Bubble bag question

Yes this is a good move too and I do pretty much the same I just omit the 90 and the 73 bags and let it all fall into the 45 and collect in one go. :+1:

7 Likes

How are you guys cleaning your bags?

Smart man… would have saved me a decent amount of time on my first run. I ended up combining everything in the 45-159 range anyway… :joy:

4 Likes

Aw shucks :wink:.

I still think it’s a good move, especially for your first time, to put in that extra work. The information you give yourself will allow you to figure out what works for you.

I’m glad I did it. Would I do it twice? Nope.

For cleaning I use alcohol. The freezer might be better but I have no room in there with all the French fries and severed heads.

10 Likes

This is what I was thinking… ty :+1:

Also, wish I had planned for it taking a lot longer than expected… and swapped my stirring arm more often.

3 Likes

Yup they sent the drying screen

1 Like

Past 90 micron, the incidence of broken trichomes and non-capitate stalks increases, so the quality can begin to decrease, consider it a point of diminishing returns; your total mass of concentrate increases, but overall quality decreases. 25 micron is generally recognized as trash and used for cooking or topicals.
Pretty sure that our own reincarnation of Frenchy Cannoli can fill in some blanks:

You’ll find microscopy, and a full explanation of his process here

3 Likes

Reiko was saying the other day that it’s important to use ethyl alcohol instead of isopropyl to protect your bags. Basically 180 proof everclear

5 Likes

My set comes with 73 and 25. No 45 bag. I’ll prolly use all 5 bags the 1st time so I can see for myself before I consider stream lining the process.

1 Like

I agree, isopropyl does beat up the bags pretty good but high proof drinking spirits are prohibitively expensive and I gave up my still long ago.

1 Like

I’m going with Dewalt & a paint mixing paddle. Separate bucket.

2 Likes

Just double checked mine… I have the same a 73. I think that was the largest yielding bag if I remember right (I don’t :crazy_face:)

I’m going to give the drill a go next time too. You doing this today?

2 Likes

That’s my exact set up, 5 gallons at a time

1 Like

Should I be thinking alcohol on the 1st run or just for long term after it gets stained or something? I figured just cold water rinse and hung dry.

1 Like

That’s the plan

In order to clean the bag I just freeze it and then smash the remnants to dust. It can take a couple of rounds, but you can smoke the dust mmm good stuff!

6 Likes

I need to go read your thread… lol. This is a great idea.

Since you’re here… any input on the type of alcohol used if it comes to that? iso or ethyl? is the answer in your thread? :wink:

Love it. More zen and natural than solvents

1 Like

Im so lazy now and not in a hurt for product so i just run 160/120/73…only keep the 73

6 Likes

Ethyl alcohol would be the best. Isopropyl damages nylon! My last bubble bags, I would rinse the work bag in cold water, but never… ever cleaned it in solvents. The bags start to smell like hash after a while like seasoning a wok.

2 Likes

I’m going to answer, but please understand that my response is purely from research and watching Frenchy Cannoli. Folks like Joe Crowe are actively doing this process, so give adequate weight to their input!
Frenchy rinses in alcohol after each pull so that the micron mesh doesn’t “clog” with residual material. That way the bags are as efficient from the first wash to the last.

5 Likes