Buddertons Tomfoolery

Beautiful looking girls! As a reference, long internodes with rounded dense buds?
One of the things I always heard about sfv og and related kush is no tolerance
Can’t wait to see them plump up🤤

3 Likes

Sounds like a launch sequence lol
Looking good bro !

2 Likes

When you see young pistils that look like this(freshly pollinated) , you know it’s time to start looking for nut sacs in the neighborhood.:grin::v:

25 Likes

Never a fun search. How bad is it?

4 Likes

One little sac, tucked under a flower. I just took the whole branch off. Not bad at all. That was the only flower showing early pollination, in the room. I’m keeping close eye on this hunt. With Sour D, Chem and Cookies, you’ve got to expect this type of thing. I’ll still grow that cultivar out and if it’s really good , I’ll see how it’s clones behave. :grin::v:

11 Likes

Sounds like a solid plan. I’ve kept some hermi prone stuff myself in the past always depends on how bad it herms.
What had the nut?

4 Likes

SD x DT#6. One out of 16 or 17. Not unexpected at all, given the genetic makeup . Hopefully it’s not the best one but if so, the clones often run cleaner then the seed plant. I won’t use it to make more seed though.:grin::v:

8 Likes

You know that makes me laugh. Hopefully not the best one :joy::joy:. They are about 3 weeks?

4 Likes

Yep. Just about 3 weeks. :grin:

5 Likes

Like clockwork. I’d would have been astounded if none of them popped out a nut or two. Especially considering the genetics.
They did have a really high female ratio of I’m remembering correctly.

4 Likes

Yep. 16♀️ 3-4♂️ off the top of my head. The majority are tall stretchers, with big internode spacing.

6 Likes

I prefer that kind of structure and growth. That is an amazing ratio.
Are you running led?

4 Likes

Yep. Those are under an old Spider Farmer panel. Around 450 watts, with no external dimmer.

4 Likes

I’m trying led out. I’ve been having some issues getting them to preform. I’m guessing it has to do with the humidity and vpdf chart. My buds are soft at 4 weeks. Does this sound correct with my thought process?

3 Likes

I was a 1000 HPS guy for years then switched to LED in 2017. Definitely a learning curve. I found it best when I run the room on the hot side, 28 to even 30 C lights on at around 40% rh. The led lack the UV to increase leaf temps and open the stoma to transpire . Slow transpiration = Slow nutrient uptake=Slow growth.
Not sure about the fluffy buds. Could be not enough PPF, but I doubt that, with modern led. Perhaps it’s genetics. Is it a clone you’ve grow under hid and had better results?

3 Likes

Reading your message, I have to say cold temperatures is probably the issue at this point. Im guessing mid 60s. I’ll need to get a thermometer over there and start tracking it.
Thank you
Just did the conversion. Those temps are much warmer than I have ever wanted. I ideally wanted to be in the 20-23 degrees Celsius

5 Likes

Yep. Running HID you don’t want to be that high, without CO2, or the plant will shut down and stop growing. With LED they need the higher temps to get that transpiration engine going. It took me awhile to get use to that and I struggled at lower temps but read some Blackdog research and had better success at higher room temps.

8 Likes

Thank you for the link. Off to learn more

4 Likes

Golden Papaya Crunkboat update

30 Likes

Right on @CanuckistanPete ! That’s a beautiful cannabis plant! Looks like it’s got a ways to go still. How many weeks in? Any smells coming off it yet?:grin::v:

3 Likes