Bubba Kush cuts …

Packs like this make my jewels tingle.

2 Likes

Oh okay I wasnt aware people were doing that with clone onlys back then. I know dutch passion started selling fems mid 90s or so. Fems were very suspect at first, hell alot of growers won’t touch them still. It was a long process getting seed then, tookmonths to arrive from amsterdam until seedboutique took credit cards. To clarify I had both oger and blackberry bubba seeds.

Sorry i got off topic back to bubba…my brother is the one showing that twenty20 bubba above. Can’t wait to try his soon, twenty20 mendocino is a great seed co.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m one of many who feel selfed and or feminized seeds are a last ditch effort in plant breeding and are steering the species evolution in the wrong direction.

3 Likes

Ya there kinda iffy, def wouldnt breed with them either. I like csi approach, just self clone onlys. Never had a reg female herm, only fems. That kinda explains it all lol. Regs generally grow better too, and much more tolerant ime.

3 Likes

Hi weedcvlt,

it does represent the pre98 quite well. This cut has creamy mocha coffee berry liquor smell, similar taste and great high. I love this effect, it slows down the thought process, relaxes the body and mind yet it is not narcotic/couch lock high. The yield is on the lower side, makes popcorn buds similar to OGs. Low stretch, relatively good vigor though (if you dont let it rootbound)

Verdant is legit seedseller with great attention to detail, top notch packaging. Highly recommended.

Few pics for ya

34 Likes

Wow, Elanius, this plant is absolutely gorgeous!

3 Likes

You probably dont agree with this either…

But I agree selfing is kinda silly outside of a single generation of preservation. Or locking in a desirable trait.

But feminized crossing seems like such a better idea to me. For example… reversing different cuts of Bubba onto each other.

Takes out the guessing and strenuous testing game… without bottlenecking a line.

A feminzed f2?

The same idea as line breeding with a male. I see absolutely no difference personally. Outside of a missing chromosome of course. Seems much more efficient.

4 Likes

But feminized crossing seems like such a better idea to me. For example… reversing different cuts of Bubba onto each other.

That’s Peyote Purple!
Check me on that @Cannavore

14 Likes

Breeding exclusively with reversed fem plants has been in my mind for awhile. There was a whole thread on it. The consensus is that, ya. The male is a source of variability and taking that out by replacing it with a known pollen donor is legit. The downside is you can’t get regs from fems. Fems are easy to get from regs.

It’s philosophical more than anything. I’m in the camp that fem beans can absolutely be used as breeding stock

1 Like

You really dont need a male either. Youre losing nothing as far as I can tell.

Any problems you have with feminzed breeding are the same problems regular seeds have. Inbreeding too far, and using bad parent stock. Nothing is different. I dont know why this isnt a more prevalent thing.

Everyone selfs… but I dont see feminzed line breeding. Maybe im just unaware.

4 Likes

Wow i like that look of that baby, where did that come from? Dont know who or what verdant is, but you got me interested. Now that certainly looks like classic bubba kush. Nice grow bro

2 Likes

Day 60. Katsu Pre98 S1. Musty, earthy, daaaank.

37 Likes

Here’s my last Bubba from Twenty20

16 Likes

How many did you have to go through to find that one ?

1 Like

If you’re talking about mine, I popped three beans outta his pack, one I accidentally killed, these are the remaining two. Lol

3 Likes

nice! i popped one of CSI’s bubba s1’s and it was just meh. if i can find a photo of it ill edit the post with a pic but it vegged for 3 or 4 months and produced 14 grams of tiny little dense nuggets… lol opening the jar smells like garlic / pizza or something.

anyone on here seen the new bubba s1 hybrids from CSI? very tempted to get them but cant afford it right now.

Edit: here are the pics of that s1… again, not at all a keeper imo lol it also cloned extremely slow if at all

15 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got plants like this in Bubba Kush S1s. You just need to pop more then one seed and you’ll get much better preforming plants, trust me.

Pz :v:t2:

7 Likes

very good to hear that, i was a bit disheartened and was considering not even popping them. did you have anything that vegged in a decent speed?

2 Likes

No doubt. S1 get popped by the pack. Mutants, runts, and weirdos abound in S1 land.

5 Likes

Free pack of of his new bubba cross with every purchase. You already know I did. :muscle: I’ll grab pictures of the other pheno I got from katsus pre98 pack. Still some nice looking herb.

2 Likes