Buddertons Tomfoolery

Nice @Purple_Drank604 ! Thanks for putting those to the test. Glad to hear they stayed true for you. Did they turnout on the sweet side or on the foul side?
:v::grin:

2 Likes

@Budderton 's beans…it’s in the genes! :boom::fire::herb::alien:

Presenting to you the first batch of Auntie Entity and Sour Taxi’s…:dove:

AE (@ 6+ weeks into 12/12):

Tallest AE (also gonna take the longest probably):

Shortest AE:

The in-between AE :joy::

I could definitely sense the Sour Taxi’s influence over the AE with its terps, but there’s a hint of lemon/citrus in the background. Nice fat colas with the last specimen. :bomb:

Sour Taxi’s (@ 5+ weeks into 12/12):

The smell is sour funk as the name explains. Absolute pleasure growing this strain. So much trichs on the fans already. :sparkles:

My phone camera detected the objects as “bouquet of flowers”. Couldn’t have been more appropriate. :ok_hand:t3:
Thank you @Budderton and @Emeraldgreen :green_heart::herb::v:t3::slightly_smiling_face:

34 Likes

Great update @iceman ! You’ve got it going on till the break of dawn over there! Thanks for showing them off so well. Yeah, that tall AE reminds me a lot of the A New Hope female I used in that cross and it took 13 wks but had superb effects.
:grin::v:

5 Likes

Very sweet kinda funny it has a fruit punch smell like very strong smell.

3 Likes

Right on @Purple_Drank604 , good to know. The GP females where a strange floral/gas and that SB male threw some sweet ones, some foul ones and some that where a blend of sweet and sour. I liked the sweet and sour ones the most. I hope they smoke as good as they look.

4 Likes

I took 6 clones of the golden papaya x sher breath # 3 and 6 of the Tropicana cookies x crunk boat . So going to give them the care they deserve. Should be fun . Thanks again for the awesome genetics.

4 Likes

A ring of re-veg hope.

A Terpgasim for Mrs Budders

And the Appy-centric parent stock is looking fairly uniform

:v::canada:

30 Likes

Its a great place to be @Budderton

7 Likes

Big zombie Squirrel Tail, with all it big fans burnt off, chugging along not giving a shit. Had to put it between two panels. Almost 19 wks under 11/13. Don’t lose hope on the ST @MissinBissin . The ones I’ve got didn’t really start going till 8-10 wks but when they did, they really took off. Even after I abused them pretty bad with too much N.

38 Likes

I’m loving this, whew she is a Beaut @Budderton. Thanks for the Poke, I’m pretty positive my Squirrel’s happy right where she is.

She’s definitely putting some Bulk on the Buds

What kind of Fragrances are you experiencing?

4 Likes

I’ve never grown anything like that. I’m curious tho. Those dead dry leaves, do you prune or just leave them there? Not try to not pick just curious if ya just LIFTA.

Grundle

3 Likes

Smells like a lemon Haze. There was a powdered coco background earlier but that seems to have faded to earthy/leaf litter in the back now. Who knows what it’ll end up like after a few months in the jar!

5 Likes

I have just left them because I’m lazy but I should remove them, as it’s a good spot for botrytis and WPM to take hold.

4 Likes

She looks awesome @Budderton ! At least taking this long she is helping with the trimming? She sounds wonderful except the year of flowering :joy:

4 Likes

For sure EG. If it take 3 times longer then an average hybrid but isn’t 3 times as good, is it really worth it to invest the time and energy?

7 Likes

That’s kinda how I view it. With that kind of investment it better be exceptional! The months cure for it to pop isn’t a great thing either :joy:, unless you need to sit on it than it’s great

5 Likes

Looks great brother!!!

2 Likes

It is quite a long haul I have to admit @Emeraldgreen (week 13 / 20 myself)

Seeing that physical Bulk is Not going to be a Problem with the Heirlooms, I’m throwing a Curve at my tent with a Few Autoflowers to help cover the corners… and justify the :zap:

2 Russian Tzar Bomba’s and a single Zamaldelica (autoflower x 3). Its the 4th morning in the cup of water for the Seeds, its time for some Dirt
[ we’ll see how the limited light (10.5/13.5) affects them, or me first ]

18 Likes

I think there’s value in these types, especially if you’re looking for a rare chemotype or terpine profile. But once you find what you’re looking for, I think it’s best combined with a faster flowering type and then worked towards those traits but with quicker flowering. Easier said than done. :grin:

Thanks @MyLittleGrundle , I appreciate your words of encouragement. :grin::v:

2 Likes

My personal experience is I get a better return running hybrid for the time. They generally weigh more. I’ve also read a few times that a long cure is needed for some of them to really shine. The bag appeal on heirloom has to overcome years of ig influence unfortunately.

How did the Cali O smoke for you? Did it keep the smell profile for you?

@Budderton that is how I see it myself.

Redline haze • rainbird I randomly put outside last season. Maintains haze smell profile, but faster with more density. One in the front resisting the septoria like a champ

11 Likes