the new work being done with microdosing. I’m keenly interested in this as I’m no longer able (due to family of kids and me watching them all the time) to trip heavy like I’d like to, or loved to in the past.
But there is a lot of emerging anecdotal evidence (and a growing paper trail too) of this being able to alleviate and rewire the depressed and PTSD brain.

2 Likes

( I will translate…)

Si, tuviste el genotipo más indico y común de la AG de Barneys: a mi me recuerda al genotipo indico de Chocolope DNA.
Yo si seleccione un raro genotipo sativo entre varios paquetes regalados por BF: el propio Derry me dijo en Málaga que era lo mejor que había fumado salido de su catalogo… Sabor excelente a cóctel de frutas tropicales y potencia media muy social y alegre…
Pero el problema con la AG de Barneys es que de 10 semillas 2 dieron plantas como sativas textiles: sin casi resina ni psicoactividad, y sabor horrible…

Yeah, you had the most typical and common genotype of the Barneys AG: it reminds me of the genotype of Chocolope DNA. I did select a rare sativa genotype among several packages given by BF: Derry himself told me in Malaga that it was the best he had smoked out of his catalog … … Excellent taste of tropical fruit cocktail and very social and cheerful average power … But the problem with the Barneys AG is that of 10 seeds 2 gave plants like textile sativas: without almost resin or psychoactivity, and horrible taste

2 Likes

I would agree about OTHaze. I believe this is what it did (as pollen) to an A11 fem. Biggest, longest I’ve grown to date. Smooth, even as I picked it way early (was still just a rookie newb)

2 Likes

I already see what you mean. I apologize sincerely. I do have integrity, I promise you.

1 Like

I believe Barney’s Farm to be a legitimate backcross. They’ve been around since the early to mid ‘80s. AG faded out in ‘88-‘89. I think they probably hit a hashplant with it or vice versa and probably backcrossed and inbred. It wouldn’t make sense that everyone who was alive in the ‘60s and ‘70s knows what AG is and to have never gotten a single bagseed.

But you are right, this is not landrace Mexican Acapulco Gold.

1 Like

@MiG If you are feeling gracious and forgiving enough to do so, might you help me consider how to go about growing this 16-20 week Oldtimer’s Haze in a closet? Not sure whether to even veg her or not.

1 Like

Ace’s Purple Haze X Malawi

3 Likes

I know, I’m super excited! I’m even excited for the Bangi Haze, even though that one isn’t a real Haze.

Not sure what MiG will suggest… If you veg them from seed you could experience a 4 to 1 stretch. So a 12" plant could reach 4’ - 5’ before she stops stretching.

I’d suggest vegging until they are big enough to clone. Once the clones get roots transplant to nothing bigger than a 3 gal pot if you are in soil. Probably something smaller if you do hydro.

Put the clone right into flower and hopefully they will finish under 4’.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good idea. Thank you. If @MiG has anything else, I would still be glad to listen.

We’re all here for our own reasons. I’m simply asking understanding for mine. Some days are better than others for me, and I don’t mean to offend anyone. I’m sorry for my ignorance and attitude earlier. I certainly have enough enemies and don’t wish to make more. Any amends I can make, I desire to do so.

2 Likes

I smoked a wet popcorn bud with my girlfriend. Firstly, it’s dense and very sticky. I’m not going to comment on taste yet, but it’s definitely there behind the new plant. Mostly, I notice my visual field changing. I feel a sense of well-being, and a calm quasi-psychedelic headspace, I almost feel kind of wet or saturated. I am noticing visual disturbances; not outright hallucinations but pretty cool holographic border effects and a warm sensation in my limbs. Even wet, she burned well and left a full kind of smoke in my mouth. Very smooth at this point. Surprisingly potent for being neither dried nor cured yet.

1 Like

Ufff, @BadVoodoo: yare talkin with a “country outdoor’s man”, who never have growed indoor…
But I have readed to other OG’s people who have groweed indoor strains like Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica, or Purple HazeXMalawi, like an example: they’re the idoneus people in order to help ya… But ya need to start from begginnin with the floration light cicle (12-12) for sure

PD: Im seein’ that @ray comes to help ya: thats I was talkin bout…

2 Likes

No, Bangui Haze is CongoXNepal. It will be so much easier indoor n earlier than the Oldtimer’s Haze

2 Likes

By the way, @BadVoodoo, @JJonahJameson, @Viva_Mexico: finally I found the A.G. by B.F. “tropical coktail sative” geno that I found (only one; 7 like the geno explained by @JJonahJameson, 2 no psicoactivas like textil cannabis… ):

6 Likes

Muy bonita, hermano.