Bugs be gone! Help!

I used almost the whole gallon. 4 flowering plants, 4 tomatoes (going to harden and put out now.) 8 seedlings. I saw some thing in the soil but the look like beneficial I let go or young SM. What ever got sprayed so dead now…
I have the Hurkle down so just the 2 GM in the flowerer tent. They should have been taken down last week when frostier. Those sugar leaves got attacked.

1 Like

Keep up the fight. Spray again in three days to get those freshly hatched eggs. You got this. Spray the tub of soil you have too.

1 Like

Sprayed With Method-1 twice now. Can I rotate with neen oil or something else.

1 Like

Yeah, you can alternate.

1 Like

it’s a good idea to alternate with 2 or 3 things so they don’t build up a tolerance. idk anything about neem but if it kills spider mites use it, idk if i’d use in flower tho doesn’t it smell terrible

2 Likes

Yes, and it’s an oil so it will dissolve your trichomes.

What can I use on the 2 flower plants? I saw in and old tread you used @ReikoX something else too and I have read thru it twice now. I think is was 4 letters/numbers?
Going back to try again.

1 Like

Yikes! Those stink bugs may actually be a good thing. They’ll prob eat the mites instead of the plants.

Fugggg those mites! Dish soap, hot sauce, h2o2, and water may help.
But dang…
I’m sorry that’s happened

Probably LAB (Lactic Acid Bacteria) I don’t think that did anything. The sugar water someone suggested didnt.do much either.

I was checking out he Avid and Forbid. Avid sounded familiar so did some digging. The active ingredient in the avid is abamectin. So I researched Abamectin. It us used as an antibiotic and miteiside. I have Ivemection I use on the goats and have two bottles getting old. The vet said it was still good just need to use 125%. In the past I have diluted this for the babies and given all goats orally. Than It came out injection was metabolized better.

I wonder if I could use it in the dirt

Hydrogen Peroxide? Do you mix it and foliar spray and/or put on soil.

what yur doing is good, if u just have a few plants that yur depending on, then u have to keep spraying them…its a constant fight, you just have to stay vigilant. The best you can do is control them in the flwr area, and hopefully prevent them from getting to your veg plants… sprays can keep mites in check, but wont totally eradicate them for good.

i havent tried Forbid, but if it works, I think it’ll be a good tool to have, as a last resort for salvage purposes…

For larger gardens, the only sure-fire way that I know to get rid of mites, is to scrap the entire garden. throw away all plants and medium. scrub everything and room top to bottom with h2o+h2o2 +bleach. Beethoven and then dont grow for at least 2 weeks after.

U could try dip/drench some branch tips in neem or chrysemum oil or something, a bunch of times over a several days, and try and get one shoot u can clone that’s mite-free… then from that one clone, u save yur genes…

If u have time and money to burn, then you can remove the really bad plants, trim and prune the remaining ones. flip off yur HIDs, hang some flor shoplights, and cut off ventaltion. bomb the heck out of yur room with Beethoven and hang a ton NPS… you’ll still have some issues,like eggs surviving a hatching later on; it’ll be a constant battle no matter what, unless u 86 the whole garden…

the possibility of shit-canning a run at any given moment during summer, is why its best to keep duplicate genes in multiple locations. u can do this on a small scale and even in the same building… yur couple of plants flowering in a closet, along with yur veg plants, at one end of the house, and a few backup clones under a cheap 9w led in a cupboard or something at the opposite end…

2 Likes

@deep_rob Thank You so much for taking the time to post this. With the help and generosity of this board, I have seed from these grows. I have never cloned or will until I find what help with our medical issues.

After I hopefully get thru this I can 86 and clean for the summer.

3 Likes

My new friends to get me thru the grows.

and

No photos of nematodes yet.

5 Likes

Mantids are fun to have in the grow room but they are terrible for controlling spider mites.

That is why I also added ladybug, Beneficial Nematodes and Predatory mites. I want something for everything. :beetle::bug::ant::spider_web:

3 Likes

I’ve been messing around with various house bugs and some diatomaceous earth and the stuff is pretty cool to watch it messes up smaller bugs badly. Did a perimeter dusting of my room and around my pots, might even add some to topsoil next time it dries out.

Might help with keeping them fromoving around.

I had bleach the whole tent for nanners. Than I put DE around the perimeter of the tent. I replaced the floor liner and made another perimeter of DE and lightly cover the floor. I got the mites anyway and I grow from seed.

1 Like

Only had to deal with an infestation once, glad to hear you knocked em out, stay vigilant!

1 Like

beneficial mites kinda creep me out… aren’t you going to end up smoking them? i’d probably wash my buds at harvest

1 Like