Cannabis Classroom - A Place of Discovery

Today’s just a simple trick for outdoor growers. Here’s a link to a thread I made not long ago. Just click on the link here,
Rainwater Delivery System

Be sure to check out the whole link n comments. This can beat dragging a hose or buckets around, and if it’s dry you can always fill the bucket up. Feel free to add any suggestions of you own, such as run offs or bigger catch-alls to help fill the bucket?

6 Likes

Keep going,loving this “class”
@PioneerValleyOG thank you :heart:

5 Likes

Are we speaking of cane toads here? That’s wild… I used to be into the psychedelics when I was younger. Oh boy was I. My mind has mellowed a bit, and I’m content with cannabis. Especially today’s weed, and edibles. Many can bring you either right to the edge of, or even on, a psychedelic adventure.
Thans for the input here, I’m sure I’ll enjoy checking out these videos!!!

3 Likes

Today’s lesson is a basic one. I’m putting in this link to a simple instructional tutorial for beginners.
Lots if good intel here, take advantage of it!
Friday is going to be Advanced Growing 101. But this Wednesday is a great dip your toes in the water course.

Remember, all intel is good intel. There are many not as knowledgeable as you, and many more knowledgeable.
In OG High, we teach all levels.
See you tomorrow!!!

5 Likes

I think cane toad is just poisonous. It was the Sonoran Desert toad that they express it’s glands onto glass let dry and scrap. Amazing medicine and natives who knew about it were careful and respectful to the animals catch and release. Once the word got out that their venom is dmt people became assholes and have devistated their populations. So he made it in a lab and it’s 100% the same. Check out Hamilton’s pharmacopeia it’s Netflix I think. Also has more episodes on YouTube. Like Swaziland gold weed. They sell it buy volume not weight.

3 Likes

Today’s lesson is for more advanced techniques, specifically
Cannabis Sex Reversal Using Silver Thiosulphate (STS)

While this is a straight forward tutorial, I highly suggest visiting @LoveDaAutos thread, Found Here.
@LoveDaAutos goes much further into detail and has some great tips on reversing. The link provided is only the beginning of a structured instructional tutorial, you’ll need to follow the thread as he provides further intel into the steps.

Here is basic instructions on how to reverse, and although you can probably learn the process here, @LoveDaAutos thread will teach you the finer nuances of reversal.

Hope this helps you, and you enjoy today’s lesson.
Put this thread on watch so you never miss a lesson!!

4 Likes

Today’s cannabis lesson is about ayurvedic health and balance. These are 2 key features in using cannabis healthily.

Cannabis is ayurvedically seen as a sub-toxic herb. Sub-toxic does not mean it isn’t toxic in itself, it means it supports toxicity in the body. Therefore, when cannabis is used holistically, it should only be used after a detoxifying program, and only in very small increments and never for extended periods.

In this form it helps reaching a meditative state.

Smoking cannabis is a very drying and mobile, airy action, just as dabbing is. This means we need to keep hydrated even more when we smoke, and that smoking will bring into the body more airy and mobile qualities, which can be good or bad depending on the state your body is in.

Using cannabis in food is a much better holistic approach. Adding oils and providing sufficient hydration will still be important to help better integrate it all healthily.

In both food and smoke, it influences temporal cues, meaning the body needs time to readjust to the natural timescales of life. It also influences the feeling of safety. The body, but not always the mind, recognizes cannabis intoxication as an unsafe state. Should we strive to keep high, then our bodies will try to readjust and find safety again by considering the high state a falsely safe state. This is part of the cause of addiction to cannabis, as the body then starts to rely on cannabis to feel (falsely) safe. Kept up for long enough, this can and will lead to degenerative disease.

Cannabis increases Vata (catabolic, using energy), supports Pitta (metabolic, generation of energy) and decreases Kapha (anabolic, storing energy). From this we can conclude that excessive cannabis use leads to your energy feeling used up, feeling heated in mind and/or body, and having trouble to keep muscles, tendons, and nervous system in a healthy state. Already skinny people will present with trouble keeping weight steady through the increase in energy metabolism and decrease in storage of energy.

Cannabis increases appetite and digestion, and can be used holistically to remedy a weak appetite and digestion.

In cannabis addiction, the body will strive to maintain homeostasis, and through this action it can happen that over time appetite actually decreases and digestion becomes impaired.

Cannabis in massaging oils can be used to relieve pain and to help blood flow increase to the area. Don’t apply to acute inflammation as this can increase redness.

Cannabis leaf paste can be used as a poultice over worm infested wounds and on atopic dermatitis.

Through it’s healthy action, it reduces anxiety by decreasing depression and increasing enthuse, temporarily lifting the heavy qualities of life. Through addiction, it will eventually increase anxiety by draining kapha’s energy of safety. This can then lead to various physical complaints, including but not limited to heart palpitations, jitteriness, the internal storing of toxicities, and eventually exhaustion, weakness and depression.

This theory can in essence be used to explain all paradoxical uses and effects of cannabis, and other herbs and foods as well with their specific kapha-pitta-vata actions and also to find out if you are using too much cannabis, or are using it too often. It can also be used to find remedies for addiction and easy methods to decrease that addiction

CBD, preferably as a full spectrum extract, can help in decreasing addiction to cannabis, but should still ideally not be used without end. It should serve as a way to reintegrate balance into the body, so the body can then heal itself from within that balance.

If you are already in a state of degeneration it would be wise to use these same principles to reverse that condition.

Cannabis is described in the Atharva Veda (the veda of rituals of traditional healing and magic) as “as one the five most sacred plants on Earth" It goes on to say that a guardian angel resides in its leaves. It also refers to it as a “source of happiness,” a “joy-giver” and a “liberator”.

6 Likes

Awesome, awesome, awesome, job @Wizzlez !!! Thanks for this amazing contribution!!!

3 Likes

Today’s class will be How to Make Your Own Vape Juice!!!

Without further ado…

5 Likes
5 Likes

Spring is coming, and soon it’ll be time for the outdoor growers to start popping beans.

5 Likes

Today I am passing on the first of many cannabis literary publications, The Marijuanna Herald. This publication seems to be reliable information, and will keep you up to date on current cannabis news. Stay educated!!!

3 Likes

Today, we’re going to introduce an article on 7 most common deficiencies and how to identify them.
OG High seems to be flourishing! And we are excited to have so many students, teachers, and OGrs checking us out.
Remember to bookmark us so that each lesson pops up!!! That’s one way of doing it! The other is just check in every day! I try to keep it updated, and also…
IF YOU HAVE SOME INTEL TO PASS ON, THAT WOULD HELP LIFT AND STRENGTHEN ANOTHER OGr?

For OGs sake, POST IT HERE!!!

9 Likes

This class is for beginners that wish to grow indoors. There is So Much intel out there it’s ridiculous.
Here at OG you will find indoor growers with mad skills. And I mean absolute Professors! Take advantage of these OGrs and up your skill level by asking questions, forming relationships, and remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question. So don’t hesitate to ask.
This is a very basic guide on how to grow indoors. Personally, I am an outdoor guy. This is primarily because I’ve done it all my life, and indoor growing can be intricate and challenging.
But never fear! Discovery class is here, and there’s a thousand people on this platform to help guide you.
And so it begins…

4 Likes

Today we are going to look at the importance of soil for those that use it. I wish I could have found a better article, but let’s take a look at the importance of of living soil vs regular potting soil.

2 Likes

We already posted some information on seed germination. That was the beginner class. Today, we take the opportunity to marvel at one of OG’s own, @JohnnyPotseed as we take a look at advanced techniques for seed germination.
JohnnyPotseed created this thread
which is full of some great intel, and since it’s that time of year, here you go.
This is how the big dogs do it…

https://overgrow.com/t/johnnypotseed-s-germination-technique/52473/172

2 Likes

Outdoor growing has many factors to take into consideration. Weather is an important one, and there are many tools to help you. Wunderground is one weather app, NOAA is another, the Farmers Almanac, and others.
This tool
is a great one, and I recommend it because it allows you to go back in time and compare all kinds of data.

The link is set to a Massachusetts town, but you can easily find your area, and the piles of data that comes with it.

1 Like

Please vote for my picture in the photo contest…

2 Likes

Learn about the top of the industry. 60 Mins, 2 days ago.

2 Likes

HOW AUSTRALIA GETS DOWN

3 Likes