Bubba Kush cuts …

@Forest_Organic I just harvested 2 out of 3 bubba kush plants from barney’s. They have grown well. I harvested 2 at day 88 because they started to put out male parts and got a little crispy. The third has continued to bulk up and put out fresh pistils and is ready to chop soon. Anything in particular you would like to know?
FYI I consider myself new with 4 grows under my belt.

I have posted some pictures further up. Post 826

3 Likes

@Thurgood I’ve always liked barnys farm, I’d love to hear the smoke report on it and what kind of smells ur getting off it.

2 Likes

The smell to me is pinsol, a little pine and a little citrus. I brought the plants to a different area to dry and my partner said they smelt a skunk. Maybe it was the plants, maybe just a skunk lol. The nugs are dense and some of the biggest I have ever grown. Approaching beer can size while wet. I have smoked a joint of it and it tasted the same as the smell. It still smells wet so I’m excited to see what the cure brings out.

I just asked my partner, who likes wine tasting and doesnt smoke or grade weed, to give them a good smell and a report. the smell they got was “apricot pits and dandelion”

5 Likes

Dude I have the exact same cut. Do you know if it’s the same as the pre98 or the “original” bubba kush nspecta and bodhi use? Or if it’s one of the orgnkid green bubba or whatever cuts?

1 Like

Interesting info, just answered the q I just asked haha. But it’s NOT the pre98?

How does BK react to being topped? I’ve read it typically grows pretty squat and slow.

3 Likes

I’ve literally been crying at how slow this motherfucking plant grows. They just started to jump off at day 35 veg. I’m seeing some good lateral branching bushing out and root volume is plumping up.

8 Likes

Would y’all say Suge Pure Kush is a Bubba Kush S1?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I couldn’t say, been seeking that cut forever…. She’s way elusive to me at least

2 Likes

The suge pure has something more to it then bubba, it has a chalky candy thing to it like smarties candy that I just dint see it being from bubba, but they are close in look and structure, my hunch is no not a direct s1 but could very well be related.

3 Likes

I’ve been experiencing the same I only have S1’s from motiv303 and crosses of it at this point.

Edit: @FinkPloyd That’s good to know I’ll have to keep that in mind when I go through the pack. Hopefully I find something close to the original.

1 Like

Motivs gear should be legit, you should find something nice, post up pics of your finds when the time comes. CSI has a few crosses with suge he hit her with t1000 pollen and girl scout pollen I believe, those are probably nice.

3 Likes

I’ll be popping em once my stardawg kush from stray fox (suge pure kush x star dawg) seed run finishes up. I found a cool looking male that I can cross to the S1 after I make S2’s

2 Likes

Because it’s on the slower side, i find that LST is a better way to neutralise apical dominance and train it … takes less time to veg up that way and works just as well. Topping is ok, but it will sulk for a while before it starts growing strongly again, this is even more true if the plants are from seed.
VG

7 Likes

Northern Lights (#1), aka Bubba (as Matt Berger called it), was a parent to Bubba Kush.

“Original Bubba Kush” is more than likely an S1 of BK.

Matt Berger’s Bubba Kush is the original cut that started it all.

5 Likes

For completeness’ sake… here you are bubba gang

4weeks later and that Bubba Diagonal(bubba x tk) I showed before comes down in 3-5 days :purple_heart:

38 Likes

Hey. Is this only applicable for topping or does it also get pissy for any kind of maintenance trimming?

1 Like

Not really sure what you mean by 'maintenance trimming? ’
if you mean defol then i’m not a believer in that at all - beyond removing leaves that are shading budsites… and i would be even less likely to do it with bubba.

bubba takes a while to ‘get going’ and grow well. It likes plenty of soil and stalls quite quickly when roots hit the sides/bottom of the pot. so best, when it gets going, to keep it going and avoid a growth check. (this is true of any plants really but especially bubba because it will take a bit longer to get going again)
VG

12 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Thanks for the prompt response. Also I was really curious as to why my up pots were looking so sad. You really hit a bunch of questions I had without having to ask. Thanks brother.

9 Likes

@Bobgrows pre98 bubbas.

28 Likes