Brothers Grimm Genetics

very cool :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

One of my new packs. I’ve wanted to grow this one for a bit

11 Likes

I love Brothers Grimm.

I put two of the papaya 99 in water 2 days ago and I have like four five of the other testers. Also picked up a pack of the Rosetta Stone. Can’t wait to try them, but they’re regular and I only do female seeds right now

5 Likes

I picked up a whole bunch of these as well

9 Likes

Excited about this one, want to make some crosses

8 Likes

Have a few of the Brothers Grimm strains flowering currently. Day 62 i think offhand. Pics can be found over on my thread for anyone interested: Whatnows world of wrestling with growing

2 Likes

Twinz on the papaya 99 which I just popped

3 Likes

My interactions with both Rick & Laura have been negative. I ordered some beans directly from their website, an error occurred on checkout but I was still charged for the seeds. It took over a week just to get an e-mail back so I had to dispute the charge with my bank. I’ll just put it this way their customer service leaves much to be desired, I was flabbergasted by the way they handled the whole situation I’ll just leave it at that because I’m not into trashing people. I’m new to this forum and I know people will probably doubt what I’m saying for that reason alone but I have zero reason to lie and have proof of documentation on the whole situation. For what it’s worth, all I’ll say is buy at your own risk.

1 Like

The original C99 is still one of the best strains I’ve seen grown to this day. I didn’t even have my own garden yet the first time I saw her grow in 2001. I was helping a buddy (the guy who got me started growing). He was running new packs of seeds every run, looking for something great. He tried the c99 on a whim and it was a game changer.

I’ll never forget that first harvest. He was running a GH Aeroflo 60 (in the staggered configuration). We did a crop of c99 and he got his best yield to date (I want to say 180oz’s). It was done in 50-55 days and stunk to high heaven! I remember hanging buds on a drying line in his basement. It stretched the length of his basement and we filled it up. I was in awe.

I was pretty young at the time and still living at home. I remember leaving 1 little bud of the c99 laying out and when I came back home the entire house stunk! not even kidding. The smell hit me in the face the second I opened our side door.

I’ve thought about ordering c99 seeds a few times since brother’s Grimm made their comeback. But I’m doubtful I could even smoke it anymore. I think it would probably give me a panic attack. lol

I haven’t looked through this thread yet, but has anyone here grown the original c99 and the new release? If so, how do they compare? I read mixed reviews when Brothers Grimm first re-released the c99.

3 Likes

I haven’t personally ran his old C99 or his “new” C99. But from what I’ve read his newer version of C99 is absolutely nothing like the original. I think he had to use new parents to create the current C99 because his old parental stock got lost or something along those lines.

2 Likes

I’ve grown the original and currently have the C99xx Pineapple version ready to harvest any day now. The pineapple version seems pretty damn close in smell and structure. Sample buds, cut a week ago, have been straight to head and and a racy high. I had read the same stuff about the new c99 so that’s why I went with the pineapple version. I am extremely satisfied with this strain.

14 Likes

no it’s probably just the Octopot😎

4 Likes

Ha! It definitely didn’t hurt :smiley:

1 Like

I didn’t know you used one nice work

1 Like

Well Rick finally came through and I appreciate it. I just wish we had a better interaction at first. But mistakes happen - we’re only human after all.

16 Likes

I came here to say that if you’re new to growing(like me) and Brothers Grimm tester packs is something that has popped up on your radar in a huge way(also like me) and they have what you want in stock, get them NOW while you can. I missed the opportunity to grab the Romulan x Airborne and the Grimm truffles tester packs before they were sold out and have been waiting for a restock for a couple of months and it just dawned on me that the testing phase is probably over with. That being said, I’m watching what these guys are offering and will probably decide on another strain or 2 to try, soon’ish. Love the work they’re doing and love the appreciation that you members of OG have for them!

7 Likes

Some Grimm truffles
Day 24

13 Likes

Shouldn’t of missed out on the 4/20 sale, they were doing the tester packs for $12.50 a pack versus the usual $25 or so that they usually go for.

1 Like

I wasn’t even growing by 4/20 of last year, did get my license issued on that day. This year I’ll be ready and screaming “Take my money!”

4 Likes

Better luck next time my friend! Around 4/20 is when everything is on sale and you’ll get the best deals on seeds from vendors/breeders. edit I actually got these for the Black Friday special not on 4/20, my mistake! Black Friday you’ll get the killer deals too.

3 Likes