Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

I wrote the Colomnist and stated the wife should have been reffed to therapy for her control issues. I also forwarded a link to the Marijuana Moments science and technology page, as I felt the extent of her research came from news.

Good growing ya’ll

Smib

3 Likes
2 Likes

not sure who you’re talking about but i had no part in it. kind of like your stance that ‘we shouldn’t accept this offer’ like we have any choice in the matter. short of marching in the streets there is no real choice, never has been, never will be unless some money is thrown in. that’s the only thing that motivates any of them. and marches - aka fear of losing power, they really make those in power nervous. they hate seeing us figure out who has the real power. the ones that do never seem to last very long either.

1 Like

Humans in general.

I am not opposed.
Look what a bunch of farmers can do when they all stick together, cannabis lovers could do the same if we stuck together, but we would rather fight with one another instead of finding a common ground.

I agree 100% motivation is the key.
I wonder when We the people ceased being motivated to do the right thing just because it was the right thing to do.
The word integrity comes to mind.
Again I am speaking of humans in general.

Maybe if more folks did the right thing just because it is the right thing to do it may catch on.
If we continue with the in fighting that will catch on too.
Really this is already the new normal.
Just look at rollitup.
The cannabis community used to be a very tight knit community.
Not so much anymore… :grimacing:

2 Likes

again, all of us aren’t like that. i have been doing this for the past 20 years for sure and a while before that out of my nature.

no thanx, never been there and don’t really want to.

2 Likes

Agreed, and I do not mean to insinuate otherwise. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i didn’t mean it that way, but as usual i failed to elaborate. i had a whole other line of thought going on. like the shopping cart method of testing character. something about how a small percentage of people are the cause of most of the problems, but that the majority of people are indifferent so does that make them worse? it was pretty elaborate but long and i was in a hurry. now it’s lost forever to the isle of lost wisdom…

2 Likes

Hmmmm…

9 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

I don’t see the police taking any notice of these studies, it creates more work and less fine revenue.

3 Likes

I will always reduce this to America’s educational shortcomings.

Nobody advocates for the social sciences. Psychology, Sociology, and critical thinking skills provide a lense to look at our behavior and contextualize it without reducing it to the most simple “isms.” They care about ideology, or what we think, not how we think. Its a systemic issue that will likely only get worse before it gets better.

I know that sounds like an inditment of modern society, but its a part of progress. We solve problems, new problems arise, and we do our best to solve those, so on and so forth.

6 Likes
2 Likes

The American education system was set up by, I believe, Rockefeller. The quote that was reported to be said by him is “ I want to educate people enough to work in my factories “
I may have the wrong capitalist named

5 Likes

IMO, critical thinking skills are foundational. They teach how to think, not what to think.

7 Likes

That’s what they want you to think!

6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes