Budmeisters Grow Box Diaries

Much appreciated bro, good to hear! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also… another Newbie bit of info… I just realised you can switch both Veg and Bloom switches on together… however Il probably only do that when i put her into flower later on and just leave the Veg on for veg growth!!

5 Likes

Yep both blue and red are needed for the full spectrum. I’ve heard people use both right throughout the grow cycle.

3 Likes

Personally I would get your baby’s used to the LED light ( maybe a week or two) and then turn it on full bright you’ll get maximum growth speed with more light they will be fine with the more full Spectrum the better :+1:

5 Likes

A little update!! My extra Dehumidifier arrived today…

I’m returning it because i tried it on with the tent completely closed off and although it kept humidity at okish levels the temp just kept increasing and i think the humidity would have went into danger zone eventually with no ventilation at all…

the best results will probably come from keeping the tent unzipped a touch early veg then when it starts to give off that beautiful scent that we all know and love, il just close it up and turn on the exhaust ( I tested it today with the carbon filter and it absolutely did the trick… humidity was 40-50% and temps at a nice steady 25c

Happy days! il post some update pics soon!

Ohhh and do you think she’s ready for a very small feeding yet!?
She’s getting half a gallon every 24 hours appx. Is that too much for her in her 3 gallon pot?

Drainage seems well and the run off ph a steady 6.2 which has been consistant for the last 3-4 days
No signs of any drowning over feeding or any baddies yet!

PS I’m only allowed to reply every now and again because im new! lol hopefully that changes soon

6 Likes

Just keep replying when you can and using your likes and you’ll get there.

And probably wouldn’t hurt to start a small dose feed schedule and then ramp up as they grow

5 Likes

Ok she is onto her 3rd true set of leaves and looking healthy i just watered her so tomorrow the first dose nutrients shall begin :slight_smile:
I will try to aim for the 400-450ppm range drain off is good!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG. You will find a huge amount of helpful info here. Just keep in mind that everyone has their own style of growing, you will find yours after learning basics. Again. Welcome. Have fun. Get ripped.

7 Likes

Here she is tonight :smiley: last water feed before a 3 course meal tomorrow!

12 Likes

Good afternoon all… approaching feeding time for today! this will be her first feeding of 3 part
should i keep the cal mag in too?

also i believe she is on her 3rd set of leaves which is bang on in the middle there… They are super tight together with not much stretch do you recommend I raise the light a touch?

Thanks

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Here she is after the first feeding!! I hope its a SHE anyway feminised Shaman from Dutch Passion…
Too early to tell on the last pic??

8 Likes

From Bud to Bud :heart_eyes: :green_heart: :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Looks fine!! As far raising and lowering the light, I’m more a set and forget it type of grower.
And, please be careful, our worst enemy, early on in learning this plant, do not love it to death.
Give it some time and space, allow the normal cycle of life to happen. Water/feed/time, and repeat!!
Best to ya!

4 Likes

in veg humidity has a lot more wiggle room when growing. once you start getting buds developed in flower humidity control need to be in place. if you bud above 60% humidity you run the risk of powder mildew or the real bad stuff called bud rot. some even say keep no higher than 55% for flower. the reason humidity spikes when light go off is because warmer air [lights on] can hold more moisture than cold air can. so lights goes off air cools humidity spikes. welcome and wish you the best of times with the grow.

5 Likes

I think she liked her meal everyone! Happy first time grower over here!

5 Likes

Yeah maybe its honey moon period for me but defiantly feels beter leaving it alone then when you look again you see the differences i think for now i just check in more frequent to 100% dial in on the environment.

4 Likes

from budweiser to budmeister :wink:

1 Like

Lovely and healthy tonight!! Sorry in advance for all the newbie spam… as you can appreciate its my first plant so im extra chuffed about it!! whilst it may be light work to you all… I’ve studied hard to even get this far!

I will follow this through with the best care as possible before doing white widow next time round…

Any help or advice would be welcomed as usual thanks from the UK!!

6 Likes

looking fantastic @Budmeister! your plant is looking very happy and healthy, congratulations.

i would not raise your light unless your plant is showing signs of light stress. if you’re able to dim your light, then you can actually lower your light while dimming it to give your plant a similar amount of light energy while using less electrical energy. at least that’s my understanding. how high is your light above your plant right now?

remember that these are just the first sets of leaves that your plant is sprouting forth. as more leaves grow, your plant will add height and things should start to stretch more.

i don’t think plants will show their gender until at least a few weeks into growth, so i think it’s still too early to sex.

can i ask why you chose shaman as your first strain to grow? the first grow is such a momentous one, so i’m curious why people pick what they do. also any reason you’re growing just the one plant?

thanks for sharing and i look forward to watching you become a true budmeister!

oh, one thing to add: i generally agree with the leave it alone advice, although as a new grower there have been one or two things i’ve caught because i have been vigilant and just tend to stare at my babies for long stretches of time. but there were issues which i was worried about that have sort of settled themselves out over the days. so i think it’s a fine balance. i think observe a lot at first so you can learn, but take time before doing anything because you could make it worse.

and don’t feel bad about sharing at all. at the very least, this is a journal that you can come back to in the future and remember notes on your plant or about your process. so it can be important that you do document, if you are so interested in documenting. also, lots of future growers can learn from the mistakes that we make, even if they are common or easily made/fixed mistakes.

5 Likes

What a great comment. Firstly thank you for the great advice. My light doesn’t have dimming unfortunately but I’m glad you mentioned it’s still very early and only on its 3rd set of true leaves ( this comment is relevant to my studying of FIM and topping tonight )

I’m in the UK and just starting out. I chose shaman due to its robust and forgiving characteristics as an outdoor plant and figured maybe it would be a good starter for my indoor 2x2 tent.

I also have white widow feminised and this shaman was a feminised seed too!

Again, thanks for your input and help il be sure to post regular updates throughout my journey.

:+1::seedling::metal:

4 Likes