Brees grow 1x Afghan choco reg, 1x Cinderevil auto

I hope this is in the right place! I’m waiting on new light to arrive, and want to try this volcano method on regular seeds that was suggested by one of you lovelies. I had given up on some regular seeds I had been given a long time ago because 6/6 were male. I found an Afghan/Chocolate with a perfect indention of the volcano. Sooo day 1, tossed “her” into an aerogarden pod.

37 Likes

It’s a creative way to germinate. I know we have another member who uses an aerogarden as well. My wife and I have one, but have never used it for cannabis. It germinates everything else we put in it to perfection though. Will check in from time-to-time to see how it’s going. Good luck to ya!:v:t2:

9 Likes

Ouch, 6/6 male. I still have yet to run any regs, but am about to start up 3. Good luck!

6 Likes

This is precisely why I have used it. So far 100% germination rate for me!! I mean… it works for literally EVERY other seed lol. When it sprouts I actually put it in a small soil pot and sitting under the aerogarden light until it’s ready for final home and the grow room.

10 Likes

Yes 6/6 haha. But this was shared with me, and I am giving it a go!! I had a pack of these Afghan/chocolate about 8. And only 2 had the obvious pits.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=picking+a+female+cannabis+seed++with+the+volcane+system&qpvt=picking+a+female+cannabis+seed++with+the+volcane+system&FORM=VDRE

4 Likes

Just so you know, picking female/male seeds apart is a myth.

10 Likes

It’s a falsifiable theory though!

7 Likes

That’s fine, just let me get pissed I go 7/7 male :stuck_out_tongue: let me dream haha.

11 Likes

I think if I get a male, I should probably just use it as a tool to get comfortable pollen grabbing.

7 Likes

That’s a good idea and you can preserve the pollen if you look up how.

4 Likes

You’ll get addicted. I just did my first pollen chuck and now I want to hit everything with everything. Do it and you’ll look back and think “damn I wish I let those males go and got the pollen!”.

12 Likes

You are most likely right, but luckily I didn’t know much about those strains. Basically I ran into an old veteran at the VA hospital. He asked if they were trying to shove pills down my throat for PTSD, I said yes… and he and his wife walked me out to their car, gave me a mixed bag of seeds they proudly had bred and a hand made pipe. It was all down/up hill from there. 6/6 males though, so I gave up and purchased autos. Want to try the gifted seeds again though, sentimental value!

11 Likes

i shouldnt say but i always get more females then males, i had a old 6 pack of subs JTR,just ran them in spring all 6 females, wanted seeds, maybe its what you want, like i wanted a male so i didnt get one.

3 Likes

I was blaming myself lol. Like omg did I do something wrong to cause this (after reading about hermies) !?? They were gorgeous healthy plants but very proudly boys, didn’t even consider being a girl.

6 Likes

no its natures way…

2 Likes

True hermies seem to only show within 15 days of 12/12. You can stress out a female plant and stop ethylene production to make male flowers. Also, some females can be stressed in veg to start flowering early. Stresses on the plant are definitely a bad trigger. Never seen a stress in veg that can produce males, though because the plant is XX, XY chromosome based.

6 Likes

More great intel, getting a much better understanding things than from my google searches :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re on to something… Its the juju… I would subscribe to this theory!!!

Its ALL your fault for wanting only females… See, the universe is dealing out some balance to you for not givin the males their due credit and seeing their worth!

2 Likes

So here’s my nutes, I mix with rain water. With my first grow, I only spritz with the worlds tiniest spray bottle, no nutes until I think they seem healthy and I start with a small dose, like every few days. I am also using fox farm ocean soil, it’s what I started with when I had JUST a fruit/veggie garden, and just sticking with what I’ve been impressed with. My lemons, limes, strawberries, melons, peppers, herbs, all love the stuff

8 Likes

Afghan/choco bean looking swole, after half day. We definitely going to have a baby.

14 Likes