Bubba Kush cuts …

tigers milk used the original so ill guess that one. i think bodhi has only used the original and katsu.

4 Likes

Ya Bodhi said he used the original. I remember reading that specifically

4 Likes

It MAY have been the “original” as he knew it back then. As you can see by this thread, different stories told by different people and they don’t all line up.

Bodhis Baba Kush is specifically listed as Katsu Bubba x SSDD. I don’t know if other bubba crosses by him are listed as such.

8 Likes

True that. So much misinfo really makes things tough at times

2 Likes

I figured it was the original pre-pre. Does swerves or whatever that first pre98 was, have the same chocolate coffee scents as the original pre-pre? I have seen a chocolate coffee pheno in the SSDD F1s :thinking:

5 Likes

Cool thanks, what was yield like? And if you remember the flower times?

3 Likes

Oh colour me intrigued

3 Likes

Yield was all bubba, short, squat dense nugs, it’s nothing to cry about but definitely not a lot! Even in 4g pots they stayed 3ft or under being vegged 50 days or so, harvest was 9.5-10.5 weeks for me

4 Likes

Honestly it was garbage, but interesting scents and flavors.

13 Likes

Well that puts that intrigue to rest. :joy: Definitely has a bubba ish look to it in places. Very interesting

4 Likes

the verdant green p98 Bubba S1 I am running was popped from seed january 1st and was a runted mutant with no growth after the water leaves. Nursed it for weeks and it finally sprouted out 2 heads that grew into the plant I posted earlier.
It looks like a big plant because it has grown unpruned as a two headed plant. I’ve just tied the two “plants” apart. It is in a 15 gallon tote so I would bet that the plant itself is just over 3ft tall from soil to the tallest point. What I notice though is that 1/3 of its overall size was gained while flowering. Not stretching, just even inremental growth across the whole plant and perhaps more noticeable in girth than height.
Looking forward to sampling her for sure :wink:
I have to harvest my light dep at 70 days of 12 /12 due to my climate so hopefully she is done by then or close too it.

9 Likes

Should not be too far off hopefully! That flower growth spurt is definitely bubba. I’ve heard nothing but great things about his version. Does he have strictly fems or photos too?

3 Likes

And then his s1s. He has a bunch of fem Bubba crosses and only one other regular cross which includes Sour bubble

9 Likes

Verdant Green is a great guy and a fantastic breeder… very respected over in UK and EU.
It got difficult to get seeds from the UK when the whole fentanyl thing began to appear. More scrutiny was being placed on letter mail from UK and EU nations.
Seems folks have had better luck lately.
I’ve grown 4 varieties from Verdant Green now and if it was easier to get his seeds into Canada , I would be ordering more often. The guy is legit and has a good eye for winning plants.
My Pre 98 Bubba Kush S1 seeds were purchased from his very first release where I aquired 2 x 6packs. I’m looking forward to popping the Katsu Bubba S1 next and I’ll have to reach out to those who have offered me cuts hehehe… I have nothing to trade at the moment as all my future moms are clones as they go through a few weeks of intensive IPM to ensure no bugs or anything has survived from the outside environment.

11 Likes

I haven’t been having issues this year or the 3 previous. I’ve ordered from Attitude, Ace and Real Gorilla multiple times…I think its safe now! Doooooo it :grin: lol

2 Likes

Thank you @Fitzera i thought I was told they were regs. Now I see there are both. I’d like to get some just to have I. The stash but it’s not pheasible whatsoever atm

2 Likes

Great to know! Thank you :pray:t3:

2 Likes

I’ve got both that I’m planning on popping in an all Bubba and Bubba cross run a some point here…

Pre 98 Bubba s1
Bubba Kush
Fem Bubba Kush (supposedly pre98xpre98, seedsman)
Angel '98 (pre 98 x LA Confidential)
Peyote Critical (Peyote Purple x Critical kush)

7 Likes

Gorillas are cool :sunglasses: last time I ordered 10 packs of kc brains mango regs and other stuff, they were short on the regs so they sent me 5 packs of fems which are 5x the price to complete my order. Not bad :yum:

5 Likes

Yes be sure to email them before placing an order, I’ve found their listing could use more updating. More than once they didn’t have a few things listed as in stock and had to figure out replacements…but I got some Karma RoadDawg outta one of those orders so not all bad news