Bullskinners Redemption 2021: Journal of a Poor Dirt Farmer

Well after hunting those mushrooms I realized I had forgotten about my seeds. I had mushrooms on my brain and had a friend heading back to Texas I sent all the bagged mushrooms with leaving Saturday morning.

I dang near waited to long. But the all look good. I ended up with 100% on the 10 GGDP and the 5 Space needle. I also dropped 10 BC Pinewarp and 8 of them have popped.they have made it in the dirt and most are up

8 Likes

I also received a letter in the mail. I cannot figure out who it’s from. I’ve searched my DMs and still no clue. My memory is shit and I’ve done several trades here lately. I came out of Cali. Anyone recognize these?

I think a few of the seeds may be fine but several are cracked or just destroyed. Not sure of the strain

6 Likes

And the garden is coming to life. I have potatoes and onions coming up. The next month is going to be a busy one. I’ve got a lot of holes to dig in still

7 Likes

Ouch, that hurts to look at bro.

On the upside, your garden is looking good so far.

2 Likes

Thank you Sir, yeah those seed did not fair well, not figured out what strain it is yet, but I’m sure they are something I asked for and I really appreciate whomever sent them, I just hate it when they arrive smashed. I think we need a tutorial on how to ship seed. 2 of my last 5 shipments have had cracked seed and I hate it when good seed get ruined

2 Likes

There is a thread about using coin flips.

3 Likes

Nice and Thanks for posting. I have just switched from vials to coin flips and hose washers. It was over $4.00 to ship the vials in a padded envelope. I can do the coin flips for the price of a stamp.

5 Likes

I would still recommend shipping non machineable. It’s 15 cents more, but piece of mind when the seeds avoid the rollers all together.

2 Likes

Agreed but I really like the idea of just dropping them in the box. In a small town where I live, with the laws in my state I have to keep a low profile…not cause any suspicion. I went to school and am friends with the post master and the guy who does the transaction.

3 Likes

Everything looked great when I saw it. I just like the added protection, and I’m in a legal state. That makes a difference.

I grew up in a small town, I get that.

2 Likes

The JOTI beans are all breaking ground and shedding the helmets. I’m going to run Blackberry Breath, Gods Grand Double Purple and Space Needle outdoors. Plus I have some BC Pinewarp courtesy of@Donnie coming up.

Here are my clones. They are all looking good. I’ve got another 6 Cookieland from @Purple-N-Hairy I’m going to drop. I hope to run it close to home in pots. I think it will probably need to bring the in once they really start to swell due to mold. Then I will be done popping seed until I start the autos.

11 Likes

ezgif-7-3d880d4b737c

8 Likes

Glad to have you along for the show Sir

3 Likes

Hammered the mushrooms agian today, I didn’t take pics yesterday but found about 2/3 a bread sack. Yellows are up good. Rain and 80° Wednesday will probably pop what’s left and it will be over

14 Likes

Mighty impressive sir. That’s experience there.

2 Likes

Thanks @Badger, Hunting the same 1000+ acres for 50 years helps. All of the last mess came off of dead red elms. I cover a lot of ground in the bottoms looking for those dead elms. I literally go from tree to tree hardly looking down between trees. I want those elms that are just starting to slip the bark in the top of the limbs, if it is slipping on the trunk I should have been there last year.
A lot of my early mushrooms came out of set aside fields that where mowed with a brush hog last fall. They where full of small cottonwood trees and I have picked pounds out of those fields. I’m sure that’s why they are there. I never pass a dead cottonwood or a fresh cut stump, sometimes one stump will produce pounds

5 Likes

I did a lot of work Tuesday. Hauled in approximately 250 gallons of aged sheep manure. It is the from cleaning out a barn with about 10 years build up of manure, hay and urine. All pushed into a big pile outdoors. I dug in deep and got the good stuff

8 Likes

That’s gonna grow some good stuff man. I need to find a good source of local, composted manure.

2 Likes

Worked about 20 holes with several more to go. I need to go back to them all and add more organic fertilizer soon and let the animals do their digging before I plant. 20 days from now I can start moving plants out… excited about this year, can’t wait

8 Likes

No doubt. That looks like a nice, secluded spot.

2 Likes