Canada law - more than 4 plants

That’s my favorite part. One of the main arguments for legalization was that criminal enterprises were making millions by charging black market prices for cannabis.

The solution? Sell it legally for MORE than black market prices, of course!

3 Likes

Massachusetts legalized in 2016, 3 years ago - legal weed is currently selling for $450/ounce.

3 Likes

On the other hand… I love having my coffee and smoke out in the garden in the morning and checking up on my 4 legal cannabis plants, and I love sitting on my back deck and legally smoking a joint instead of hiding in my garage like a criminal.

It isn’t perfect, but it certainly is better for my simple needs/wants.

11 Likes

Smoking wherever and the 4 plant rule are the only good rules. Everything else with it is shit.

6 Likes

While I agree with you, the only things that really affect me personally are the facts that I can grow legally and smoke legally. None of the other stuff makes a lick of difference to me.

This may seem selfish, but I really don’t give a fuck about the rest of it. Life is too short to get all bent out of shape because the rich once again rigged it so they get richer. Am I supposed to be shocked?

7 Likes

100% we are one in the same haha. Now ACMPR is also another sweet part of Canada.

4 Likes

I agree. I admit I was shocked when I learned they would let people grow their own. 4 plants can provide more than enough for many people.

@Muleskinner $450 an oz??!? Unreal. Is there any chance for the average person to get into legal commercial growing? They totally locked that down here.

5 Likes

Not selfish by any means, and I don’t think I could have worded it any better than that…:+1:

Peace
DaFozz

5 Likes

Oh wait I forgot there is also the rule under these new laws that you are allowed to gift up to 30 grams. That’s sweet. Gift an OZ and charge 150$ for the delivery :joy::joy:

5 Likes

No - you need $1-5 million to start any business, because of a massive regulatory burden & fees imposed by the state. For the most part, only large corporations and private equity groups with Wall Street and Russian oligarchs backing them are able to get into the business.

It’s true about home growing - it’s everything I need - we’re allowed 12 legal plants, any size, and unlimited home possession. So I have no complaints! Prohibition ended for me and the other home growers back in 2016. But as time goes on, it becomes harder to ignore the giant turd of an industry that the state is getting. It’s sad, I know many people who hoped to start businesses, or transition into legality, and they’re all being shut out.

4 Likes

Sounds like the Ontario system

4 Likes

Yep sounds alot like our system. What’s the possession limit out in public? It’s 30 grams here.

Also 12 plants is perfect, 4 just isn’t enough to keep mothers, try new stuff etc… thankfully I’m medical licensed :+1:

@bandit306 that’s brilliant, there’s always a way to make some cash if you’re smart!

4 Likes

I agree that 4 plants limits options, but so far I am making it work, even doing a bit of “breeding”. Although, I could accomplish much more with 12!

3 Likes

Ya doable for sure, but it’s so arbitrary. With no size limitations you could literally grow 4 room sized plants and harvest 10lbs, but 5 small clones is, of course, a major operation lol

3 Likes

I think the law here says you can have 2 ounces outside the house. Medical patients 10 ounces.

There is a clause in our law that eliminates possession and growing limits if interstate commerce is allowed by the feds. it could happen in the next few years.

2 Likes

Not a bad deal! 20 characters…

1 Like

Thanks for the reply…

1 Like

Stoned thought, I actually wouldn’t mind the 4 plant limit with just 1 small change to it.

Make it so that the law only applies to plants that are being flowered.

Let me keep 50 to 100 different mothers so I can have 4 flavors of my choice flowering at any given time, depending on the buzz I am currently looking forward to.

10 Likes