Buddertons Tomfoolery

Thanks @Abbbian . Looking forward to making selections for F2s on theses ones!:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Mr Budderton this was a lovely journey! I love finding new(to me) growers on this site, totally love how important the terps are to ya with growing. The aromas are one of the best parts of our favorite plant! Keep up the amazing work! Oh and glad I could witness the auto cherry pop! Autos are fun! They’re sneaky little bastards full of surprises lol

6 Likes

Hey @Dalorean , nice to meet you. Thanks for your encouragement! I’m glad you’re here. Lots of tomfoolery to be had, to be sure!,:grin::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Pleasures all mine! I only have 2 full grows under my belt, threads like yours and so many more here are invaluable! Continue on

3 Likes

So when I’m pheno hunting and don’t want to hold copies of everything and don’t want to rely on a re+veg, I hold cuts in the fridge for 6-8wks. If you take them right before you put the donor plant into flower, by wk 6-8 you should know which ones you are interested in and you can pull the corresponding cut out of the fridge and root it up. Saves a bit of time and resources, by not rooting and holding copies of things you’ll never grow.:grin::peace_symbol:

37 Likes

Love this! What’s the success rate look like for rooting? I.e. how many cuts do you take of each plant to hedge your bets that you can get a cut to root ?

5 Likes

@Budderton fantastic tip man for the cuttings! I’m definitely going to try it, I too would love to hear how your success rate is ? Seems like a super smart way to manage your library :facepunch:

4 Likes

That’s awesome advice , thanks for sharing this ! Great way to effectively utilize your resources :sunglasses: @Budderton

4 Likes

I use the lowers I clean off right before the donor plant goes to flower, about 3-4 cuts per. Cut extra long, with a bit of extra foliage as well. When ready to root, re-cut the stem as normal and soak for at least 4-6 hours before you go to cubes.
Success rate depends on how and how long they’ve been stored. At 6-8 wks, stored well, I get around 80%. I’ve heard of guys going 10-12 wks and still having good success rates. This way you can smoke test a little before you clone, important if your selecting for effect.

19 Likes

They’ve been soaking overnight and are starting to wake up. I’ll put theses in rock cubes this afternoon and proceed as normal. :grin::peace_symbol:

22 Likes

@Budderton cheers man that’s really helpful I’m definitely trying this one :+1:

4 Likes

i love this dude, im gonna give this a try next pheno hunt (small one in the works currently, kinda) ive been burying myself in clones lately trying to hold things for selection, this could really change the game for me.

3 Likes

I’ll just add to the chorus of great idea. It’ll definitely help with pheno selection and space

4 Likes

Hell, I’m gona start doing that, storing cuts in the fridge! Another friend mentioned doing that. Seems like a nice time and space saver, as opposed to popping a new seed each time!

6 Likes

Seems like it’s probably good practice to write a date in the bag right? Haha

3 Likes

Yep. I keep a calendar with all my notes on it. It helps keep track of weeks for me.:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Some outdoors bw x nycc and giraffe puncher. I didn’t dig up the tags, so not sure what’s what atm.

)

15 Likes

Nice and healthy little guys! Are you planning on making seed? Hence the males? I’m sure the two would cross into each other nicely @Kcity87 .:grin::peace_symbol::+1:

5 Likes

At 4 1/2 wks in, this is Dirty Taxi F2 . It came out of seed from @Emeraldgreen . Terps still developing, but general dankness coming off this one.

This one’s a Biker Slush, same amount of time. Faint fruit/floral right now. I’m shooting for fruit/gas with heavy sedation out of these.

27 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to make as much seeds as possible. I also have a bruce banner clone I want to hit with the bw x nycc pollen.

6 Likes