CaliBest420 aka Mark on Strainly

I haven’t grown any autos. never really considered it besides seeing pics of a few finished plants that I was amazed were autos . I understand it’s a recessive gene, and some have used auto genetics to shorten bloom for photoperiod plants (also prob another trick breeders use to make their plants not breed and grow true from seed). Then it would take selective breeding of the F2 generation to make auto plants. But the f3 wound need to be back crossed to strengthen the traits of the original target strain, so the process would have to be done several times. By then, the auto flower time may be stretched out to those longer periods and need to be pushed along with 12/12.
But since I prefer to find mothers and grow from clones when I can, I don’t mess with autos. Well… the idea of a set of auto ABC could be a good stealthy way to plant outdoors and get multiple harvests a summer.

5 Likes

Semi autos? Lol. OK.

Sounds like photoperiod to me.

4 Likes

Well yeah but it’s not as fancy as saying semi-auto :joy:

1 Like

True that! :joy:

@Seamonkey84
Interesting, thanks for the input when it comes to autos and breeding. So maybe it was a line bred to an autoflowering…

@Badger I was thinking the same

3 Likes

Did you have any issues in the beginning? My three look like they are experiencing a potassium and nitrogen deficiency. I just flushed them and the nutes I use are AN micro, grow and bloom with a cal/mag supplement. None of the other plants look like these. Strange!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s more of an outdoor term. AFAIK it means plants that flower at like 14/10 or some light schedule earlier than 12/12, so they tend to finish much earlier outside.

8 Likes

Oh okay, I think I’ve heard that the Oregon Diesel does that as well. That makes sense.

3 Likes

Thanks for dropping the knowledge bomb buddy!

4 Likes

Are those the testers I sent you by chance , autos tend to want to grow fast and can realy eat up some nutes , also depending on pH and soil temp certain nutrients can become hard for the plant to uptake,

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear a smoke report on the super 90

2 Likes

No these are the S90’s from Mark. Yours are taking everything I give them and loving it!

6 Likes

@Tejas. I had all sorts of problems, but they were 99% self inflicted.

4 Likes

Well beans got here fast.

10 Blue God
10 Bubba Kush
10 Super Fruit
10 Afghan #1
10 SD Lemon Skunk
10 60 day bubblegum

12 Likes

Really hoping the Afghan and Bubba K is super fire. Mark definitely knows that treating people right is standard practice. Good vibes.

5 Likes

I’m going to have to dedicate a run to his stuff, just an ongoing list of things to grow in an unknown order at this point lol.

7 Likes

Me too

I was going to start one in my inside thread

but might be nice to do one we all can show off Mark’s stuff

good and bad

all the best

Dequilo

7 Likes

Hey all, I started a handful of seeds from mark of different strains a while back. I had an Afghan #1 girl that looked and smelled great until she started throwing nuts all over. This is a bubba kush from him about a month into flower that is going good.

13 Likes

Looks like good top bud

1 Like

I just dropped 12 of those beans so we will see

I had a Hindu Kush that was really pure :slight_smile:

take it when it was ready the bomb wait too long nuts and seeds :frowning:

nice Bubba Kush started 12 of those to try also

peace and be safe

Dequilo

8 Likes