Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Some hopeful news for Humboldt and maybe all California. There’s a bill that might pass allowing farmers to sell directly to customers. Maybe even out of state, but I’m not too sure on that. Just glanced a hedline and and a few paragraphs.

4 Likes

I have been hearing of this myself.
That would certainly be good news.
Those distributors/middlemen are not going to be happy. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

No they won’t. Too bad, so sad. But it might keep the original farmers who started all this, going.

4 Likes

The out of state sales isn’t something cali can decide. That’s a federal issue @EpiKatz

3 Likes

Probably. But then California has a habit of starting new things. So i wouldn’t be surprised if a way is found.

4 Likes

I guess if they have the right lobbyists it’ll happen

5 Likes
8 Likes

I have seen that it is very interesting. I do notice sometimes during certain stages of the plant they make me itch…

3 Likes

Grow, improve hemp quality

https://agupdate.com/agriview/news/crop/grow-improve-hemp-quality/article_290f7f9a-73f4-11ee-94ec-97252f262994.html?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

3 Likes
4 Likes

without going searching on the internet, wtf is a high tunnel? the article should have at least explained that.

1 Like

It’s a hoop house, essentially… but tall. You’ve no doubt seen them at farms, bent hoops covered in translucent plastic sheeting. They’re “tall” to distinguish them from “low” tunnels, which are the same thing but much shorter (low tunnels are often used for salad greens, etc, plants that grow low to the ground).

The main distinction between a high tunnel and a greenhouse, at least around me, is that greenhouses usually have heat/climate controls (and supplemental lighting), tunnels do not (other than ventilation).

7 Likes

It’s a greenhouse that’s fairly cheap and lots of AG departments will reimburse you money for putting one up.

4 Likes

We have some high tunnels around here that are heated. The heated ones are more the exception than the rule though.

3 Likes

Just don’t mention that you’re growing cannabis… around me I understand they don’t ask too many questions, but for the feds to reimburse them it has to nominally be for some other crop.

5 Likes

Legally that would be a greenhouse in Vermont (for cannabis)… though you can no doubt get away with a wood stove or something like that.

4 Likes

Yea that’s exactly what it is, a wood stove. Over across the river we don’t grow weed in them until after year 3 or 5, I forget. We are looking at putting one in next year. You guys have more rules over there because of all the flat landers. :rofl:

5 Likes

Looks like home growing in Ohio is hanging by thread. The majority party in the Senate is divided over it, so we may win out in the end because they may not have the votes to kill home growing:

7 Likes

Hoping they don’t have the votes!!!

5 Likes

No where is safe from us expatriate Massholes.

I was driving in NH a few months ago and saw some lady with a “Welcome to New Hampshire, Don’t Mass it Up” bumper sticker, and I was tempted to get one just to cut off the Welcome to New Hampshire and “Don’t” parts.

Bwaaahaha!

2 Likes