Bubba Kush cuts …

Good info, with all that said back to bubba kush. Who has a good bubba in seed form, preferably not pre 98. I have it already from twenty20 mendocino. I want the one that’s short with big fan leaves and that coffee incense perfume smell not the chocolate one. The after burn smell is almost like nag champa incense, this is the one I’m looking for.

The last few I’ve grown and tried have been more green colored and chocolate/hashy.

5 Likes

Deleted
Popo showed up :wink:

3 Likes

Is this a bog thread now?

3 Likes

eh, Its bubba kush adjacent :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

lol that’s what happens here. One person mentions something and twenty more spiral into the convo like a tornado, it happens everywhere and can’t be helped lol I’ve been guilty of it myself 🤦

2 Likes

I got a pack of the fem Katsu Nocturnal Emissions (Durban F1 x Pre ‘98 Bubba) Looking forward to giving those a go soon

1 Like

:yawning_face:

Screenshot_20240718_183529_InstagramThe_Seed_Bank_-_Northern_Lights_Nr1_F-3-70236

7 Likes

Anyone else remember when professional geneticists were on here doubting NL’s connection to Bubba? Their “expert” conclusion was that it was some other type of Afghani, a “dwarf” Afghan to be precise. :rofl:

6 Likes

That happend?

1 Like

Best Bubba I’ve grown was from Twenty 20 Mendocino last season, stickiest , smelly and potent plant I’ve grown in a long time :+1:

4 Likes

I think this is the best theory personally.

On a side note Ive recently discovered this Ohio cut called Illidium. I think crossing with SB could produce some interesting things.

Well see!

2 Likes

It doesnt fit the norm youre right.

But Sour Bubble in particular was his baby and the backbone to his company. He definitely kept the genetics of that one close to the vest for obvious reasons.

Its very very clear something was introduced into the line at some point. Its hard to argue an extra bx could change the gene pool that drastically.

Not to mention allowing the shroud of mystery to build was an easy business decision.

No ones faulting him for all this. I think most people respect it honestly.

1 Like

I think illudium is a bubba s1 or something :yum:

2 Likes

Good to here that’s what mine is. Everything they offer is as described. Try “the spice” from them you’ll love it. Best out of 7 or so strains I grew from them. They have a few bubba kush things going on.

I’ve grown nl a bunch of times, and they do have some similarities. Not enough where I’d say there related though. Hell alot of plants can look like others we know this. All the nl I grew were pine and juniper berry smelling.

Northern lights is afghan x thai right? I am glad all these heirloom indicas are making a comeback.

2 Likes

Sounds like NL5, or maybe 5x2

Debatable. Technically only NL2 might have Thai.

2 Likes

Looks like according to Greg, there is no Thai or Sativa at all in NL2.

But then there’s stuff like this

:man_shrugging:
Like i said, debatable :joy:

6 Likes

I have some going right now , Illudium is very very Bubba leaning in Body and tough leathery leaf structure very slow vegger.Plant likes to rust like bubba does no matter what you do branches will snap right off like a pencil if your too rough.Cant wait to take these to flower and see what else she can do.

11 Likes

Yeah most likely the case from the sounds of it.

Ill track her down in the future. Threads like this would love some free SBxIllidium.

Got a few heavy bubba SB leaners in my first run already.

7 Likes

That would be in the range of #2 and #5 x #2. NL1 is not the same, it has that deep chocolate/ coffee with some sweet dankness to it.

3 Likes

Greg mentioned that the plant Don used to make NL2 was a hybrid and not a pure Afghan.

Idk why Rob still rolls with that description, it’s all wrong.

Afghan (Murphy’s) x (Afghani x Thai) (Don’s Hybrid) would be more accurate.

3 Likes