The most Spellbinding-Inspiring-Rousing-Interactive & Fun Autoflower Plant and Seed Journal 2023

Same ZkittleZ as above.

14 Likes

Last spring I had some leftover wire fencing that I cut up to make this. It’s just a strip of LED lights attached to the fencing with ties. Works pretty darn well for side lighting.

19 Likes

Oh yeah I remember those plants,

That was one hefty zkittlez

3 Likes

Yeah it was a really bushy plant, my first time dealing with a plant that needed constant defoliation to keep up air flow and light penetration.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find the Girl Scout monkeys is very much the same

2 Likes

Well guys and gals the time has come to get ready to make some seeds and in this case S1 seeds. I have decided to once again use STS as my reversal agent but this time applying it by hand brushing it on the chosen branch. My plan is to calculate for a smaller batch as once mixed I’m told it doesn’t have a long shelf life. So I will try to make a batch that’s just enough to do this plant.

**STS SHOPPING LIST**

As far as ingredients / chemicals you need the list is quite short. The first item you’ll need is Silver Nitrate and look for Reagent quality. I believe I bought this small packet on eBay. You can make a LOT of seeds with 5 grams of Silver Nitrate.

Next on your list is Sodium Thiosulfate. You can use either Pentahydrate or Anhydrous Sodium Thiosulfate they both work fine. This is what I purchased I believe also off eBay.

Finally you’ll need distilled water, not spring water or well water or tap water. All water is not alike, you need distilled water.

You will also need storage bottles. I went with amber glass bottles because I felt they were of better quality and would keep the STS better and longer. I could be totally wrong but it seemed like a good idea at the time. These are what I purchased and got them off Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019J2L3V4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
One bottle to store your Part A when you mixe it up, and the second bottle to store your Part B.

When you mix Part A with Part B and Distilled water to create your final product this is the bottle I chose for the spray bottle. Again glass and amber. To help my STS mixture last longer I wrapped my spray bottle with black electrical tape to help keep out the light. This is the spray bottle I bought also off Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09WTXX3QX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In my next update I will go through a step by step process to make your own STS spray. I’ll tell you how much of each ingredient to use, best way to mix it, how to use it, and how to store it. That’s all for now.

Please have a fantastic weekend.

10 Likes

And a quick update on the HBMS plant 1 day post topping. I’m always amazed at how quickly cannabis plants can grow. Take a look at the two new main branches on each side of the topped main stem. Overnight they’ve grown like 3/4"

8 Likes

Yeah she took very well to the topping, probably will end up nice and bushy

3 Likes

God damn! Bushy and hanging out in frost land, well done good sir

3 Likes

For me one of the most enjoyable parts of growing is planning and preparing your next grow. Strain / Seed selection is part of that planning and I have a love/hate relationship with it. If I had just one strain the choice would be simple…I’ll grow that! But when you have multiple strains it makes it harder. If I start planning 4 weeks in advance my seed choices will probably change a dozen times.

About six months ago I made a new “weed” buddy. Up until he met me he grew only photo strains and was happy. Back in the beginning we did a small trade and I sent him extras which I usually do and these were Double Grape auto seeds. Well he grew two of them and fell in love with autos. He told me he wanted to buy a collection of auto seeds so I pointed him in the direction of Mephisto. The guy has more money then he know what to do with and spent nearly $500.00 on his first order. When they arrived he put up all the packs of auto seeds. A week later I get a package in the mail, he had sent me all the freebie 5pks he got with his order. Said if they were giving them away for free they’re probably not as good as the ones he paid for. So yeah, I agreed with him and told him I would do him a favor and take all those nasty freebies off his hands.

Between what he bought and buys and what I buy from Mephisto I’m getting a little collection of Meph freebies.

15 Likes

But they are easily opened. What you need to do is say “you know what, I’m going to trust that guy LoveDaAutos” and grow some of my Strawberry Pie <----FastBuds crosses. I personally guarantee the Strawberry Pie seeds came out of a breeders pack and same with the strains I crossed it to.

5 Likes

I acquired these auto seeds recently and have been wanting to try out some Atlas Seeds autos strains. These were the two strains I chose.

7 Likes

You dog, GMO auto? Color me green with envy

2 Likes

I’m going to try my hand at making auto seeds myself this year. Why Reagent quality brother? What does that mean?

3 Likes

Reagent-grade chemicals are typically free of contaminants that interfere with common tests. They are more pure so I figure better for the process.

6 Likes

There is no try in seed making my friend only doing. Feel free to follow along here and ask any questions you might have if I hadn’t explained it well enough.

7 Likes

I followed you over here from your other thread my man. Thank you :pray:

3 Likes

When do you typically start selfing an auto? Is it similar across all autos or can it be different between strains? I picked up the new Aunt Ginny’s Elixir specifically for making seeds and crosses and I don’t want to mess up such an expensive seed.

5 Likes

Great question.

3 Likes

Reversing autos is the same exact process as reversing photos the only difference being when you reverse a photo you determine when the plant starts flowering by changing the light cycle. With an auto the flowering cycle is not light dependent meaning it will start flowering whenever it wants regardless of the light cycle. That being said…

If you’re reversing an auto you’ve grown previously you can refer to your notes and know that in the past they started their flowering cycle on or around day 30 so start treating that strain around day 25. I love autos but have only been growing them for about 2 years and in that 2 years of growing them I’ve kind of come up with what I consider to be (and this is just an approximation mind you) the average age of an auto when it starts flowering and the figure I go by is 25 days. So if I had no clue when to start treating an auto to reverse it I would start around day 20ish.

I would LOVE it if @ReikoX would chime in here as I see him as a very experienced auto grower. Not sure if he does a ton of reversals but can offer his opinion on maybe an average age autos start flowering.

10 Likes