Does anyone have experience growing Masonic seeds?

I’ve been browsing different seed companies and noticed they have a lot of affordable strains but I’m wondering if anyone has grown their gear and can speak to the quality? Thanks for any opinions y’all might have.

2 Likes

Following for science heard decent things about his Wilson crosses I enjoyed his potcast episode haven’t grown anything of his thoughimage

1 Like

A local grower friend popped a pack of Orange Zkittlez Banana Punch x Wilson a couple years ago. A few plants made nanners in multiple spots. There was 1 very nice no-nanner female in the pack with strong fruit punch aroma and potent, but clones from the nice female made nanners on subsequent runs.

I have a few of his packs in my collection that I bought when he was running sales. Not sure when I’ll get around to them.

3 Likes

Overall I’ve not heard particularly good things. He hits tons of females with pollen from his Wilson male, lots of reports of intersex plants. No testing prior to sale that I’m aware of. If you don’t mind the possibility that your entire grow could be seeded, you might end up with a half decent plant. But that said, I’ve also never heard of anyone with a keeper they found from Masonic seeds.

Full disclosure, I haven’t grown any Masonic stuff and probably wouldn’t even if offered free seeds. I have too many other seeds to grow from breeders with significantly better reputations.

6 Likes

Exactly what he said.
He started as a troll on IG to gain followers and popularity amongst likeminded followers. He then threw pollen on a bunch of flowering plants. Now he sells seeds for cheap. If you’re looking for cheap, he’s got it. If you’re looking for quality, I’d look elsewhere. His Potcast episode compared to the other real breeders on the show, is all you need to hear to make a decision.

One time offer. Don’t grow his seeds, I’ll send you some from a more reputable breeder. :green_heart:

5 Likes

Thanks !!! You recommend ?"

1 Like

i would send a pm to @JohnnyPotseed for good seeds for cheap. am i allowed to do this? if not, hide it please mods.

2 Likes

CSI, Bodhi, Doc D, Dynasty, Freeborn Selections, Lucky Dog, those are just a few but everyone has something different to offer.

I look at a few things when I choose to take on seeds from someone. Character of the breeder, genetics they have to offer, work ethic, reputation, intention.
Some people use kindness to hide their real intentions. Some people are selfish and narcissistic but may have great genetics and work ethic. I try to find someone as close to the full package as possible.

Half of the growers here on OG offer seeds for free or a fee and they do good work.

There are also quite a few who I wouldn’t even take free seeds from.

Just because you can throw pollen on a pistil, doesn’t mean you should be passing around crappy genetics.

My .02 :green_heart:

2 Likes

Is this offer still open? That is very generous and I would love that. I am trying to gather some seeds to use for making my own seeds but so many breeders are so expensive! Maybe we could trade some seeds now for seeds in the future once I make some crosses? If you would be interested in that.

2 Likes

very true in what you said there are some great breeders here at Overgrow and many beginners that want to contribute. Right !! take’s more that just throwing/chucking pollen on flowers

1 Like

That sounds right, a friend of mine just gave me a bunch of mystery seeds because something in his grow hermed and pollinated his entire grow. He had some Snowcone x Wilson and I’m thinking that may be the culprit.

2 Likes

Was looking at masonics dollar seed club thinking wow that’s a great deal. Sooooo glad I read your post.

2 Likes