Bud Trimmers yay or nay

Who uses them who hates them?

I think im ready to bite bullet. I hate spending weeks in trim jail. Jeff bezos has a few for like 2-300 USD do you need to spend like 4-6 for a good one ?

4 Likes

Really depends on what you’re trimming. Cookie gelato type bud structure works well in trimmers. Buds with looser structure gets chewed up

7 Likes

I have a love-hate relationship with the cheaper ones ($100) that I’ve used :slight_smile:
Haven’t tried the more pricey ones.

1 Like

oh man this bud is the loosest tight bud or maybe the tightest loose bud. :thinking:
its a 3 way haze cross but the early trial clones are tight for a sativa. Either way I have over 3#s of it otw and im so done trimming a QP

5 Likes

I’m going to say a cheap trimmer isn’t going to help you. You can try it and see. Maybe only run it for a short time to reduce trimming time

2 Likes

My wife is a meticulous person and would be a good bud trimmer. I’d still say nay because she is a PITA and would try to take over.

Trimming is the cost of admission, so to speak. You’ll appreciate it more if you do it yourself, by hand. That’s my Saturday night opinion anyway.

7 Likes

I normally trim as little as I can. It’s amazing how fast you can get it to the 90% point if that’s your goal. It’s always the last 10% that takes the most time, seems like.

5 Likes

I use this one for my tighter outdoor or when I’m well over trimming a couple pounds.
Like @Emeraldgreen said, tighter nugs work fine as long as they aren’t too dry. Loose and dry buds will get eradicated.
images

3 Likes

I can’t comment on the cheaper electric trimmers as to how good they work . But for a couple hundred bucks a quality bowl trimmer does a pretty decent job on most buds.
Huge difference when you jump up to a trim pro , twister or centurion electric but there thousands vs hundreds.

8 Likes

You got a link for that

2 Likes

I looked on their site and they only have the manual one now. I got this a couple years back. lemme see if I can dig something up.

edit: HERE WE GO.
https://www.vevor.com/bud-trimmer-c_10211/vevor-bud-leaf-trimming-machine-hydroponics-trimmer-16-electric-and-manual-p_010806347807

3 Likes

I only grow for myself, so that probably influences my opinion, but when I stopped caring so much it became a lot more tolerable Those sugar leaves knock-off real quick when you break up a bud.

3 Likes

How much does it take at once? How long do you run them for?

2 Likes

Friend of mine has this one says it works well .

4 Likes

We tried this one or an incredibly similar one. It turned everything into smalls for us

2 Likes

You gotta be watching all the time even mine can do that if they tumble too long .

4 Likes

I’m not sure how much it can fit maximum, but about maybe quarter to half pound? I never really thought about it. But it’s a fair amount. I usually run it one direction for like a minute or two, then reverse until i see most of the buds are cleaned up. I just keep an eye on it through the clear top.

2 Likes

Hand trimming all the way, done it as a job. Medical industry before rec. I sat in room with a bunch of friends and we passed hash while trimming. It was great. When it was for real med quality around here, it was prime. Now it’s all messed up rec fucking sucks. Legalize the damn thing it’s not only unharmful if used, it was here before it was even made illegal,. Sorry dab hit hard. But still half a pound is easily done in a short bit with some scissors. And if there is 20 of you boom perfectly trimmed buds, and a bunch of larf and trim to use :wink:. I see the appeal of the trimmers and that crazy awesome looking thing @ShiskaberrySavior has. But I think hand trimmed bud is almost always better. That’s just my opinion. It’s a bitch. ,depending on the sentence. But they don’t call it trim jail for nothing. @PsillyRabbit how are you man, that’s a nice amount of flower. Hope you enjoy it!

6 Likes

I do for the bulk of my outdoors but not my primo outdoor colas or indoors; those i still hand trim.

I use what I jokingly call a: “DEATH FAN”.

I fucking love the thing come harvest weeks as it took an 8hr trim jail down to 1hr. The one I got was around $200 on Amazon :canada: at the time, and had the straight slot openings like you see in the image example above. There are circular ones around now that other OGers got and didn’t like the way the circular openings worked with trimming.

I trim down a bin full of branches and death-fan them in no time at all. Then 4 bucket wash and hang overnight before they end up in my drying tent. Super time-saver. :ok_hand:

10 Likes

We have a Centurion DBT0 and hardly ever use it. The buds need to be drier than I like in order to get a decent trim. I found it’s excellent for drying the shit out of seeded bud and then run it through the trimmer. Does nice 150m dry hash.

3 Likes