Bullskinners Redemption 2021: Journal of a Poor Dirt Farmer

She was just trying to feed you man. She’s a keeper. You getting them chicks trained to good. Next thing you know she will be cooking it for you too

6 Likes

Did you give me some of the C99xppp cross? If so I still have them if you want them back.

1 Like

No but I would love to have them @Hoppy . Thought I got the ones I had from you. I only got 1 to germinate so yes,. I’ll run them outdoors. It should be an excellent outdoor cross. Good to see you here bud. I haven’t hardly left the farm…got the grandson turkey hunting this weekend. I’ll get by this week, hopefully we kill a bird in the morning and I’m done for a while

2 Likes

Anytime bro, roofing out by the winery during the day. Gove ya sone Freakshow too.

1 Like

Update day and there’s a lot going on down on the farm. I’ve got seed cracking, cuttings rooting, plants growing and the mushrooms are popping. Here are a few pics to get started

19 Likes

I’m doing a little house cleaning today. Going to get rid of some of the mother plants. They are pretty root bound and I need to make space. I have the clones off of them I need so in the wood stove they go.

They are-where a Blue Tare, Strawberry Goji, Sour and a Bionic Snowdawg
I also dropped 6 random of the JOTI Blackberry Breath. The ones everyone thought where too light in color to germinate. 5 of the 6 have cracked and have small tails and it looks like the last one is doing it’s thing also

12 Likes

Also changed water in my cloner. I’m going to be adding more cuttings later

8 Likes

2 JOTI Gods Bubba. I can’t tell sex on these yet. I think the one one the right is a female, not sure tho but with the luck I’ve been having they are both males. If I was looking for males I would be having a outstanding year

8 Likes

Here are two of the Bodhi Gorilla Ghani rooted females.

And these are Oregon Green Seed Bionic Snowdawg cuttings. I have all of them I need. This is a 60 day sativa. I had some finish at 55, 2 years ago. It’s not killer but works good to counteract my fentanyl patch

11 Likes

On top is my Bodhi Herrer Hashplant cuttings. I’m partial to this strain outdoors. It preformed well for me 2 summers ago and if my notes are right it finished November 7th.
The bottom 2 pics are a Bodhi GG4 X SSDD. I’ve never ran it, it should have descent mold resistance from the GG4

9 Likes

I’ve been smoking on Strawberry Goji all day. I’m having a bad pain day…damn cold front. Switching to some Blue Tara. The day ain’t all bad

12 Likes

Happy man right here. 10 for 10 on these JOTI Gods Grand Double Purple.

11 Likes

Wow you do have allot going on! I really like your cloner design. I may copy it. Where do you get the the sprayer things (I don’t know there proper name) you put in the pvc? A Rubbermaid is just to big for me. I find 5 gallon buckets seem to be the perfect size. Do you use some type of humidity dome? Or do you go commando? Lol.

2 Likes

Nice thread bro! I’ll be following along now.

You are a busy man for sure. Did you ever shoot a bird?

2 Likes

It is all homemade but works perfectly. I bought all the parts from Amazon except the pvc pipe and fittings. I bought net pots and cut the netting off to make the rings to hold the foam inserts. It is a simple project. I don’t remember the gpm on the pump but if you go to build one I’ll get that info for you. I also have a 24 site one but need to get a new water pump for it. It roots most strains in 6-12 days but of course some are more difficult. It work better for me than cloning in soil but I go from it to soil. I transplant when the clone just starts developing roots and they do just fine.

3 Likes

Well we kinda shot one…lol. The grandson and I bow hunted them for 3 mornings. We managed to call in 4 different gobblers to within 30 yards over the 3 mornings. The grandson is only 14 and he insisted on bow hunting. He was shooting 3 inch razor heads with the intentions of taking the head off. He only took one shot.
We had a gobbler come in behind the blind and gobble 100+ times at 20 yards with no shot. When he came by our blind his wing was brushing the side of the blind, I could have grabbed him without standing up. When the gobbler was at 10 yards he took the shot and hit the bird in the side. The feathers where like a shield with those big flat broadheads and the arrow bounced off of him and damn near hit the blind coming back. That bird had the grandson shaking awful, worst case of buck fever I’ve ever seen…lol. we had a great hunt even though we didn’t bring a bird home

4 Likes

That’s why it’s hunting, and not killing. There is a lesson to take home every time. It’s just great to get out. I’ve been fishing twice this year and haven’t caught a thing. I’ve just been glad to get out tbh.

3 Likes

@Badger I agree and tell that boy the exact same thing quite often. I haven’t been fishing yet but am going to wet a couple line’s soon. The crappie are coming into the shallows here. I’m sure the cold front shut them down some but here in a few days they should be hot. I love me some crappie fillets.
I’ll most likely shoot a turkey pretty soon. They are blowing the tops out of the trees behind my house. I open the door and listen to them every morning just haven’t felt like going. I’ve got a spot that when I hear one there it’s almost a sure thing. They fly down to a point on a ridge…I don’t even call if a bird is there, they hit the ground at the same spot every time. We’ve killed a lot of birds of that ridge in the last 30 years

2 Likes

I forget to answer about the humidity dome. Usually I don’t bother and they are just fine. I have had a little trouble in the dead of winter when my heat is running non stop and humidity is extremely low. I usually don’t even mist them, I do always water my mother plants well before taking cutting, that helps the first couple days. I have used cups over stubborn ones. Now that I’m thinking about it I do have a clear plastic container I think will fit it perfectly. It might help them root a little faster if I use it as they won’t have to work as hard to maintain the tops

2 Likes

I’ve been running all my seedlings under a dome, until they are all up and have shed their helmet. I haven’t had to perform surgery since I’ve done this.

I’ve never had crappie, but I hear it’s great. I keep threatening to hit the walleye around here, and haven’t come through yet. Juglining is just too easy.

1 Like