Buddertons Tomfoolery

He buddy. Finally about to kick my Biker Slush out of Solos.

4 Likes

Tiger stripes I think

3 Likes

I’ve heard it called " mottled" before.

Right on @crownpoodle ! I have a bunch of the Biker Slush as seedlings right now, best of luck with your run!!

:v::grin:

7 Likes

FTI : here is a new thought on “Hollow Stalks”

— indicates that here is a “carbon” deficently (ref: rooted leaf.com)
---- have used the “hollow” in reference to “ripeness” of plant (when to harvest)
---- plant has used all available nutrients to up-take
– – always check the “hollow” when you harvest -( later harvest means a larger hollow)
Thoughts ???

3 Likes

I’ve also heard that it is from NLD places where they don’t grow fiber cultivars. One of my dla16s was hollow also. I do not believe it is from any deficiency. What I’m curious about are the possible growth rate differences.

3 Likes

Definitely Would make a nice Canna-flage pattern @LzBoy

Alright, where are all the Digital Artists?
Airborne Division could use a High-Flying Canna-Cammo

5 Likes

Yea !!! never heard of “girdling” (interesting read)

3 Likes

I think knowing how to read a pedigree is important if you wanna make decent beans. When I was a young man I learned about line breeding, in crosses and out crosses by studying old American Dog Breeders Association pedigrees. I liked the fact that you could see the decisions and the direction the breeder was trying to go. I apply many of those principles to cannabis and enjoy charting out the lineage of what I’m doing. If you know how to read it, you’ll understand my intentions, example:

The female is always on top, with cannabis pedigrees, opposite of dog pedigrees, where the stud is always on top.
:v::canada:

35 Likes

can’t beat CSI genetics – popping their Chem 91 and if it’s a good as their Chem D - they have another winner. TK S1’s sure does sound interesting

3 Likes

Great stuff _ It’s always great to see the genetics make-up of a strain - I use “Seedfinders.eu” for reference when picking what strain/genetics to run next

5 Likes

Did you guys know. … you can wipe the stripes off of a seed :man_shrugging:t2: like literally it just wipes right off. I believe that marking occurs because that’s where the stigma (what we refer to as the pistil or “hairs”) touches the seeds while they are developing.

Try it, it won’t hurt the seed :wink:

@Budderton i also found it cool, weird and also very useful when i found out canna breeding is quite similar to dog breeding in regards to how it’s tracked, and funny enough sometimes looking for the same traits (tall or short, powerful, perhaps color) :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

I’ve got five TK s1 seedlings started and actually they are slow and runty, compare to the TK S1 x Biker Kush, going along side. I had a bitch of a time with the TK S1s, first go around. Good finished product though!
:v::grin:

11 Likes

Do you see much of the TK in the TK/BK cross?

3 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of stuff that descends from classic OG Kush types and it all looks very much the same so far, just varying degrees of vigor.

6 Likes

WoW !! the genetics of TK are ? are we talking about a indica dominate genetics ? If so might be slow !!

3 Likes

That’s the million dollar question. The Triangle kush that reportedly came from Florida. Perhaps the mother of all OG Kush.
Probably more an inbred depression thing. Tk was an accidental s1 supposedly, so the CSI offering is at least an s2, in reality.

8 Likes

Here’s a couple of Meat Breath S1 in early flower. Just about ready to accept some Sherb Breath f2 pollen.
Thanks for the seed @Wizdom , I hope things brighten up for you.

:v::canada:

33 Likes

I agree with this dog pedigree thing, I go into it a few times on these forums

Pedigree and selection matters

As for TK

I went over this recently with @Shevchenko and now I add this

Triangle Kush and OG Kush , both seeds made in south Florida in 1991 in the same garage of Marty. The mother was called Emerald Triangle (in our circle from around ‘87) and that garage was stuffed wall to wall with it , A pack of Hindu Kush seeds that I bought from Neville , Amsterdam in 1989

neville’s hindu kush (Kush4 x NL2) x emerald triangle according to origins_tk_ogk who created the seeds by mistake in 1989.

And so, major influence from: TK in FL and (OG) kush in LA

BUT keep in mind! Matt berger said “bubba kush” is a hybrid of “bubba” (nl/afghani?) And og kush (triangles sister)

Further more, there were hindu/afghan kushes being passed around in this time

Some like LAPK and suge, more of an afghan influence…

The White, also, didn’t come from this pedigree directly… more likely from Emerald Triangle or a sister

I’ve talked to this often, sometimes with @HolyAngel or others…

Furthermore, I believe what I’ve heard about Tahoe OG being a chem 91 s1, and legend og being some sort of chem hybrid?

So it’s not all necessarily going back to TK or its sister, but it’s a HUGE influence in this specific gene pool

Bubba kush, loompas headband, ghost, sfv, irene, Larry, it’s all related to TK or its sister

It’s why a lot come out the same… but selection and pedigree matters!

7 Likes

RIP @Shamus he had a big mouth but he knew his kush

4 Likes

Speaking of seedfinder, someone completely changed what was written for Triangle Kush on there in the last year or so. Now it describes a completely different plant.

6 Likes