Cannabinology STS Spray Kit

Seems the majority of people concur Canabinology STS spray kit is a waste of money and not a valuable tool. Even though out of everything discussed its actually the most inexpensive and has the least waste.
I will finish it up and make sure to not recommend it.
I will certainly not be going to the diner for pancakes if i can just mainline the maple syrup.
On to the next thing.

4 Likes

Seems like the 3 methods have a differnt benefits? I guess it all comes down to priories.
once the community can source a less expensive way to shoot them up spraying will be eliminated alltogher i assume.

1 Like

I have used the Cannabinology stuff 3 or 4 times and it worked awesome every time. I donā€™t spray. I use a pipette and place a few drops at every bud site. I have use 1 bottle and reversed over a dozen plants. I still have a ton left over. I have stored in in the fridge for a few months and it still works great.

I buy a 2 ounce bottle (enough for 16 ounces of use) for about $40 on Amazon. Thatā€™s pretty reasonable, I think.

2 Likes

Yeah that stuff looked really nice too, but as you mentioned, very expensive.

I was talking about wanting to try injecting just straight silver nitrate, or STS. It looks like people have had success using either one.

You could probably try it with your cannabiology STS if you have an extra clone to try it on.

There is a thread at ICMag where someone tried injecting STS directly into the stem. If I am not mistaken, he posted that it didnā€™t work for him. Iā€™ll try to find the thread and confirm.

I have also noticed that certain strains reverse way easier than others. I am pretty exclusive to reversing auto-clones only so my experience is very limited. YMMV

1 Like

This is what I do. The @Sebring recipe.

This makes a lot of STOCK solution. Which if made and stored properly, can last years.
I last did five treatments-five days apart, for a full reversal on a decent sized auto. This totaled 50-60ml of FINISHED solution sprayed on the whole plant. Her pollens sacs were so overtaking that I hardly got any S1ā€™s, lol.
:call_me_hand:t3:

7 Likes

i sprayed 5 times in total. Im getting nothing but hairs. Do i keep spraying or wait?

2 Likes

I sprayed every other day or every day, respectively. Both times it was too much spray. I say wait - thatā€™s what people have told me I should have doneā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised by all your results, I bought that brand, killed the plants, no seeds, no customer support.

1 Like

Ill let you know how customer support is (shorty?) i just reached out.

1 Like

I killed one too, but itā€™s my fault because I was spraying every day.

1 Like

They responded within 19 mins of opening on Monday morning

Hi,
Yes, you should keep spraying. A few notes, there is no need to spray prior to flipping, the applications of STS need to be done on day 1 of flower and then every 5 days until day 30 or so. Most varieties will throw out pistils at first but will switch over to producing male type flowers around day 30.
Thanks,
The CBGY Team

I gave the silver nitrate injection one try on two plants and so far I can only see that they stayed smaller. I couldnt see any pollensacks.

Sounds like @Mad_Barry got more lucky than me. What strength did you use? And did yours stop growing in height too?

Why arenā€™t you just getting silver nitrate AND sodium thiosulfate and mix your own few litres for way cheaper than premixed. Itā€™ll cost you 40 bucks for many litres of spray.
I want to give this a shot in the next run.
I just read it in some other thread here on OG the other day about the mixing ratio and took these screenshots. If I find the thread again I will tag you.

4 Likes

Its working!
All the plants treated have now started producing nut sacks.

6 Likes

Glad to hear it, I had bought the same stuff last year and was waiting for something special to try my first reversal. So far I think it will be on the gmo x fpog as I only have 4 seeds left and itā€™s been my favorite consistently over the years. Hope the stuff is still good

1 Like

That sounds niiiice :muscle:

1 Like

A+ in my book. Worked as advertised.
I was waiting too. Cannabinoogy made it easy.
I have a clone only strain called 1987 from PSG and midnight-mass from piffcoastfarms.
I was born on christmas in 1987 so i HAD to make this cross for the name aloneā€¦
But it will be fire.

1 Like

Niceā€¦how did you do it in the endā€¦ with sodium thiosulfate and silver nitrate?

Cannabinology STS Spray Kit

Added distilled water and a lil soap. Done.

1 Like

Oh I memberā€¦šŸ«

Good on you, best wishes for the grow