Canada law - more than 4 plants

Very good point @Craigson15

3 Likes

That’s true. Even if you can’t give live plants, you can give fresh cuttings (possession limit 150gr) and the person can root themselves. Another grey area that makes these laws unenforceable.

8 Likes

ya if it was failure to submit documentation based on legal purchase though you could still be required to have an official receipt of gift from someone who legally purchased it originally.

But that is a grey area. if that is what happens then we could face fines (for less than 6) even if we claimed it was a gift if we failed to prove it was originally a legal gift.That being said, it would probably only require a receipt or even a photocopy.

Would they be able to easily verify with a private licensed vendor who sold seeds?(i.e. would they have access to sales records).

Seems ridiculous as I’m writing it. But it also seems very possible to easily fine A LOT of money just by confiscating and demanding documentation.

4 Likes

You’re giving the government alot of credit there, you’d be shocked how sloppy and unorganized these institutions usually are…and again the burden of proof lies on them.

I don’t need to prove the steel in my car isn’t from the black market, and I don’t need to prove the veracity of my legal plants either. There’s essentially nothing written in the current laws to address these issues that I can see

11 Likes

Totally agree with you dude

3 Likes

I never said anything about them being up in my face. I can’t imagine they would ever do that if they were there to check out my 4 plants. They typically treat things like this as a “casual inquiry” initially, I prefer to remain courteous (but not “friendly”), look them in the eye, and have the right answers to their questions.

Become quiet or shifty, or have the wrong answers, and things can start to get a little more “in your face”.

As I said, I remain sceptical about cops - but this is Canada after all. LEOs (in my home town, anyway) generally have a pretty casual initial approach. Why would I immediately go on the defensive and clam up when I am not breaking the law? Terrible idea.

5 Likes

that might be a good idea in Canada! Down here “never talk to the police” is the best advice. The police will lie and put words in your mouth. It’s harder to lie about someone remaining silent.

If I wanted to be extra-friendly I might say “there’s nothing illegal here, I’m busy today, thank you”. Any gardening or other details of my personal private life is none of their business, and even today the laws still back up my right to privacy. I discuss gardening with the people at the garden store.

7 Likes

Never talking to police is solid advice everywhere. I mean they have their place but when it comes to an individuals home they have no business as long as nobody is getting hurt.

5 Likes

Just great them with a video camera uploading to the cloud and say nothing. I actually want a front door wifi camera/doorbell.

Also as for “how did you legal seeds” documentation. My friend at work had the best idea. Just buy a little legal weed and say there was seeds in it! Better yet, don’t even do that and just photocopy someone’s receipt. There we go, unenforacble law.

Not to mention everything else. Medicinal friends gift, cloned from an originally legal plant, ect.

I’m convinced. it’s not enforacble. Still! I don’t want to get caught off guard so I will have a digital image of my valid documentation available for potential requisition.

6 Likes

My Argyle seeds arrived today from BCCS. They are small and feeble looking seeds. Oh well, I got what I wanted.

2 Likes

Jeez…are they feminized? You should breed them and start your own legal seed stock company :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes. Feminized. However, we all know what could happen if my “neighbours’ plants” (legitimate or illicit ??) spread their pollen. How would I “know” that my new seeds are illicit (or not)? They will have come from legitimate plants. That’s all I will know.

See what I’m getting at?

4 Likes

You can’t stop nature!

2 Likes

Great post @Stoner. Thank you for pulling that straight out of the cannabis act. I’ve heard a lot of things from various people on the topic but no one seemed to really know for sure. So basically everyone should grow 6 plants instead of 4. :stuck_out_tongue:

and great thread @beacher I’m an ACMPR holder but I’ve always been curious about this.

sidenote- Anyone that wants to grow more than 4-6 just don’t be lazy and go spend the 20 bucks and 1 hour of your time and get your ACMPR. also you can get a fuck load of weed from 4 scrogged plants, just sayin, that’s enough to satisfy an entire family of smokers between harvests.

7 Likes

Cannabis was never actually legalized in Canada, they just legislated the shit out if it, creating even more draconian laws surrounding it’s use and cultivation.

5 Likes

Well that’s arguable, but I don’t love the way they did it for sure. They just put it all in the pockets of rich people which is the Canadian way!

5 Likes

What i find is ironic is it sounds like you all would like being law abiding people and they are doing everything to make you criminals…insane. Bad guys never cared about the laws…like gun laws. The only one who really gets tangled up with those laws are legal gun owners…bad guys could careless what the laws are! The legal grows are concerned about profits not quality…if they could sell you hemp they would! Weed should be like 2 bucks a gram not 20 or even 10…2 thousand a kilo is enough already.

8 Likes

Yea you’re totally right. Canada is backwards land lol

2 Likes

100%. Never has there been such harsh penalties for weed before. They wanted a slice of the black market without disrupting their fictitious war on drugs, money making machine. Now they get it all. Taxes, market control and the ability to arrest any competition.

6 Likes

It’s almost like the ruling oligarchs saw the weed selling for $400/ounce on the black market and said "I want that margin! I want that $400 per ounce for a plant. Let’s “legalize”!

4 Likes