Breeding questions

Can you pollinate a flowering plant and pit it back in the flower tent ?? If so how do you go about it im eager to learn !!!

3 Likes

You can but it’s best to have a separate area. You will be guaranteed to find a few beans in every other plant. It’s impossible to keep the pollen contained to only that plant.
When I grow flowers in a room that has had pollen inside everything comes out mass sterilize all equipment, walls, floors, with a mild bleach and water solution.
You don’t have to do all that but I don’t want any cross contamination.

2 Likes

Sounds like alot of work

1 Like

I did this recently. Pollinated a branch in the shower. Put a trash bag over rest of the plant. Hosed off the pollinated branch after 4 hours. I don’t see any seeds at all on my sensi plant. Appears to have worked quite well.

5 Likes

Unnecessary work. Pollen isn’t viable for more than a few days unless it’s dried and frozen. A tent you pollinated in isn’t “contaminated” if you just wait a week. Water makes it deactivate faster. Simply spraying the tent down would be sufficient.

6 Likes

It can be, but if your just growing for you and don’t mind a couple random seeds here and there just go for it. Just take the mother out, pollenate her leave it’s sit for an hour or so, mist it down with water and stick it back in.

Lol what eagles009 said, I missed that post

Thanks. Everyone

2 Likes

My experience w this recently went well. I placed 4 plants that had been pollinated into my flower room w the rest of my sensi girls. I tried to be careful, meaning mainly I sprayed everyone w water anytime I had to go from pollen area to flower area (5X5tent) for at least a week or two.

I have a occilating fan that I kept running.

My (almost but not quite)sensi girls were harvested w each having exactly 3 or 4 fully developed seeds per plant. I was happy w that result.

The pollinated girls spent just 2 weeks in the flower tent and then they went outside to finish.

I have a breeding question too. If you have a bx strain and you make seeds w the offspring, what are the progeny considered?

Am I correnct in thinking that they would no longer be a bx, not having been crossed w an original parent?

Would they behave more like an F2?