DWC Cropking Blue Cookies

Cracked 2 Blue Cookies seeds last Tuesday

Soaked for 18hrs in a glass of water, moved to a wet papertowel in an open baggie on top of my fridge.

Waited for around 1" of growth then moved to rockwool cubes that had been soaked in 5.5ph water with 1ml each of General Hydroponics bloom micro and gro.

Placed rockwool in Humidity dome with a florescent light on Thursday.

Here’s a pic one week later(Weds), ready to go into the DWC buckets tomorrow i think.

17 Likes

Good luck!! I’ve wanted to give hydro a shot soon, maybe this will be the inspiration I need. Do you have prior experience with the General Hydroponics line?

3 Likes

No I’ve been in soil using fox farm nutes. The GH is WAY cheaper, so thats a bonus. This will be my first DWC run. Not trying to make it up as i go along, so I’m following a DWC guide from a guy who uses GH products. Figured I’d give it a shot, I’m really looking forward to the quick veg time.

4 Likes

Right on man, I’m just gonna sit back and watch the show :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I would encourage you to try it. I was stand offish about then the great peeps of og convinced to challenge ones self. Happy I did! Been a great learning experience. The growth rate is nuts by the way.

1 Like

@anon80727880 well I hope it doesn’t disappoint

@shaggy450r thats what I hear ! Any pointers along the way are appreciated, cheers!

1 Like

GH nutes are nice for the price. Are you running their entire line or doing a modified formula like heads? My one word of warning with GH, when I used to use them they had a ton of salt build up, so you are going to want to do a water rinse every month to month and a half to reduce the build up. Other than that, its a great nute line and using em in DWC gave me killer results! Cant wait to see how yours turn out.

• BD
2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!! The guide i am following recommends changing out the water in the buckets once you’ve recycled 100% of the original volume…

would i do the same with a water rinse? Fill straight water and then just add plain phd water until its been 100% recycled?

Mind if I pull up a log, and put my weiner in the fire? Hehe!
I am in the final weeks(s) of a Blue Cookies from a different source. Grew my 2girls in fox Farms happy frog. Will be interesting to see how much different the two breeds and different grow method. Watching, growmie!

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by! Did you put up a diary for the soil BC grow?

Indeed I have.
BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log
Actually started the Log in the middle of the grow, but it was updated at least weekly and has other things I was experimenting with like using Home made Colloidal Silver to resverse sex on the females to make female pollen to make feminized seeds.
This grow still have 1-2 weeks to go. Come check out my grow log. I have already popped my seeds and made clones for my next grow.

1 Like

Thursday the 28th Jan - 7 days from seed

TENT SETUP

• 4’ X 7’ (ish)
  • 1000w MH/HPS in a tube with a 10" fan drawing air over it from a carbon filter and exhausting outside the room
  • 8" monkey fan blowing air around inside the tent
  • two 4inch fans, one for intake and one for exhaust of the tent
  • Scrog net and DWC buckets

STARTING BUCKETS

• been soaking the stones(grow medium and air stones) in water for a few days, pulled them out and gave them a good rinse to wash off residue

• drilled small holes just below the top of the bucket on the side for the air lines and plumbed everything in

• filled the buckets to just below the top with water so that bottom of rockwool cubes are submerged

• added 4ml each of GH bloom micro and gro

• adjusted PH to 5.5

• placed lid with net pots about 1/3 full of stones(just below water level)

• placed rockwool seedlings and filled around and over with more stone

• put humidy dome over them, my home humidity is currently at 15%, humidifier getting installed on my furnace on Monday so that’ll fix that issue up.

And we’re off!!

5 Likes

I started the Log actually in a different thread called
Blue Cookies Placed on 12/12 Cycle
Nothing before that. Check that one out too.

1 Like

A little worried today, after just about 24hrs in the buckets the girls are looking pretty yellow. Ph is still good. Temps and humidity are good (20 c 59% humidty). Yellow usually associated with nute def. Which at only being 8 days from seed i can’t see it being.

Maybe a bit of shock from going into the water initially. If I don’t see a change in another 24hrs I’m going to bump up the ppm slightly.

4 Likes

whats the conductivity on those girls?

2 Likes

Hi Joe, EC just measure at 0.3 and yah I guess thats way too low lol. Going to bring up to a 0.8 to.1.0 immediately.

1 Like

sounds good!

1 Like

20hrs after bumping up the nutes to .8 and no change of color or growth. Total bummer, not sure what is wrong at this point. Gunna crack a cpl more seeds tonight and try again I guess :frowning:

This is one of my seedlings at EC 1.2, you don’t see any change at all on yours?

1 Like

No growth no color change unfortunately. They still feel soft and they are still standing up. Not dried out or brittle. Just not growing or changing at all since I put them in the bucket around 40 hrs ago.

3 Likes