Bubba Kush cuts …

Sounds similar to bomb threat! Gotta be fire! Nice

5 Likes

yeah was gonna say that is what ive heard the BT Bubba is like. i love those terps. Lime Kush, Sour Bubble and her daughter Sour Dubble have that limey 7up kush thing going on that i love.

9 Likes

CSI posting Bombthreat Bubba

2014:

https://www.instagram.com/p/rnVlXixV7l/

2023:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwBu32WJsjH/

4 Likes

Here’s “Bubba” without the Kush

12 Likes

Here is another Bubba without the " Kush " …

Bubba

19 Likes

The two Bubbas I’ve run, one has zero stretch stays squat with little branching. Turns purple around mid October, many people harvest before it turns purple. It’s almost identical to LA Confidential.
The pre 98 is closer to an OG Kush, more of a normal plant.
The purple one (Katsu) is super dense, to the point the seeds are squeezed by the calyx and you get two seeds fused together or almost cylinder shaped seeds.
Everything gets labeled pre 98 . I prefer the short purple one.

4 Likes

The Picture I posted above is of a Northern Lights #1 - Lime zest Pheno. “Without the kush” is meant to mean that it’s the mother line of Bubba Kush.

8 Likes

I wasn’t knocking you at all. I got your post.
I was just trying to be funny lol

5 Likes

Unfortunately mine went in the compost. It’s got the Bubba look and slightly the smell but lacks potency and flavor. I’ve ran it a few times and just doesn’t have what I remember bubba to be but to be fair i always had the pre98 back in the day.

the search continues

5 Likes

Yeah that’s where mine is headed too.

3 Likes

Speaking of purple bubba.
Mendo2020. 5 weeks into flower almost.
no more balls today. manageable intersex traits but requires vigilance daily.

15 Likes

I’ve got some Pre-98 Bubba beans from twenty-20 and grabbed some of the Katsu S1s recently. Been thinking about doing a side by side. At any rate, I’ll keep a closer eye than normal on the twenty-20 plant and report any issues with nanners.

10 Likes

First test run of Mat Berger “MB” bubba S1 run I did.
I’ll update every once en awhile if I have life.

15 Likes

Very cool! Hope they turn out epic

6 Likes

from what seed stock? (if known)

3 Likes

The Seed Bank of Holland

Of course, it’s not from the same batch of NL beans Matt the Hamburgler received back in the 90s, but it is the same genetic line.

6 Likes

I am keeping the verdant green bubba s1 plant around for now. Often they are better ran from clone I find so won’t let it go until after I have ran it indoor at least once.
I might be able to squeeze in a katsu bubba or 2. My pack just says Bubba Kush S1 so i guess it is not the pre 98? I dunno but I’ll get the pack out while I contemplate. LOL

6 Likes

I need to grow my Nl#1 beans out , I’m starting to think what my buddy had was the original bubba before the kush crossings occurred , I have Matt’s cut but I’m wanting that sticky bright green silver 7up bud the cut my buddy had would grow , he kept it labeled as bubba he also had bubba Kush moms labeld as bk1 bk2 etc

8 Likes

damn i just got the berger cut and now it seems most would rather have a different one, humm should i even be messing with this one at this point ?.

have no other bubba cut here with me but i have 3-4 bubbas in seed form, maybe i should just pop some old ass seeds and hope for a killer of my own.

damn deflated big time …

16 Likes

Brother, I’d grow her out regardless. I’m gonna run the pre-98 and Berger cut side by side, with my real special bubba. She’s still a great cut, I suspect most are just a bit spoiled now with variety.

18 Likes