Bubba Kush cuts …

I’ve been asked this so many times, so many even call him dookie bros too, Kaka is way cooler anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I have some bubba kush seeds also if you needed some

5 Likes

Hi :wave:
I think Katsu lost his Katsu cut (afaik he was out of the game for a little while… or offline at least) he asked over at IC if anyone had the cut and i offered to send it to him (seemed churlish not to offer when it was katsu asking) if he had a good way of getting it over the pond UK-USA. He never took me up on it but a few months later he had come into a pre-98 cut from somewhere else and was posting about it, then he did a big reversal of it and released S1s and crosses. Not sure if he used exactly the same pre098 cut as me or not… i would assume there is more than 1 about.
VG

19 Likes

I have some Katsu pupil and Katsu Kaffir kush seeds left. two crosses he made with MMS… but these had both already hermed and ruined a grow of mine so I most likely won’t pop them. They were tasty though.

4 Likes

here are the results of my last Verdant Green Bubba Kush S1 seed. I purchased the seed thru Clarence at the now defunct Seedbay and I think they came from the first drop so not sure exactly what year that was but a few years ago now. I had 12 seeds (2packs) and 9 plants grew from those. I think Katsu was laying low around that time though.
This plant had a rough start but she sure impressed me in the end and I have a nice young plant in the mom room. She isn’t very loud on the kushy end as far as those flavors and smells go but it is there in the backnote when smoking. The jar has an initial smell of a squashed berry… a generic “berry” smell that is pleasing. Chopping it up it releases some mocha notes that are the forfront I think of the flavor profile. It has most of what I would look for in a Bubba Kush as far as all the descriptions go but would be elevated if those kushy/gassy notes were stronger. Potency if everything one could ask for and also fits the descriptions many give the various known bubba cuts. For me she stimulates my appetite which not a lot of weed does but more importantly to me… she knocks me out so i can get a decent sleep. Nothing like a nap after 1/2 a joint of this one :wink:
So for me, from seed, a keeper for now.
I also have Katsu’s recent Bubba Kush S1 seeds and will grow those out before I let go of this Verdant Green P98 Bubba clone.
Anyways… I said back earlier in the thread I would post some harvest pics and what not so I guess this is my official review of Verdant Greens seed. I should also say I used one of the other females from those seeds to make what I released a couple or so years ago as Bubba Royale crossing that p98 bubba S1 female with pollen from an Aficionado/Mandelbrot Long Valley Royal Kush (F9) male. Those were very well received.
So here is that plant I am smoking right now so might be the reason for my rambling posts. After this it’s nap time… I had the worst sleep in a long time last night and I need to catch up LOL
pics range from a couple weeks before harvest to harvest. Sun grown by light dep @52N, 3000ft elevation with a water only organic soil mix based on the old Tom Hill recipe from the original Overgrow archives.

34 Likes

Looks like a lovely plant well grown. Thanks for the review. I hope it lasts you through the festive season x
VG

6 Likes

she looks fantastic! have you sampled legit bubba before? how does she compare?

i see lots of “bubba diagonal” deps at the dispensary these days. pretty sure thats bubba kush x (ecsd x og). ive been trying to source a cut for a good minute with no luck. she has this sweetness with a background pine profile im a fan of. its as close as i can source to the true bubba kush, at least commercially

5 Likes

Howdy!

If you’re in the east coast, you may be in luck.

The one on the right is Bubba Diagonal from Purple City Genetics out of March and Ash.

Edit: Sadly, their website description says “straight gas”. May not be what you’re looking for. I’ll be growing clones of her here shortly.

5 Likes

Cuts to be given away?

2 Likes

@Mr.Christmas thats absolutely hilarious. youre on the other side of the country with the clone i want, from my local dispensary no less. the clone game down here sucks. you gotta jump on it pretty much immediately after they drop. they do most of the good drops early spring, hopefully they bring it back.

i really liked the commercial thats been going around. even with tax its still like ~$50 for the half and the bubba sweetness is super noticeable. hopefully you enjoy her. pcg has always done me right

4 Likes

Wow thanks for good news ssdd Bodi phenotypes genes breeding . @Bobgrows fellows peeps breeders seedsavers best gene folks…love to grow some 99s kusk bog Bubba kush , where can I find ,if you please…I’m learning about Bodhi genes breeding ,I never knew until here at Ogers families…peace, happy holidays growing the best Buds Bud… @olschool thanks.

7 Likes

no. they are to be shared.

4 Likes

Snagged that and the Grandi Guava on my way out of Dago. They were looking ROUGH, so I got both for $4. I’ve never shipped a cutting/clone, but I’d be willing to after I flower some out and get the mother HLVD tested. Can’t let anything out of my garden that isn’t 100% solid. I will keep you in mind for when I do

7 Likes

much appreciated! im not taking in clones these days without tags, im wildly afraid of hlvd. i have most of the modern pcg gear if youre interested (free). the grandi guava cut is absolutely world class cookies gear. way better than the bubba diagonal overall but i want the BD cut since its terp profile is so different. the GG cut yields well, will do well in shit conditions. give her the full 10w+ though. her sister blue limonene is also a keeper if you can source her for cheap.

6 Likes

I hear that! I’m good off the clones, best of luck on your hunt!

Cheers.

7 Likes

I’ve never had bubba that I could say was from one of the known cuts out there like the berger cut, katsu bubba or p98 bubba. I’m in Canada so there are no legit nursery’s like what are found in the US. We do have a canadian sponsor here that carries cuts I would trust the pedigree of.
From 2005 to 2015 I was unable to grow at home and I didn;t pay the weed scene much attention. I got my bud from trusted sources and did get 2 different kinds of Bubba Kush in those years. Dealer Dan , a young guy in his early 20’s was my kind of dealer. He always sought out the very best bud he could find. Quality was his game right from the start and the regular Bubba he would get was decent, very comparable to what I found in this verdant green p98 bubba S1 female. However, when the real nice stuff landed we would get a text from dan and all it would say was “the killz have landed” LOL That was the killer Bubba Kush… all the coffee and mocha but with some gas poured on. The smell and flavor was exceptional and I always bought at least a QP which was the most he wanted to sell as he made his $$$ on 1/4ounce bags for the most part.
That stuff was called Bubba D but I have no idea what the D stood for. I tried to get the clone of that bud for the longes time but it never happened. To this day when I grow any Bubba seed , that Bubba D is the standard that I am judging the plants by. So far haven’t found the super gassy flavor bomb bubba kush in a seed but have come close.
Maybe if I douse a cut of the one I have now with some of the strong smelling super frosty male long valley royal kush… that might bring me close to a “Bubba D” type plant that I am after. One day I will make a trip to the US to hang out with some OG’s that can show me what Bubba truly is but as a Canadian, my high bar reference would be that Bubba D flower from back in 2005 to '10

8 Likes

@Justblazin is legit

Bubba D is from bodhi look up instant karma. its ECSD bubba

4 Likes
2 Likes

I also have a pack of instant sour karma from strayfox

2 Likes

I don’t think area growers were growing beans from Bodhi back then (2005 to 2010)
Kinda wondered that myself when I researched it a bit.
If I had to guess I would say it might have been a Bubba x Deathstar but it’s something I will never be able to verify. It was killer bubba though and I’m still searching

5 Likes