C&C (Red Lebanese hp x Puck hp) F2 Selections

What did I miss

Yes!! So happy you asked, was wondering if anyone is into the organic regenerative farming life! Leighton Morrison is great and where I started learning about orangics from in 2020! He has a lot of older podcast on the future cannabis project labeled living soil talks with a wide variety of guest and so much knowledge shared. Iā€™m happy to share whatever I know about it.

3 Likes

@Bearneff needs a few more people to pop some and have a look through, these were the ones Bob mentioned hold absolutely stellar examples in abundance! I was sick I never got a pack but I got redemption on the way. HP project ā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been wanting to get into living soil and the entire rabbit hole it entails for almost 2 years now. I just recently started acquiring inputs etc. so hopefully by summer I can grab a bed and give a 4 x4 a go, it just makes sense to me. Plus Iā€™ve ran almost every other method in the last 20 years and I just love the entire idea, itā€™s quite the bit of info to digest though thatā€™s for sure.

3 Likes

This current bed is horizonal mix. He can explain it much better then I but, bottom layer is a rock layer can stagger sizes, then filled with sand, then a silt and clay mixture, then your O horizon which is your normal super soil mix, then top layer is compost, much layer, cover crop. It allows moisture storage and mimics how soil is found in nature, while also allowing greater microbiology diversity, which is key to good soil. Try to make due with whatever u can find locally and saves on cost of soil in your builds :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

These the red leb puck f2 from jodery?

@Bearneff this sounds awesome man. I have a decent amount of red leb Puck stock Iā€™m sitting on. Just recently popped 4 ended up with all males it was hard but I killed them off for nowā€¦ Iā€™m going to do a larger run this spring. Would love to share and or help out with this project anyway I could :v:

2 Likes

I definitely highly recommend doing a living organic soil grow if you havenā€™t yet (or did you just mean you havenā€™t donā€™t a big LOS bed yet?).

I have also grown using a lot of different methods over my 20(ish) years and LOS is probably my favorite.

I still run hydro/aero and coco but always have some going in soil. Next run will be all soil.

I havenā€™t used big soil beds yet though. Iā€™d love to transition to big no-till beds but it would mean redesigning my entire grow space. Iā€™d need to either make the entrances bigger so I could wheel the beds between veg and flower, or Iā€™d need to redesign my separate veg and flower spaces so I could use them both for veg and flower instead of having separate spaces for each (so I didnā€™t need to move the beds).

I am also planning to try making a living organic soil SIP like in @CrunchBerries thread.

I think I might try this horizontal method too! I love experimenting with better ways to do LOS.

3 Likes

Any ideas on what the smallest size container you could use for this? They did mentioned 3-5 gallon containers at the beginning of that youtube video but didnā€™t really say much about it.

Like, would this be worth attempting in a 5 gallon fabric pot? Or does it need to be bigger?

I really want to give this a try. Iā€™ll probably have more questions in the future. lol

1 Like

I made them myself from original crickets and cicada stock

3 Likes

Very cool. Iā€™d love to take you up on this, just have a seed project Iā€™m about to start.

1 Like

You were right, I havenā€™t done any, been coco/perlite and/or RDWC for the last 7 years, before that I was on tables. If it werenā€™t for the amendments necessary etc. Iā€™d probably already be started. I have 3 giant bags of the organic pro-mix already, have some calcium supplements, some earth worm castings but thatā€™s about it yet, Iā€™m going to grab something every time Iā€™m in the store or I place an order online etc. Iā€™ve got a big ass list, rather than cook my own to start Iā€™m going to grab a few bags of black swallow pre-made living soil (itā€™s the Canadian build a soil)

3 Likes

I would say it wouldnā€™t be worth doing till a 15 gallon. I have some 25-30 gallon pots I like. Can fit 4 in a 4x4 space

2 Likes

This is basically what Iā€™ve been told as well. The bigger the better. Iā€™d love to just have one giant bed in a 4x4 , and tweak my style from there experimenting with big plants , small plants , more, less , differing veg times etc.
(BTW I have no likes for a few hours, not being a dick :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2 Likes

I love the idea of those as well

1 Like

Ya I highly recommend it. Little bit to invest up front but now my cost are pretty much nothing. Make my own inputs and reuse soil. And it allows full expression of the plant! It doesnā€™t have to be super hard or complex. Some good compost, and mulch layer, cover crop.

1 Like

This is truly my number one reasoning, terps can be off the chart with the proper genetics done right as well. Now you guys have me itching again! I havenā€™t talked much or done much about it since like September, this oughtta kick me into high gear !
Thanks boys, much respect :facepunch:t2:
Gonna be hitting you up for tips etc. if that cool

2 Likes

Yes forsure! Love to talk any organic regenerative tips with anyone. Iā€™ve been using a bled of different methods like Knf and jadam, soil food web. Think theres a good Knf thread on here have not got to read it yet.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been reading about the last three weeks KNF farming methods/culture.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just easier.