Budderton Beans' Glitter Trike "Kush Trials"

Ideally in about 4-6 weeks. Shooting for at least a 60-day veg which should also give me enough growth on each plant to take a couple healthy viable cuttings

4 Likes

Wow! You’ll definitely have some cuttings those gonna be some big girls

3 Likes

Keeping them well-trained. One plant is noticeably more lanky but the leaves of both plants look quite similar to me.

Day 35 from seed

13 Likes

Nice @RookieBuds ! Yeah, they are gonna be classic OG Kush. Stretchy, bud on a vine. The Pure Og Kush x Triangle had a few phenos that were quite lanky, with smaller flowers then the Triangle S1s and Biker kush but those phenos were the most potent .
:grin::v:

5 Likes

Nothing really to speak of, but DAMN the Glitter Trikes are very vigorous! They’re taking up most of the space in here. One plant is noticably stretchy compared to the other, but the two plants still have very similar leaves

12 Likes

Nice @RookieBuds ! Looks like you’re gonna be growing some vine this round.:grin: I’d expect a 2x stretch, maybe more on those in flower.
:v::canada:

4 Likes

Still doing really well

I still think they look very similar other than one is a lil stretchier.

I’m getting a couple gnats in just these two plants and i think I know why; the coco in these two are drying back before I get to their next watering. I need to be sure to water these two DAILY, instead of every other day like i often do with smaller plants

9 Likes

If you switch to fabric pots then you can water from the bottom and let the top layer dry out so the gnats don’t multiply.
If you gonna keep going like you are in this setup then you might wanna get some sticky traps.
And when they flower be sure to inspect them daily and pick the gnats out of the buds to prevent budrot.
:+1:

5 Likes

Yeah I always transplant to fabric pots before flower but I veg in these plastic pots to help establish a better root ball for transplant. I also have sticky traps and will definitely put some up after spotting these buggers :+1: i also have Mosquito Dunks so I’ll crumble a full one up which should easily cover all four pots :+1::wink:

4 Likes

Looks very similar to the tricycle with those long stretch branches, coming along nicely

2 Likes

@Naptown916 thanks :metal: Budderton’s gear has always been easy as hell for me to grow, very responsive plants

2 Likes

After putting up the sticky paper, about 20 hrs in & no gnats :man_shrugging:t2: maybe the gnats were just in my bathroom, or quite literally I only had the two gnats that I saw & they’re gone :thinking: either way, no pests so that’s good

7 Likes

If you’re seeing fungus gnats that usually means you’re not letting your medium dry enough between watering, something to look at maybe :v:

2 Likes

No real updates, these babies are still doin their thing

In need of a transplant soon. Will probably flip in 1-2 weeks

11 Likes

Decent defoliation, transplanted and moved to the 4x4. Will flip to flower in 1-2 weeks. :+1:

Oh, and don’t worry I’m not wasting all that open space

9 Likes

Damn, it’s been 4 days and they’re still a wee bit droopy — i did just turn the lights on here, so there’s that :man_shrugging:t2:

They’re clearly still growing at a decent rate though, but I wish they’d be a little more perky by now. IMO it’s a combo of transplant shock and low humidity (40ish %). Just keeping an eye on them for now.

The whole tent is fairly droopy, but Slurricane in the front left looks probably the best. They should all be fine in a few days :wink::+1:

12 Likes

Lowered the light a bit & turned it down, already seeing some signs of perking :+1:

I’m hoping to be on track to flip these in about a week, but definitely not until they look happier

12 Likes

They totally bounced back, only for me to whip em back down again & pulled quite a few leaves. Flipped today.

One plant is way more squat than the other, but their overall structures aren’t very different.

10 Likes

I recently had to get refills of my nutrients, so I decided to go back to the ol’ 3-part. I have enough Nova Bloom to finish out this grow, but after this I’m gona stop using Nova. The only reason is the “chunky” factor, I’m just tired of dealing with the chunky muddy nature of the Nova series, Flora Trio mixes much cleaner even if it’s an extra bottle or two.

5 Likes

Ooops, haven’t updated in a while. These Trikes are doing GREAT!

Tallest plant in the room. This one is on the floor & still has the highest reaching tops.

The shorter Trike, looks similar to the tall one at a glance but is significantly shorter. It’s on a bucket to level the canopy and it’s still kinda low on one side. This one smells AMAZING when I pull leaves, something that smells between Kush and Durban I swear.

I had to do a hearty defoliation on both plants, they both throw HUUUGE leaves that block its own nodes and chokes off the lower branches. I forgot to mark my flip day on the calendar, but i think these plants are about day 16f.

A shot of the whole tent. Trikes are in the back. You can clearly see the one on the back left is on a “booster seat”. Same with my runty PBB fem in front, dunno why but that one has seemingly struggled to keep pace with everything else, it’s the same age as the Trikes :man_shrugging:t2: it’s still growing and flowering, so whatever

14 Likes