Brothers Grimm Genetics

Howdy fellas! I am new to overgrow and a search for Grimmdica brought me here, to this thread. I have been lurking on overgrow forever now, just never signed up. I am a longtime member on other forums however…

I have to say there is some excellent info on this thread! Yall growin’ out some mighty fine fire from the Grimm…

So my journey starts here, I dont plan on going anywhere… This seems like an excellent forum.

So I have been searching high and low for Grimmdica, I missed the “window” when it was released and now I realize my chances of finding a pack is likely zero to none, sadly. I spoke with Rick (Mr.SouL) lastnight about it. Figured maybe he had a few packs put back, but he said they’re all gone. Have checked strainly for months… Forums… Seedbanks… etc. Nothing.

Is anyone sitting on a pack or a few Grimmdica beans they would trade or sale? I am determined to find them lol and no better place to start looking than here…

3 Likes

How comes 200 for nevs haze?
Did you not contact shantibabba for your seeds?
He is known to send more than 18 too if you pm him

I want some of those where can I procure them?

Is your wife the mama bear I know from aurora Denver?
Her family has Cherokee side that did the trail of tears and her man was part apache?

1 Like

No, not this time.
:smiley:

1 Like

Bermuda Triangle OG

12 Likes

I may be stirring up some shit here but at any rate…

Looking at seedfinder while researching the BG Apollo line, I discovered a quote from Mr Soul which I’ve heard him state as well(IIRC, The Potcast interview) and it struck me that his first Princess is very likely a Jack Herer S1/herm! :astonished: :astonished: :unamused: :astonished: :astonished:

I don’t discount the other famed strains that likely originated from a random bag (Chemdawg, OGK, etc.) but it seems shocking to me.

Opinions, OG?

:evergreen_tree: :thinking:

5 Likes

I’ve read this as well. It’s been known among some breeders for a while that you should make sure to test well, because c99 crosses can sometimes produce herms. Can’t add any personal experience to that, just what I’ve heard from others.

4 Likes

He did say that there were also males from those seeds, so I would guess that it’s unlikely to be from a herm.

6 Likes

:thinking: I’ve seen MORE males from bagseed than females, in about 200ish seeds.

@lefthandseeds Any idea if BG had outdoor testers back then? :smile: My guess is ‘NO’.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Got something special from Mr Soul himself a few days ago. Figured I’d share the gift I got.

5 Likes

I have grown a lot of Brother Grimm gear, at the moment I have Killer Queen, A-11, and his limited edition Uptown Funk in my garden. I just finished runs of his G-13genius, C-99, and his Rosetta Stone. I have yet to get a hermie after years of growing his gear. Perhaps I am just lucky? I do know that I really like his G-13genius (pic below) .

11 Likes

How was the c99? Did it seem legit?

It is good but by no means the same C-99 I grew in 2009. I liked his first version better. Don’t get me wrong, the new version is packed with trich’s and smokes well but the earlier version had a better structure and taste imho.

2 Likes

Good to know. From what I’ve read peakseeds from BC has the most legit c99 out there. Apparently he’s bred it to an f9 generation or something like that.

2 Likes

MikeJ at Peak got the original c99 for sure. I believe he got it from Mr soul or frost bros or something before Bros grimm shutdown.
I am not sure where has taken it but I grew it a few years back and found a 49 day pineapple rocket ship blast off pheno. Along with grapefruit and some combos of the two. But that 49 day pheno was exactly like I remembered C99 being back in the day.

8 Likes

There’s speculation that it’s jack herrer pollinated by some shiva skunk close by.
Forgotten where I came about this info. But I’m familiar with mr soul story. He found the seeds in a bag of jack herrer purchased from sensi coffee shop now defunct. They still have a shop in Rotterdam I think?

3 Likes

C99 and the story of how C99 came about from the Big Book Of Buds 2 . Sorry for my shitty pic taking lol

6 Likes

Oh man a 49 day pineapple c99 pheno would be incredible. I’m surprised we don’t see it more as a commercial strain these days, it’s still potent af even when compared to modern stuff.

4 Likes