Buddertons Tomfoolery

Or an old motel, with 30 rooms to play in. :grin:
I’ve sampled the two phenos I got to the finish line and liked them bolth but I liked that one enough to keep it around. Actually, cuts of both are in the cooker room, about to get some Giraffe Puncher on them in a couple weeks. I’ll hash some out while smoking a joint and report the results in the next few days.:+1:
I’m more looking forward to how it mixes with the stuff I find after the Chem/Diesel hunt this winter. And the Cobra Lips as well. Equatorials are put off till next summer, when it’s hot out.:v:

13 Likes

That’s great. Looking forward to hearing more.

30 room motel sounds perfect!

7 Likes

I thought the same thing when I read that! What a missed opportunity, a tourist island, a pandemic, shitty economy and a ton of empty motel rooms w/owners desperate to keep the bankers away! On second thought…Nah, I’m too old fo’ that shit! Gotta be within walking distance from my living room or I’m not interested! :rofl:

Lookin’ good Mikey! Seen your indoor and all I can say is, “Don’t stress over your couple outdoor seeds”, you got plenty of fire seedless to cover your ass!

Neem oil - Seem to remember that there’s a warning NOT to use Neem oil and Diatomaceous Earth at the same time! There’s a reaction between the oil & DE that’s pretty detrimental to the plants. Hmmm, seem to remember there’s something else that also reacts adversely w/Neem oil. Check up! (If the discussion on Neem was in a previous thread I just read, just ignore me…early morning tester’s fault! :rofl:)

:call_me_hand:

9 Likes

Even though it’s the only male in the flower room, I still can’t bring myself to letting it fling everywhere. Bagged up before flowers open. They’ll get down in the shower, as per usual. :grin::peace_symbol:

20 Likes

Hey @Budderton
Excuse me for butting in here. I was wondering about the bags you use for isolating your boys. I assume it is plastic. I was wondering how long the plants can stay in the plastic. I am sure the humidity in there is 99%. Plus probably lacking a bit of light. Just thinking out loud, trying to analyze. I want to do something similar I think.

6 Likes

Hey @BigMike55 .
The sides of the bag is made of sheets of packaging papper. It’s light and breathable, but contains pollen. Only the top is clear plastic to allow light it and give me a view of the state of the flowers. I have a more detailed thread describing my process as well as ideas and input about alternative materials to making the bag and methods used by other members. :grin::v:

17 Likes

10 Likes

Almost @Slick1 .
download

16 Likes

Dude! @Budderton the cuts in a fridge method worked! Even after being wrapped in a wet towel all that time. I was ready to chuck the cuts of the male PKxUHP because they were looking really rough like they weren’t gonna make it, but damned if I didn’t go down there today and 3/4 were pushing roots from thier plugs! Your method has just saved my ability to do a seed increase on this line after I prematurely killed that male and then realized the pollen I saved wasn’t viable, a million thanks dude, definitely gonna use this in the future!

20 Likes

That’s awesome! You can feel the excitement in your post about the method working. Made me happy

The giraffe puncher pictures are hilarious :joy:

7 Likes

Right on @LegsMahoney ! That’s awesome you saved your male! May your pollinations go well!
But I must say, I did not invent this method. I wish I could give credit, but I can’t remember the username. I read it on a RIU post a few years ago and adopted the process. I’m just passing the info along… :grin::peace_symbol:

13 Likes

Well thanks for sharing man, saved my bacon

5 Likes

Dirty Taxi F2 hash out… brought to us by @Emeraldgreen .
I used this much herb. Cured out a bit. Overall garlic/onion/body funk mixed with chemy OGness.

Light rub, this is everything past 145 microns. I didn’t clean out the bottom end because I think alot of the terps are there.(50microns to zero)

It all packed up to this. Gratuitous lighter shot…

And split open… sorry for the shitty phone pics.

It has a smooth Chem/Kush inhale and a kinda surprising earthy exhale. Buzz came on fast and strong but no paranoia. Nice mix of in your head and body relaxation. I feel like sitting through 3-4 hr of classic early 80s wrestling and yelling at the TV.:grin::peace_symbol:

29 Likes

Wow that looks great :blush:. It looks like it’s a good yield also, but that’s just a guess. Just looking at hash making myself.

Would this darken with age or maintain the blonde color?

Thank you @Budderton for all your tags and updates. I really appreciate it!

5 Likes

A piccy of the bottle toke rig would be nice !

3 Likes

It was. I never weigh anything but it was about 30-40 grams and came back around 7-10 so high teens and it was a fast rub.

Yep, to varying degrees. Especially if you seal it up and put in a dark, cool spot for a spell. :v:

5 Likes

I’m out and about right now, but it’s a bottle with a hole smash in the bottom. Kinda grimy looking. I’ll snap a pic when I get home.:+1:

8 Likes

So I was making some observations and starting to sort phenos in this seed batch and I figured I talk about branch angle. The angle the branch leaves the main stalk can be used as an identifier, much like leaf shape, internode spacing, and stalk diameter, while in veg. Meaning, you can use it, along with the other factors, to group pheno clusters in a seed batch.
Example: After they are harvested, all the nicest females had fat leafs with a short petiole, tight internode spacing, with a sharp branch angle. Now you can look for these physical traits in the brothers of the females you like, and have a bit of insight into what they might bring to a cross. Or seek out further females from the same batch. Branch angle, another tool to help sort pheno clusters.

Sharp branch angle. This plant will hold its flower closer to the main stalk and may not need support…

Relaxed branch angle.This plant will get out there and more then likely need support.

26 Likes

Well shit…

I looked through about a dozen Giraffe Puncher females from seed and had zero issues on the first run. Now, on the second run, cuts from 2 of the 5 I kept to make F2s have got weird in the worst kind of way. Nuts at wk 3. Ugh!
The first run was relatively stress free but the second run was exposed to low night time temps (5-7 C) for 2-3 nights. Or it could just be the clones wanna grow different than the seed mom. Good example of why you should run stuff a couple times before you make seed with it.
As a result there will be no punching of giraffes or anything else unfortunately. Project retired.

So it goes without saying, anyone holding those beans, I wouldn’t be hurt if you binned them. If you do grow them be careful. There is some nice ones in there for smoking, but I wouldn’t make seed with it.
I haven’t seen intersex problems in any of the Lemon Slush males progeny through a few different crosses so I’m guessing it may be inherited from the Baboon Wine female, though it never expressed weirdly. Or maybe it’s just the product of crossing two crazy polys. As the man in the chair says “That’s the way she goes” (TBP reference):thinking:
On a positive note, this allows me to move on the my next round of seed making. Hope it goes
Better.

26 Likes

Thanks for the heads up still I’d run them and keep a eye on them . Root bound will trip that also on some finicky plants .

5 Likes