Buddertons Tomfoolery

Try using an eye dropper to water when they are at the beginning of the seedling stage. I find that I prevents me from overwatering. Just a thought. :v:

I find using a spray bottle works ok for me when they are in seedling stage.

2 Likes

Posting this here. Has been great @Budderton …will give smoke report in a week or so.

3 Likes

Spotted a single seed…not sure what pollen hit it…but I say it’s a win…lol

17 Likes

Single seed?, it will be a female. Most likely autogamy.

6 Likes

Tapps was playing with a lot of reverse pollen he made and was doing pollinations in the general vicinity so most likely female. Hard to tell for sure if the plant made a nanner or was stray pollen.
:grin::v:

6 Likes

Same here. I use a small spray bottle with a bit of great white (or another beneficial microbe) added to the water.
Haven’t had one damp off in years (knock on wood! lol)

I soak the soil before planting the seed. Then just use the spray bottle for the first few weeks to a month or so.

These little guys are still being watered lightly with spray bottle only. They may get 1-2 normal waterings if the pot feels too light. But mostly just a misting with the spray bottle.

And once they hit this stage (or a little sooner) I switch over to more regular waterings, but still not frequent heavy waterings. I mostly use my pump sprayer to water at this stage.

@420noob this was one of the best purchases I ever made for my garden :arrow_down:

It makes it soo much easier to do light waterings, or only moisten the top layer of the soil. It also does an amazing job distributing the water evenly throughout the pots. Much less water waste. And you can even target certain areas of the pot/soil. Like after I transplant, I do the initial watering in. Then I use the pump sprayer the next time it needs water. But I only spray around the outside edge of the pot. To force the roots to grow out and search for water.

You still need to do periodic heavier waterings (which I do not use the pump sprayer for) to make sure the soil at the bottom of the pot is moist. You can do it with the pump sprayer but it just takes longer.

The Chaplin sprayer I bought was pricey, and well worth the money. But even a cheaper pump sprayer will work.
Definitely a nice tool to have.

10 Likes

Thank you sir!

3 Likes

have that Cobra Quiver and NOW going to run it very soon !!!

4 Likes

Everyone is talking solo cup challenge. What about shot glass challenge!? Feeling lucky, so I’m gonna run two in one shot glass! :sweat_smile:

Ok, truth be told, these MM x NH clones where lagging in the dome with no root showing so I stuck them in a shot glass on a shelf for a few days. They’ve since been separated and put in solos.
:v::canada:

32 Likes

This seems to be very true in my experience.

1 Like

Terpgasm, not sure how long in flower but a ways to go yet.

And here’s a pic of some far Sativas next to some far Indicas. I wonder what kind of progeny they’ll make?

33 Likes

Nice find, man! Sometimes those unexpected seeds turn out to be real gems. Keep us posted on how it grows!

3 Likes

Want to avoid leggy, stretched out seedlings? Get them close to the light. Want to avoid damping off? Use new or cleaned containers and fill your container close to full, not half full. The low spots create a low airflow area where the dampoff spores can thrive. Lots of airflow on them and don’t use a dome, baggie, clear cup on top of them. I have sprouted 1000s of beans and had plenty damp off but not many since I’ve adopted these practices, 20 yrs ago.

45 Likes

Morning @Budderton.
Hope you Have a great weekend.

Someone said Starting a Weekend with Biker Slush was a good way to Start.

I can only say Wow, they were Right on the Peso my Friend !!!

Great Tips on the Low-spot and Damping-off

4 Likes

A lil trick I employ on stretched seedlings if you encounter them:

I loop the stem back down into the medium & bury it. Careful not to kink the stem, it’s very easy to do if you have sausage fingers or something, lol :wink::joy:

12 Likes

Good tips!

That’s one reason why I still use t5 fluorescent lights for seedlings and young plants. I can get the light nice and close, plus I still say nothing gets plants to stack up quite like t5 fluoro’s do! (I’m old school. lol)

What wattage LED are those lights?

4 Likes

I was looking for something in the closet of the drying room and had to take a shot of the old mycology set up. I think I might fire this thing back up this summer. That’s a eucalyptus didgeridoo beside it, if anyone’s wondering.

:grin::mushroom::v:

14 Likes

I bet your neighbors love that :rofl:. Very beautiful but damn they are annoying.

3 Likes

Reminds me of country music

1 Like