Bud rot mildew or mold please help

Hey guys theres nothing worse then to crack open that huge top cola to look and find brown rot mildew or mold is there anything I can do like can i cut just the affected part of the plant or do I need to toss the whole thing please help thank you pics below

Uploading: 20200803_090417.jpg…

3 Likes

Chuck it!!! Then, cut the stem about an inch BELOW the affected portion, checking for spores. If present, cut some more. If indoor, check humidity and provide adequate ventilation. Good luck…I know it’s difficult to get rid of all that work, but you stand the chance of losing more. Be safe/be well.

5 Likes

Just cut out the effected area

3 Likes

Ya chop that part off and a bit extra to be sure. Dig around the other nugs to look for sign of it starting, like actually peel them open a but and peek inside…you should probably wash your hands in between touching the infected one and the others.

If you have a dehumidifier get it on and try to keep things below 50 if you can and as much airflow as possible!

6 Likes

To avoid rot developing while drying and curing break those big colas up into individual buds, they will dry more evenly as well.

3 Likes