Brothers Grimm Genetics

There are a good amount of different breeders that create c99 versions. I grew out 4 seeds from GYO last year. https://uk.gyo.green/gyo-seedbank-cinderella-99-bst-c99-f.html the colas were huge and really dense they gave off more a mixture of pineapple with a hint of grapefruit when you brushed past her. I had one seed remaining so I added it to my current multi strain grow I’m doing at the moment. They didn’t frost up as much as I was expecting but once they were chopped and cured for a few months the smell was stunning when you broke the buds up.

2 Likes

FDM seeds have C88 x C99.
I am starting a Journal of this cross.

Great breeder btw.

6 Likes

Lot of males in my pack and out of the 2 fems only 1 looks like it’s worth more than 2 cents! I will flower them out but from what I have seen so far this is Bro bull shit Grim C99 not the original by a long shot!

1 Like

Apollo 2.0 seems pretty true to the original, smell and texture are spot on. Flowering time is easily two weeks longer than the first version. We’ll have to wait a bit to see how she smokes.

36 Likes

How did you find them in terms of smoke?
I agree that the growing window is longer than it was before with the originals. But that taste and high are very familiar.
Curious to hear what you think.

3 Likes

I just tried to sprout 2 seeds I had saved of the reservoir apollo 11 g4. Sadly they didn’t make it. It was one of the strongest strains I’ve ever grown.

3 Likes

Im running a Ghaze clone… from reports, it is said to be much more potent and flavorful than the regular G13.
Ghaze is G13 Clone x Uber Candy Haze

I’ll be sharing updates

6 Likes

Just ordered the Apollo XX from True North Seed Bank. Can’t wait to live the legend.

5 Likes

Make sure to document. I’m curious and hopeful that we can all compile a group of grows using the 2.0 genetics, and the fems, and see what we have in terms of how it compares to the old, and what interesting comes from the new.
Happy growing!

Apollo is such a nice smoke. A bit high on it right now, and just zooming along with my day in a nice and easy way. :)=~

4 Likes

My 2.0 Apollo11’s closer to harvest (circa last year)
I forgot to add the mature photos.

Day 42:

19 Likes

Looks really nice, but also looks quite different from the Apollo’s I’ve seen. How many did you start? I wonder if its just a different pheno or something

3 Likes

Very different, right? I agree. Each of them was a bit different, including one that loved to foxtail at the end.
How much of that is environment vs. genetics? Who knows? Not me. :smiley:
I do know that I run the same setup as I did then, and I used all the same ferts and so on.

I ran five females from a pack of regular seeds. Genius is genius, so that doesn’t change. It’s the C99 that’s quite different I would have to then assume. I haven’t seen much in the way of Soul telling us specifically what he did with the 2.0 versions of, well, everything. Only the Rosetta Stone description actually tells us that it’s quite different parent genetics than the originals. But people who introduced me to these genetics way back when also confirm that it looks quite different.

However, that said, if you’ve smoked Apollo11 you will most definitely taste the similarities. It’s a very unique taste and it’s immediately reminiscent of the original. The high is also similar; guess that’s what genius brings to the table.

I’ll be growing out genius once it’s rooted here and will figure out what exactly is going on. :smiley: hahaha

Happy growing.

(p.s. I’ll be doing a 24 seed run sometime in the nearish future to test and find spectacular females, perhaps a couple males of the 2.0 release. I know what I’m looking for when I see it/taste it.)

Good luck to you, happy growing. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Cool. And yes I know that flavor for sure…got me drooling now thinking about it. How did you manage to get a genius cut? I’m jelly!

7 Likes

Patience and the kindness of friends.

Some 9-month cured, not very manicured Apollo11 I’m smoking. Smooth and skunky citrus. Love this stuff.

16 Likes

I am so damn excited for this Apollo XX. Never had the original but I’m kinda feeling like Jack and the Beanstalk right now! And my wife actually is PISSED on how much I just spent on those seeds LOL.

God i hope she doesn’t throw them out the window… unless they grow… and I can climb the beanstalk… ect.

8 Likes

7 Likes

C99 pineapple pheno outdoor Female seeds(C99xC99)

25 Likes

Wow that makes me want to get out the christmas decorations and throw some lights on that tree. Nice!

10 Likes

Made a strain out of Brother Grimms Cinderella 99(F1) and crossed it with a Northern Lights #5 back in 98-99 …Its called “Glass Slipper”… Known “World Wide”. Came out pretty good. She even made it in “High Times” and “Cannabis Culture” Magazine. Smoke is super potent!.. Just be careful!! Had a few friends ask for an ambulance!.. DOH!! :grinning:

Link to more “Glass Slipper” photo’s> Closetgrowth's "Old School" Grow pictures!... Past and Present! :)

34 Likes

So true. Ya better off laughing about it.