Bugs be gone! Help!

Yes these are bad boys

I have those too and for the same reason, Pines and Box Elder trees. that is what is in the first photo and is all I thought I had, until today.

2 Likes

Need to clear cut away from your home and change the pH in the soil. This won’t stop them, but it will slow them down.

99%

My PH outside? I have been reading since they where ID’ed. MSU and the Mass article from @Muleskinner gave me agree with the USDA, I’m screwed. They started in PA in the 1990’s and hit MI in 2010 and are moving North and into Canada already. I have pans of soap water under every light. I already sealed up around utility opening trying to keep out the “good” stink bugs. I also cut all the trees down within 30 feet of the house and it didn’t slow them down.

I don’t have any vegetation near the house but this describes my house perfectly, it must be irresistable to them:

They are particularly attracted to buildings that receive a lot of sun or have light-colored siding.

I use paper to corral them into a drinking glass to move them back outside

I just replaced the wood siding with light colored vinyl a couple years ago hoping to keep out the “good” ones. It says they can get under siding and in attic & dryer venting so we had them put in a ridge vent with screen.

Damn little shits. Wondered why the hurkle was losing leaves. They must smell sweeter than WW.

Leaving soapy water under the sink light and filled with soapy water. I got one in the veg tent and one in the sink last night.

I squish them and flush them in tp.

don’t they release an odor that way? I was afraid to crush them for that reason

Sorry to hear.

Was thinking there might be a way to keep them off of the building, but that does not appear to be an option.

:disappointed:

1 Like

This from the man that thinks the Skunkier the better weed :joy:

Yes, I catch them in tp gently and flush them in the main house. I just catch and squish when they are in the MIL apartment and hold my breath.

1 Like

I finally got to see what was going on with the plants and it isn’t good;

I am in flower what do I do now? I only got photos as seeing something move and plucking a popcorn bud off the bottom and holding it with tweezers.
I had a tent full of ladybugs after having sprayed with neem, cleaned the tent and sprinkled DE on the bottom of the tent. Also two batches of these;
Live Neoseiulus Amblyseius Cucumeris and I though these are what I had seen before, I thought. This is the first time I saw spots.

1 Like

I see @legalcanada recommended Method1 in @ReikoX Are these mites or something else?

1 Like

I am sorry G-Pas.

These are a problem, especially going forward.

How far from harvest are you?

A while on the Monkey’s

Thing is, the longer they are in business, the more difficult it will be for you to get rid of them. Where in your house are they? Are they limited, or spreading throughout? :fearful:

1 Like

but what are we looking at 99?

2 Likes

They are in the flower tent. Started with the 2 short hurkle, in the middle of the tent. Than the plants on each side started. I don’t see any webbing.

Mites. Mites that are not easily gotten rid of. They lay eggs everywhere.

I would take very drastic action, and I would not concern myself with the current harvest.

These critters will plague your grow area permanently.

Clear the zone, use miticide on all surfaces. clean thoroughly and then paint all surfaces if possible.

are they spider mites? I see two spots but they don’t quite look like spider mites - are there any white spots on the leaves? webbing? are the bugs congregated on the bottom side of the leaves?

1 Like

i know the dreaded Borg are spotted mites, although i’m not sure if this is them @G-paS or the beneficials you previously released… @Egzoset previously vanquished the Borg and might be able to visually identify… Method-1 PPS is supposedly very effective against mites and safe to spray during flower, i sprayed up until a week before harvest although it wasn’t very effective against thrips

edit: heres pics of The Borg

here’s picture of Neoseiulus Amblyseius Cucumeris

1 Like

it doesn’t look exactly like the dots on the borg but i also didn’t find any pics of the beneficials with 2 dots… if you aren’t seeing any leaf damage/webbing etc i’d guess they are beneficials… with that many if they were spider mites i’m sure you’d be seeing damage like so:

1 Like