Cali connection Pre 98 Bubba and a Tart Auto

Pheno# 2

2 Likes

I think number 4 might be a keeper

1 Like

Clones getting transplanted tomorrow

1 Like

This is my tart auto, been vegging since January 1st, I don’t think it’s an auto flower, does anyone know the genetics?

2 Likes

The Tart auto is starting to take off, Clones are in 3 gallon fabric pots

2 Likes

Group shot of the 4 phenos of Pre 98 Bubba Kush from Cali Connection

7 Likes

Nice frosty girls you have there @Cory, what’s smells are you getting frome the pre 98?

1 Like

Ok on Pheno number 1 I’m getting a skunky pine sweet, on # 2 which is a runt is a similar smell w a bit more pepper, on # 4 which is a combination of the 2 but more sweet, Now number 3 is a very interesting specimen, it has golf ball style flowers that are very dense at 5 weeks and she reeks of pink bubble gum.

1 Like

Phenos 4 and 3 are of the purple variety, and have good calyx to leaf ratio. Phenos 1 and 2 are of the green variety and are much more leafier.

1 Like

Am i glad i found your thread Cory! I purchased 1 seed of the cali connect pre 98 bubba back in 2012 and turned out to be a keeper, jurassic dino looking dark leafs shiny glossy plant. Grew large mop shaped plants outdoor, limited stretch, big yield, best quality dank hash coffee chocolate kush.The bud finished in 9 weeks and rock solid stuff sand grained sized crystals, if you can make yours past 9 weeks it will be the most extreme stuff ever. if you can let your go past 9 weeks it will be a fiery red bubba pure kush flavour. Sadly I lost my bubba mother plant last month, I had its genetics in clone form for last 12 years since oct 5 2012 when its seed germinated. it was a long battle dealing with root rot, it was a 1 year old mother from late 2022, took 1 month to slowly die! Even its clones didn’t root when trying to save its genetics. Now back to square 1 and purchased a 6 pack from a reputable bank last week. Im feeling better seeing your thread as your 3 nicer bubbas look identical to the one i had. I guess cali connect is using the same bubba line. Im finally sleeping better tonight! i’ll be watching this thread and looking forwards to seeing more updates!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that tale! This is my first time growing Pre98, it’s my all time favourite, I hope to get a pheno similar to the one you had!

Now I feel stupid! I was here off the bat and clearly didn’t hit follow. But I am now, you really are doing a stellar job with those and since bubba is like myself an absolute favourite of yours, I feel like we need to get some cuts in your hand , I may be able to help. Not going anywhere now, I’m here to stay :wink:

2 Likes

Sweet! Thank you bro!

Same here! Pre98 Bubba is amazing.

1 Like

My pleasure bro! Here’s a bunch of likes since I’m out too :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Starting to fade now, I’m planning on 70 days

4 Likes

The difference in phenotypes is amazing, the first Pre98 has the classic musky sweet chocolate odour, while the second Pre 98has a banana odour and scent.

2 Likes

Wow the bud Looks good! I posted earlier bought a 6 pack of CC pre98 in the breeders pack, 4 germinated, and they dont look like bubba, more sativa like leafs, very strange? hopefully the buds grow out indica lol, yours has the bubba look. Thankfully somehow a 1 inch “dead” cutting of my 2012 cali bubba happened to root, and grew into a nice bushy plant. Kinda crazy the difference in seed vendors strains after many years?

1 Like

Bro, the trees look great, but were a huge disappointment, taste bland, 1 pheno was super dense and looked kushy, but taste like hemp, over the years I’ve tried a few different strains from Cali Connect like Lemon Larry, OG Raskal, and now Bubba Kush, and never again will I order any of their garbage.

Jesse you can find all of the elite cuts here on OG, socialize make some friends, and you’ll have everything you need right here, I bought the real Bubba Kush Matt Berger clone since my dismay lol