Bubba Kush cuts …

Are you going to defol early or late? You are also about to have sooo much Bubba!

2 Likes

Hahaha. That’s the goal. I think I’m gonna let them get about half way into flower before I defol just to make sure they get air flow through them. They are stretching too. This IS gonna fuck around and be a crazy amount of bubba. Not sad about it.

8 Likes

Just tossed the illudium into flower. I love this plant sooooo much… just classic bubba taste and smell, but she is sooooooo damn slow!!!

14 Likes

What kinda stretch are you getting?

2 Likes

It’s only been a few days into flower and I’m seeing several more inches in upward growth. She’s also spreading out still. I’m gonna have to rearrange the plants so the smaller girls get put in the center of the 5 plant grouping. I just watched how the mold jumped from plant to plant where they were touching and overlapping each other on the original 4.

4 Likes

They look gorgeous!
You must thin them out before they bud. Those buds get wet with trichomes. They DO need plenty of air circulation.
They stay pretty stout and bushy. Not too much stretch.
I’m so happy to see you growing them!
Then YOU can tell me if you believe they are the true Bubba!! Lol

6 Likes

I can’t wait Bobbi. I’ll thin them out at your recommendation. Also, I generally take all plants i grow to 70 days flower. Where do these bubbas fall for flower time?

1 Like

Well…I don’t count days. I am a continuous trichome checker with a microscope .Every time is different . I didn’t take notes. I fly buy the seat of my pants alot! Lol
I do remember they where quicker than the GSC. I know… no help…sorry.

5 Likes

Lol. You’re good. I lost my magnifier. Guess this is a good a time as any to get a new one.

2 Likes

My first run with Bubba Kush (Berger cut) I love this shit. This smoke was gone so fast! Haha

38 Likes

Holy smokes!! Dude I love Bubba like any other cat and this thread has me just tickled!! Please let me share something with you My friends…. Maybe a decade ago I bought some Genetics from Cannabiogen. I was lucky to hear threw the grapevine that their Peyote Purple was quite impressive when growing but that it was just a pretty rare and hard to find Purple Pheno of Bubba Kush? I might be wrong and if I am please don’t flame me but I think that’s what Cannabiogen claimed with the write up on their site. Anyways… I got a pack of 10 Regs, ran 4 at first right when I got them. I only got one Male and 3 Females so I separated the male and went hard on those 3 females. Like really unnecessarily stressful however……those 3 were some of the most desirable in terms of expression that I’ve ever seen, bulletproof like mega tough man, you couldn’t be rough enough to them and they would come right back eating up the abuse like some Sadomasochist type shit, I would snap, bend, drought stress, over salt fertilize and really take the 3 for granted, but they would bounce right back to even better than before when lights came on, I can’t even describe how tolerant they were from the minute they broke soil. They had such a minimal stretch I remember never even tiring or staking anything up, but my god those branches had some strength. When I was finishing them up I really noticed that the frost from week 4 till chop was unlike anything else I had ran back then, ridiculously copious amounts of frost that I probably could’ve built a snowman. Terps we’re solid Dank, musky, coffee, funky and sadly not at all a heavy yield per plant. What I did get however was some high times pretty looks and hard purple and lime green flowers that were not very potent. I don’t think maybe 15%-20% but I couldn’t believe the fricking taste and pleasure I got when tearing one up. Holy shit I got way to excited on you all, please forgive me. Lol . What I am trying to say is that if I’m still getting all hot and bothered over a couple of plants I ran 10+ years ago it must have had such a positive impact that even today I’m still running my suck about it. It was a real treat and I’m so grateful that I was able to start and finish just even 3 of those. The other 6 seeds I never got the pleasure to run because those and everything I ever held genetically in my collection got Stolen from me and it breaks my heart and soul to even think about it. ANYWAYS Is it accurate that Peyote Purple is just a hard to isolate (sometimes)Purple bubba kush Pheno? If that is correct, can any of my OG peers here please share with me the path I need to be on to own what I had back then? Can anyone tell me if it Was a pre-98 Bubba? Some Breeders Exclusive and elusive cut? Was it crossed to produce peyote purple? Back Crossed? Inbred? I am hoping to be given correct and accurate information so that I can know where to start in my search for what I think personally is still the most impressive and wildly underrated strain that haunts me still today. I appreciate your information and input. Thank you for time and any information that may lead me on the right track towards correctly isolating that same exact or just pretty damn close strain/Pheno.

9 Likes

Peyote purple is a bubba pheno, i believe so, yes. Try getting either pre98 or matt berger and reversing them to make s1s.

7 Likes

She’s a beauty. How long did you take her?

5 Likes

I took her to 9 weeks at chop. I’m going 10 weeks this next run

8 Likes

Here’s CBG original description of peyote purple:

Type: Indica Bubba Kush
Flowering: 8-9 weeks
Yield: Average

Delicious and spectacular hybrid originated in US of stimulant and uplighting indica effect. It is harvested in 8-9 weeks. Sweet aromas to incence, earth with touches of mango, metalic and shampoo. Is a fantastic high quality resin producer. Its been developed several generations from an isolated purple pheno segregated from Bubba Kush. Due giving a few males in its offspring, line is offered as regular seeds, 10 seeds per pack but results tell about a very extremelly high average of females

8 Likes

These videos pics look fantastic! You had some very nice growth with no visible deficiencies… Bubba always turns out better that way

9 Likes

ALWAYS. She’s a queen and should be treated as such imho. pre-98 is a bit more forgiving in that sense but both are absolutely epic when dialed. @DefNSmokn is real good at dialing shit in too :wink:

9 Likes

Yeah, she can be a bit lackluster if she isn’t dialed in, but BAM! A good batch is REALLY good… as-in:
either midsy or take your breath away and leave you with a goofy grin, sort of like how Jinxproof explains his 9-lb hammer… “if you don’t dial it in, you may just grow 3- ot 4- lb hammers” :joy::raised_hands::v:

11 Likes

Bahaha I love that ! I’ve always wanted to try that strain too! Awesome

5 Likes

It was said back in the day that Peyote Purple was a S2 of the Katsu Bubba Cut.
I once made S1s with the Katsu and the first seed i grew came out male… so there is maybe something odd about that clone, which is why the Pre-98 has generally been preferred for breeding.

VG

7 Likes